1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looks like Jarius Byrd is available/other Info

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Mar 3, 2014.

1. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    The Buffalo Bills are going to lose a good player in Jairus Byrd. But after Whitner, Winfield, Clements losing fine DBs is apparently what they do.

Former Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland used the franchise tag on both Paul Soliai and Randy Starks in the past. New GM Dennis Hickey didn't use it on either.

2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Well, we haven't used the tag on anyone yet, so it's still too early to make that call. Obviously, nobody wants the tag coming off a good season, so the real goal is to sign a new deal before even talking about being franchised.

Besides, the priority was to sign Grimes. Now that they have that out of the way, the focus will turn towards Soliai, Starks and other free agents in the upcoming weeks. The fact that they aren't signed yet means little...there are still months to go before their contracts actually expire.

3. Grimes dogs

Grimes dogs New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Actually the dead line to tag a player expired at 4 pm today. Soliai and Starks are free agents allowed to sign with anyone starting march 11th.

4. Grimes dogs

Grimes dogs New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Can't wait to see Hickey put his entire plan into action. So far I like his moves / non moves. Neither DT is worth the tag. Starks is long gone. Soliai 2 years 9 million take it or hit the road. Would rather have a playmaker at DT or if not then draft a space eater in the 5th round like the DT from Tennessee for-virtually no money.

5. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Waste of cash IMO. An improved pass rush could put Clemons in the Pro-Bowl though.

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    What does Starks is long gone mean? Age wise? Because he had a damn great season. I agree I wouldn't tag him though.