1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ffxiv beta

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by dullfandan, Mar 1, 2014.

1. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    Has anyone played it... It ends on march 3rd for the ps4... I have to admit I've poured 24 hours into it and I'm in love.. I'm a big rpg guy, not a fan of the combat but it's not bad and the questing system is a bit repetitive but it a grind to level.. Put you in the mind of wow, I've never played wow but I've seen vids of it.. Other than the level grind and the repetitive combat it is a rich world with endless exploration which I'm big on.. I haven't played ff since ff7 so I was surprised... There are so many classes to work with, for instance you can be a rogue and a leather smith and craft your own gear full with dye packs and all.. Haven't see much enchanting of equipment yet but it's jes the beta....

this is game might be worth the 65$ IMO.... Shame they are ending the beta on March 3rd and scraping our builds... The second beta is in April they are saying you can keep your builds in that on and move them to the full game...

try it out takes about an hour to download and register and play thru the prologue... Then you are free to explore and quest...

2. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Star Citizen or bust for me. Only interesting MMO in development right now.
    [video=youtube;UvDs7RDKCag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvDs7RDKCag[/video]

[video=youtube;iT5BD7AtaoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5BD7AtaoA[/video]

3. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I played it for quite a bit. It's exactly like the PC version. It does the MMO thing where you're sent to talk to people and kill stuff then get XP for it. I have issues with the font size in the game. You have an option to change the font size for the chat window, but all of the other text in the game is a fixed size (from what I can tell). My TV is only 42" 1080p, and I have the hardest time reading text on that game from just 10 feet away.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Well on a 42" tv you should be sitting more like ~7 ft away (if not closer). You're not even really getting the benefit of 720p from that distance on that size of a TV.

5. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    I thought the font size was a bit small as well... But anyhow I had fun...

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Well the PS4 I play in bed so I dont really have the ability move around much. And it's literally the only game i have trouble reading.