1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had to pick one, which would you pick...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ET7, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ET7

ET7 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    If you had to pick one of these which would you pick...

A) 47 rec, 835 yds 8 TD avg. 17.8 ypc. 5 year $25 million $8 mill guaranteed
    B) 74 rec. 1083 yds. 1 TD 14.6 ypc. 5 year $31 million $12.5 mill guaranteed

2. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Philadephia got a better deal on Riley Cooper than the Dolphins did with Brian Hartline. Context means something, Hartline was Miami's only veteran receiver worth keeping while Philly still has Desean Jackson.

3. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Not just context but timing also. How were the Dolphins supposed to sign a guy still under contract last year?

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    1. Why is it that fans always compare white WRs to other white WRs? There are so many other WRs that Hartline is more comparable to that don't share a skin tone.

2. Why aren't you comparing Hartline's 2013 #s to Cooper's 2013 numbers?

[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table row_summable"]
    [TR="class: full_table"]
    [TD="align: right"]rec 76[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]yards 1016[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]TDs[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

3. I'll take the guy who hasn't been caught on video dropping the N bomb in an extremely hateful manner.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    They really want to keep maclin too. Cooper is arguably their 3

6. ET7

ET7 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Who ever said anything about race or color? I compared the two because they are both #2's genius. Also, the fact that you are saying compare 13' to 12' shows why you made such a dumb comment regarding color. Should I have taken account the hair too? so next time I compare guys with same hair length?

To put it in simple terms for you...

1) Because both are #2's with a speedy #1.
    2) the 12' to 13' comparison is based on that being their CONTRACT year. The contract was given based off of that performance, not Hartlines 13 numbers. "lol."

And you'll take the guy that hasn't dropped the N word? How do you know Hartline doesn't say that on a hourly basis and I don't even want to get into the N word debate when thats thrown around in songs to daily conversations as if its not a big deal but yet if anyone else says it its a crime. So please, don't bring up that topic. Stick to the damn THREADs question if you can't please don't post and go sign up on a board regarding race because your entire post was trending towards color and not the actual simple things in life like the simple question and the simple numbers that were presenting to you.

7. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    The fact that you are comparing Hartline's numbers when he was not paired with a speedy WR (2012) and was essentially the teams ONLY WR to Cooper's 2013 numbers shows that regardless of anything else, your comparison is still faulty.

Also, you act like there's a HUGE difference in the contracts. 6 mil overall / 4 guaranteed difference spread out over 5 years is nothing in the NFL.

8. ET7

ET7 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Okay so lets play your game.

As a #1 WR, did he warrant that money for that performance?
    You would THINK as a number 1 his numbers especially TD should have been FAR better then what they were, wouldn't you say so? So now he is overpaid as a #1, and a #2.
    Thanks. Just stop please its embarrassing.

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I was about to ask if this was because they're white. A more apt comparison at the time of the contract signings was Hartline vs. Antonio Brown anyway.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  10. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    says the one who started this thread.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  11. ET7

ET7 New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    who the **** cares about them being white. No ****ing wonder racism exists, thats the first thing that pops in your heads.

Aquafin likes this.
  12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Keep in mind Desean also missed much of the year, giving Riley more opportunities... Also where the offense is in it's development has a lot to do with it... The OL of Philly was much much much much better than ours...makes a big difference, just ask Tannyhill...

13. Larryfinfan

Just noticed that...why 2012 to 2013...apples to oranges ??

14. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Hartline played better last season than I thought he would, but he still isn't that good.

15. Larryfinfan

Then I suppose you also think Cooper 'isn't that good' ??

16. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Trust me that if there's an offer on the table for Hartline, they will trade him. The guy isn't exactly a playmaking receiver and 1000 is like an old bar now, almost any average receiver can get 1000 in this passing era. We have a bunch of 2's and 3's on our team, no true #1.

Who I compare Hartline with is Jordy Nelson and he's not even half the playmaker Nelson is, and is getting paid more than Nelson on top of it.

And enough of this "why do you compare this color to that color nonsense". Jesus Christ people. Okay let's compare him to Dez Bryant, that makes sense.

I would keep Wallace, see if we can land a true #1 in the Dez/Andre/Fitz/Demaryius mold to pair him up with, and have Gibson as our third receiver. Or draft a playmaking tight end (Ebron/Amaro) to have a duo threat tight end set like the Patriots used to have and then our receivers would be just fine the way they are... I think

17. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Well that's one thing we can agree on.

18. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    week 17 vs the jets...hartline went out injured...the offense was never the same after that

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  19. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Reciever 1.
    5 year veteran.
    Over the last 3 years has averaged:
    61.7 receptions/season.
    883 yards/season (14.3yds/rec)
    2 TDs/season
    Caught 56.2% of passes that targeted him

Reciever 2