1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phins player rep John Denny goes off on Well's report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 35m
    #Dolphins deep snapper John Denney, team union rep., outspoken in Ted Wells, Jonathan Martin.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 33m
    Denney basically said Wells was paid by league so he was going to find something.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 32m
    Denney asked if blamed Martin b/c wouldn't have happened if he didn't leave. "U just answered ur own question."

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 31m
    Denney said of scandal/Wells report: "This whole thing nauseates me

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 30m
    Denney asked if Martin be welcome in #Dolphins lockerroom. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 25m
    Denney said Wells wasn't gonna find nothing wrong. "U spend 3 months on it. I think all of us can agree he's not gonna (con't)...

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 22m
    Denney: "walk outta there address the table & go, 'I got nothing guys. Sorry.' U gotta come up with something. (Con't)

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 22m
    Denney: "They're paying u good money to find something."

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk · 17m
    Denney, speaking as #Dolphins union rep, said hasn't heard whether union would fight Wells-related suspensions

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin · 41m
    RT @flasportsbuzz: #Dolphins union rep John Denney rips Wells Report, saying he had to come up with something to justify investigation

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz · 43m
    Denney said wells would have found same behavior in every other nfl locker room and denney never witnessed anything over the line

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz · 45m
    Fins union rep john denney rips wells report, saying he had to come up with something to justify investigation

ASOT, mbsinmisc, muscle979 and 15 others like this.
  2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    He also said he never actually read the report.

He's saying nothing different than most of the guys who don't deny the behavior but don't think it was wrong.

And that's really the problem. Too many of the players don't get that you can't act that way anymore.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    And what does he mean that Wells was paid by the league to do this report. Denney, I like you but newsflash... the league didn't intervene on their own, they likely were not going to do **** and just tell the Dolphins to handle your own mess. Ross asked the league to conduct an investigation because he was confident that this would clean up the Dolphins' image and nothing would be found and it backfired. Pretty sure if Ross knew the investigation would go down like that he wouldn't have asked Goodell to send Wells and this would be over.

4. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you actually read the report.... which I have there are a number of times they come up with inconclusive answers, but still assign blame to Incognito somehow right after they say it's inconclusive.

My prime example of this is the part of the report where they talk about J. Martin using homosexual references and jokes towards player A. Then they go on to talk about how he just did it to fit in. He may have, but he is also sending the message he is fine with hazing and "bullying" by exhibiting those same traits he accused others of.

5. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    That's our guy !

6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Oh great, another Dolphin player that will make headline news for the whole nation to see. I'm starting to think that Miami only drafts idiots into the program so they don't have to feed them or something...

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I think the Wells report is BS.

It's credibility was definitely called into question with the O'neill thing.

Larry Little, firedan and GMJohnson like this.
  8. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Why is it BS?

Nobody has said the facts are wrong.

And O'Neill wouldn't talk, so what exactly was Wells suppsoed to do?

If he had told Wells the same story he told Dave Hyde he would probably still have a job. That's his problem

Serpico Jones likes this.
  9. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Was Mrs. Doubtfire a horror movie?

[video=youtube_share;1Ckv_Dz-Sio]http://youtu.be/1Ckv_Dz-Sio[/video]

Apparently facts can be used to portray anything.

Larry Little likes this.
  10. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Not sure what Denney's beef is. There really isn't anything that is being disputed. The fact are pretty much widely accepted by all parties at this point.

Serpico Jones likes this.
  11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    It's not that the facts are wrong; if you read the report closely though, every time Wells makes a "discovery", he backs it up with an excuse for the guilty player that they were not intentionally bullying, they did not realize they were doing something wrong, or that the coaches had never talked specifically about the situation. I'm not talking about in just a few places either; he covered the players butts almost every time he mentioned them...even Incognito.

Besides, the press called Incognito the ringleader; that's never specifically spelled out in the report except when it talks about the "fine book". Wells did say that Incognito was the lineman's top dog and that others tried to impress him, but that's completely different than saying that Incognito made other people bully each other. It's all excuses to allow this to fade away at the NFL's discretion.

On the other hand, the staff members didn't receive anywhere near the same treatment...it didn't look like those parts were even written by the same person. That tells us two things though-

- The NFL won't come down hard on the players and
    - The fired coaches are done in the NFL

All in all, the Wells report is complete BS. It was bought and paid for by the NFL, so obviously it finds how they wanted it to find.

12. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    OK THIS crap has gone on long enough . I remember when we argued over signing free agents and whether we should draft offense or defense now the only threads being started is ones about Wells , Incognitio Martin and Pouncey.

Tin Indian and 77FinFan like this.
  13. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Yeah, pretty sick of it too. More posting about this crap than actual football.

14. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Yup, I hate it too. Absolutely hate it.

I'll tell ya what, tonight after work I'm going to start a thread on ten reasons why Tannehill is not the guy. That should get everyone's creative juices flowing since most here are waaaay pro-Tannehill.

15. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Players need to just stop commenting on it and try and let it quietly go away. This is not helping.

Bpk, MonstBlitz and MAFishFan like this.
  16. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I guess Denney needs to nominally stand upo for the players as the Union rep but his whole statement was something that might have beenr elevant in October, not know.

Now he just looks foolish, particularly considering he never actually read the report.

17. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I agree that this is not helping, but he is the Dolphins player rep, so his comments are valid and should be voiced. Ideally these comments should have come out right after the report was released, but either way he deserves to have his say.

18. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Dolphins players should just shut up and accept it. The way Tannehill talked about it today is the way that all of the players should handle the situation.

19. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    At least he had his chance to voice the opinion of many of the players involved .He is probably right but we need to move on from this unfortunate series of events .The future is now.There should be no backwards looking IMO .NFL careers are too short.

dolphindebby likes this.
  20. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Doh...player didn't keep his mouth shut. Watch Philbin jettison him.

Puka-head likes this.
  21. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Kudos to Denney and any other Dolphin who'd rather wipe their *** with the Wells report than read it.

22. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    The bottomline is martin is a overly sensitive man who was and is not emotionally strong enough to play in the nfl!This is a game violent game played by violent men and a guy like him will never ever fit in.Martin should have acted like a man and handled it in house or just walk away from the game without crying to mommy that somebody hurt his feelings.
    Everybody will say the right political thing but the reality is nobody wants him in their locker room.This guy has single handedly has changed the culture in every nfl locker room across the league.You really think the players across the league are happy about this?
    In saying this I am sick of all this **** and want to get back to football talk.**** you martin for putting the negative spotlight on my phins!

23. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    those of you blaming denney for bringing it up....he didn't. I doubt he or anyone in that locker room actively goes out trying to bring the topic up.

I imagine they avoid the topic as much as they can but do any of you actually think the media has interest in reporting anything other than this "story"?

24. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Tannehill spoke today? Where at?

25. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't have a problem with what Denney said, but agree with what ck and others are saying. Just stop talking about it so it can fade away and we can focus on the important thing of improving the football team.

I understand these guys are going to be asked about this ad nauseam over the next few months, but they have to bite their tongues and just refuse to comment on it. Just say what the rest of us are saying: "We're moving on from it and I'm only going to talk about football from now on."

26. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Do we need further proof that the Dolphins roster is not exactly the most intelligent group of 53 people?

I think Denney just can't resist being able to lord something over an offensive lineman, a "real" football player, just for once.

27. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    If he didn't read it, how does he know what it says?

Bpk likes this.
  28. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Uhh cause no shuts the **** up about it? I didn't read it. I do know just about every single thing said in it though.

Did you turn on espn the last few weeks?

29. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I agree with Denney 100%. Jerry and Inoue confronted Incognito and got relief. Even though it's almost impossible to call any NFL player a p***y, Martin fits the bill in a big way.

30. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Shut up, snap the ball, get the hell off the field!

31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    So wait, not even the union rep is allowed to speak on matters of players without people giving him ****?

32. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I am sure everyone on this site have heard stories about the talking and mind games that go on between opposing players on the field, especially at the line of scrimmage. I wonder how this situation will affect that banter between players and especially concerning Martin and what ever team he plays for? I have heard that use of the "N" word is going to be watched for and use of it will cause an unsportsman like conduct penalty.

33. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

oh can you imagine?

"...unsportsman like conduct. 91 called 62 a mother ****ing ******, said he was gonna **** his siter in the a$$, told him he was his ***** now...15 yards, automatic first down!"

commentator 1: ooo the league office is gonna hit him in the pocketbook Monday...
    commentator 2: yea he really hurt his team on that play, gotta be smarter than that!

34. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
  35. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't agree with being this outspoken against something you've never read, regardless of if he lucks into being right about the side he chooses.

Book burnings happened with that mentality.

36. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Start looking at longsnappers in the draft? ;)

KIDDING!

Denney is probably most pissed about O'Neill… those two are easily the longest survivors here through four coaches, two owners, three GMs, and 18 QBs.

37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's not true.

He was in the locker room he knew exactly what went on and what context it was in. He's heard enough from talking heads to know that report completely ignored context.

Why is it that no one believes the guys that witnessed all of this and believes all the talking heads who did nothing more than read a report?

38. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    What exactly is in dispute about the context? Everyone is pretty much in full agreement.

39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What is the context they are in agreement about exactly?

40. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    That everyone was joking around.