1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Te prospects Draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by dolfan40, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolfan40

dolfan40 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Germany
    Since u always talking ebron im going for my top 5 Tight Ends never saw so much talent...

1.Eric Ebron

2.Jace Amaro

3.Austin Seferian Jenkins

4.Gator Hoskins (Sleepe Pick 5-7rnd)

Hoskins had a good senior year with 50 receptions for 821 yards and 15 touchdowns for Marshall. He is a nice receiving weapon, but is undersized as a blocker for the NFL. Hoskins could be a nice mismatch player as an H-back. In 2012, he had 35 catches for 374 yards and 10 touchdowns.*

5.Xavier Gamble

Would love to get either of the four..All 4Atletic Freaks!!

2. phinfan4ever

phinfan4ever New Member

Jan 17, 2014
    For me it is either Ebron or bust. He's the only TE I would draft and if I can't get him I would stick with what we have and hope Clay continues to grow and both Sims and Egnew mature.

3. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    **** I'd draft #4 just because of his name. I could hear the announcer now "Tanne rolls left guns one..........touchdown eaten by the "GATOR"!!!!

4. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    I like Ebron, but I do not see him as a traditional TE but as a beastly WR. Hoskins is in the same mold, reminds me of Dorin Dickerson a few years ago.

I like Crockett Gilmore in late rounds. He is a solid blocker and a solid receiver. Should fit well.

The guy to roll the dice on would be Jordan Najvar who has performed really well in the Senior bowl and Shrine game despite seeing limited action at Baylor. He proved to be wuick and an excellent receiver when given chance.

5. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    If You are going to be realistic about things, you should be analyzing the TE's expected to be drafted in round 5 or lower; and if you really want to be on target, pay more attention to the guys ranked 7th/FA.

If the Dolphins draft a TE with a high pick I'll eat my hat.

This is the guy I'm keeping an eye on. http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/2012-13/bios/brate_cameron_6h9e

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Don't forget about Niklas from ND..

More details in draft forum as well..

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Want Ebron. Next question.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm a big fan of picking the BPA regardless, but at a certain point Miami might need to be judicious about adding skill position players. If you draft a TE high you're basically committing to running 2-TE packages heavily. Is that going to allow you to use Rishard Matthews and Brandon Gibson efficiently?

I believe it was ck who brought up that you've got a bit of an issue if you pick the wrong kind of tight end. If you're pairing Clay with an oversized slot WR, you're getting faced with a Nickel package and not really getting the run-blocking mismatch. If the player essentially is just a big receiver, you might as well be judging them in the context of a slot receiver .

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Hey Pate, off hand do you know what Lazor likes in philosophy, Ertz and Celk aren't quite traditional?

It's tempting to think of the talents of Clay and Ebron on the field, but like you say it just destroys our run game right? We'd be officially a spread team with those two.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.