1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titanfall

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Desides, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No Titanfall thread? Really? I'm not too interested in the game, but let's remedy the lack of a thread, at least... :lol:

Release date: March 11, 2014
    Platforms: PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One (no Sony or Nintendo platforms)

Minimum system requirements (PC):
    CPU: Athlon X2 2.8 GHz (AMD) or Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (Intel)
    RAM: 4 GB
    GPU: Radeon HD 4770 (AMD) or GeForce 8800 GT (nvidia), 512 MB VRAM

[video=youtube;z5sqPxbLmIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU[/video]

[video=youtube;y5bNTGXOcdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5bNTGXOcdA[/video]

2. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Too much AI presence in the multiplayer. Concept is good, but to have AI fodder is a buzz kill for me at least.

3. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm interested, but not enough to jump in on a pre-order yet.

4. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Too much hype for a game I highly doubt lives up to it. I have to agree with Tone. 6v6 with AI bots. Not interested.

5. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty pumped for this game. Supposedly there's a closed beta coming this week. Hopefully I can get a code for it somehow.

6. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    With EA, "closed beta" means "limited time demo".

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [video=youtube;0RgZXzOq7bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RgZXzOq7bY[/video]

8. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Looks pretty cool. I just wonder how quick I'd get burnt out.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It honestly doesn't look that interesting to me. The environments don't capture me and the combat seems unsubstantial. The giant robots don't even appeal to me, which is strange because I love me some giant robots.

Think I'll pass on this and enjoy the traffic relief it'll bring to BF4.

Tone_E likes this.
  10. xDOLPHINSx

xDOLPHINSx Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Minnesota
    You can register for the beta now at titanfall.com/beta. Beta is for Xbox1 and PC. It'll be open from 2/14 to 2/18. I think I saw 2 maps and 3 game modes.

11. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Woodysgamertag (Apparently, a youtube guy who makes COD videos) was one of a bunch of youtubers invited to play Titanfall in L.A. So far, he's the only one who let the cat out of the bag on the experience. Apparently, he accidentally violated a NDA (although he said he didn't sign anything) by making a youtube video about it. He took it down after other youtubers told him too. That said, he apparently called Titanfall a COD killer. He thinks the game is awesome and is going to be the next big thing, ala Halo.

I want this game. Now. Since I have an xbox 360, I don't have to buy an XB1, but if this game is as amazing as the hype, it might decide the console wars for me and others.

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    How can he violate an NDA for posting Youtube footage when I just posted Youtube footage of the beta?

13. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Link to your youtube?

He mentioned he didn't know when the beta would be released so I imagine the trip took place before? I've read about several youtubers who went and they all say the same thing. We can't talk about it.

14. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No, not on my Youtube channel… look at post 7 in this thread.

Levelcap went to the same event.

15. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [video=youtube;tN3KkFJ6_-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3KkFJ6_-c[/video]

16. JdReimon

JdReimon New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Dominican Republic
    Any1 with an Xbox One need a beta key for TF? Have an extra one and it's burning a whole in my pocket

17. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    No PS4, no me play :)

Paul 13 likes this.
  18. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Supposedly the beta is being opened up as a demo tonight on Xbox One.

19. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    [video=youtube;p4s4tnOA8-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4s4tnOA8-A[/video]

20. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Played the Beta (just training and one match) to be sure I'd like it, and it is quite cool. I played with a bunch of ****tards on my team so we lost, and I think the other team was a group, but I did well aside from missing my chance to depart the battlefield.

21. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Too bad this isn't on PS4. I'm not willing to invest enough in a gaming rig to run it in PC (hate going against mouse players, and cheaters really ruined PC multiplayer for my years ago) and I chose to stick with Sony this gen. Don't game enough to rationalize buying both systems.

Will have to hang on for Destiny, the Witcher 3, and Star Citizen on PC.

22. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    I like it, the whole concept but I have a few suggestions. I think they should make the teams larger, maybe 8v8 and do something about the bots because they're just free kills. I find myself running around not finding anybody to kill besides bots. Also think they should make it more difficult to get a titan. It's too easy, every player gets one every 2 minutes and they should be stronger so it's an actual reward to get one so we don't have 6 titans running around.

23. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I actually prefer it the way it is. Yes everyone gets a Titan but I think that makes the game better because for one not everyone is good at using it. I have taken on as much as 3 and won, granted with low health at the end but I did. Even 6 titans running around most are destroyed within a minute, I rarely see 6 for very long at once. Titans are not that major of a advantage, I can rodeo and take one down 75% of the time. Bot's do need a bit of difficulty added to them because at the moment their just pest, and only good for farming to get your Titan in faster. As far as finding pilots I don't seem to have a trouble watch the mini map, and roofs.

Favorite thing to do is get my Titan, rodeo another one till he drops to his knee to try to kill me leap off and call my Titan down on top of his.

24. k-bayfinfan

k-bayfinfan Bikini Inspector

Jun 24, 2008
    Oahu
    Played the the beta on XB1..... DL'd the beta on the 17th and did the training part and shut it down and played ghosts instead. The next day turned on XB1 on and remembered I DL'd it. Played actual MP matches and came to the conclusion that this game is AWESOME!!! I wished I had DL'd the beta sooner. I'm a FPS fan and I had my reservations about it. I'm not a big fan of HALO and that's what it looked like to me. But to my astonishment the game rocked... and hard! You can call me a COD fan boy but when this game is released on March 11 I'm putting COD away for a long time. The developers put lots of thought into the game play and it really paid off. Played 2 game types out of I think 5 that we're on the beta. Forget what they were called but one was similar to Domination and the other similar to Deathmatch( I believe it was called "Attrition"). I'll explain this game mode as this is the one I played most.

The matches were 6 players vs 6 players per match max but there are AI controlled human sized bots on both sides called spectres. These spectres can be "highjacked" to fool the other team and get kills for you. Real players are called pilots and there were "grunts" as well but I couldn't figure them out. Each player/pilot can call in there "titans"(think Mechwarrior, Robotech, Pacific Rim)after waiting a certain amount of time(2 min.) and these titans are not hiding behind any killstreaks so every "pilot" has one coming whether you play well or not. The better you play the quicker your wait time though. The titans can also be "highjacked" by pilots who are not piloting one themselves, while another player on the opposing team is piloting it. While in a Titan you can kill opposing pilots either by shooting them with your titans weaponry or just squishing 'em if their near you. You can also disembark your Titan and have your Titan follow you and act as a guardian. Pilots can run on walls by way of jet pack, jump up very high to get to a second story window or roof.(this makes shooting them very difficult or getting away much easier when your cornered). Both pilots and Titans have melee attack. (When titans melee one another there's the possibility that a pilot can get ripped out of his Titan by the opposing Titan... cool stuff). If your piloting a Titan and your Titan is about to explode you can eject from it and continue the fight. The first team that gets 20 of their pilots killed loses but the losing team has a chance to get evacuated out of the map. If your on the losing team you have to make it to the extraction point within a certain amount of time(40 sec. I think) and if your on the winning team you can either intercept and kill the pilots trying to make it to the extraction point or destroy the rescue ship.(if you get killed at this point in the match you don't re-spawn... Best time time use pilot only cloaking device)
    The game had a perk system but I'm not sure how it works as I just earned it through XP's right before the beta ended(5 ability cards to choose from). The XP system is just like COD, where you earn different weapons and Titan/pilot capabilities as you earn more XP's. No killstreak incentive that I saw or maybe I just hadn't earned it yet.
    I seriously was not even thinking about getting this game, let alone playing it until the getting involved with the beta. So many ways to kill or not be killed.
    Anyway I'm definitely hooked on this game and will have withdrawals until the game is released on March 11.

25. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Any old time FPS gamers remember Shogo? One of the best and most underrated games ever.. Reminds me of this a little.

26. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This is much more of a slog than Shogo, IMO. I don't see much of a comparison, honestly.

Though it does make me yearn for a decent Gundam game.

27. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    What is a slog? Sorry never heard that term..
    You must have been a little kid when Shogo came out. That game was freaking awesome. So much fun and so original. Now I'm not saying it was anywhere near Quake 1 or 2, nor could it touch a candle to the original Half Life, but Shogo, in a generation full of excellent first person shooters stood out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogo:_Mobile_Armor_Division

28. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You seem to think I was denigrating Shogo. I wasn't. Shogo was a good game, I just don't see the comparison between it and Titanfall. Titanfall is more like Mechwarrior fused with Halo, at least based on my impressions.

A slog is something that is difficult or slow and requires a length of time to complete. "A hard slog back to home" means that going back home took a long time and was a very slow and unpleasant experience.

29. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    I wasn't implying you didn't like it.. I just assumed it was before your time gaming .. Did you play it? When did you start PC gaming? IMHO old FPS games were far superior to today's gaming..

30. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    :yes:

Crossfire was so terrible.

31. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I started PC gaming by demoing a family friend's personally coded games on our DOS PC, along with doses of Carmen Sandiego and Civilization. Really got hooked with Doom, which I had no business playing at that age, and later Duke 3D. Quake 2 led me to beg and scrape for a 12MB(!!!) Voodoo 2, and I played Shogo later when it became cheaper--my money art hat time was mainly going to console games, so PC games needed to be bargains for me to look at them.

So yeah, I played Shogo. Fun stuff, would be a blast if it had the benefit of today's technology. I just would rather have a great Gundam game than Shogo 2, let's say. First person Waverider Crash? Yes please.

It's really disappointing that the only good Gundam games are strategy (SD Gundam, Gihren's Greed), or never made it here (Lost War Chronicle). Rise From The Ashes was incredible though.

32. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Does MS Saga count? It's supposed to be good.

33. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I have no opinion of MS Saga either way. It just wasn't what I want from a game about large robots.

34. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Game's getting predictably good reviews. Personally, I don't see the justification. The combat looks uninteresting and I intensely dislike the world design. Some of the environmental interaction, like the high jumping and running along walls, is awesome, but overall… eh.

35. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    It's one of those games that you need to play to get it. I don't really dig mp shooters. But I dig titanfall. A lot. Had connection issues for about 45 mins last night at launch, then smooth sailing.

I'm playing on xbone btw

36. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Got it for Xbone.

mor911 likes this.
  37. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I think the thing this game accomplishes better than anything out right now is giving a sandbox for chaos. Because everyone can jump, wall run, hang, and use titans, every match has crazy highlight reel crap happening. It's incredibly entertaining. I am not good at MP shooters. I never have been. Even I have crazy funny crap happening on a game to game basis.

[video=youtube;r56hxkvqcjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56hxkvqcjU[/video]

And I'm not very good!

[video=youtube;5do_ZqEZqDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5do_ZqEZqDQ[/video]

38. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    It would be nice if they could balance teams better, especially when higher rank means better weapons and attachments. Seems odd they overlooked that aspect. I've been on teams that have been severely outranked and the outcomes have been as expected. Total asskickings.

mor911 likes this.
  39. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This is where this game needs SERIOUS help. Matchmaking and team balancing seems completely broken at times. Me and 3 buddies (leveled 33, 33, 30, and 28) start an attrition match. We get matched against 6 guys... 4 of which have prestiged 2 or more times (I don't know what the word is they use for "Prestige" in Titanfall). So we're in a match where 4 much lower leveled guys are up against 6 far higher leveled guys. Instead of pretending to be fair and bringing one guy over to our team for a 5 on 5 (the highest leveled guy right?), the game just lets the match start.. 4 on 6. Low leveled vs High leveled.

I get it, for us 4 to get a complete team we need 2 other Solo people or a group of 2 to be matchmaking at the same time. But come on... Put us back in the matchmaking pool, find a better match. Find a fair match. Not saying lower leveled teams can't win... But we lost 300 to 54 on that Attrition match. I am not good at this game, but that was just a slaughter. We play for fun, not really to be the #1 team on XBL. My theory on this whole thing is that they've optimized it so you never wait for match in stead of optimized to find a good match. They seem to want you to be able to start very fast and not have downtime. I think they failed to realize that it's no fun getting matched in 10 seconds to get pulverized by a dude who prestiged 5 times and his team of Titanfall goons.

Stitches and BicketyBam like this.
  40. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    You hit the nail on the head. I am only at level 20 and the guy that I play with is a 17. Neither of us are that good (but hey - I am 46 so I have blame my age!). I have won a total of 6 matches out of 35. I have never had such a lousy win % in any other online game I have played. It's sad. I have only played campaign mode. Maybe they match up teams more evenly in Classic mode? I haven't tried that yet. I can tell you that at some point I am going to lose interest. But I do enjoy the game as of now.

I usually play with my buddy from around 6:30 EST to 8:30 EST. If you need 2 guys to round out your party, shoot me an invite. Gamer tag is Bickety Bam (two words). I would be nice to play with a team. It's pretty essential for the objective based games.

P.S. What is your pilot primary weapon of choice? I've used the first rifle exclusively until I unlocked the G2A2 (single shot rifle) at level 18. I was way more successful with the first rifle.

mor911 likes this.