1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incognito fights back on bullying charges

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...s-hes-not-a-bully-releases-graphic-statement/

muscle979, ASOT, the 23rd and 9 others like this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Uhhh the face ejaculation is the most disturbing part because that isn't even a funny joke threat to a friend :lol:

finyank13 likes this.
  3. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    SMH, just a day in the life of McLovin.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That's how I routinely talk to Todd, maynard, lucky, FinD and McLovin. You don't see them suing me.

5. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Dolphins really need to finish cleaning house when it comes to the OL. Jim Turner needs to go and Nate Garner should be released and Mike Pouncey should be traded, if we can get value for him, and I think we can. Let the FA's walk and create a new OL crew from scratch.

Everyone associated with this crap storm can just play or coach somewhere else.

In order to make this thing go away forever the Dolphins need to acquire some high character players like Veldheer, Eugene Monroe, Jon Asamoah,Zane Beadles, etc.

There are plenty of high character quality football players out there to fill our roster nicely. I have started threads about this and listed options.

Leadership needs to cowboy up and pull the trigger and make the changes.

6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    All was good until they moved Martin from left tackle. I have no sorrow for Martin.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  7. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I would not go to that extreme.

Start with Pouncey as the foundation and build out. Look for G's and T's in free agency. Keep Garner and a few others (but def. let Jerry walk).

Def. let Turner go.

But, then let the new OL Coach build players that fit his and the OC's system. Hickey and the pro scouts need to do a bang up job starting today in searching the free agent market for the most suitable players and at the same time hammer away on the college guys for later.

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I can't believe both of these guys kept these messages, I see Martin if he planned this, but good on Richie to not delete them on a whim like most people with any text message, he'd be stuck.

9. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I don't know why Incognito is saying anything.

None of this makes him look good, even if you give him a pass that he bullied Martin.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    How do you figure? It makes it look like bull**** between friends rather than a bullying or harrassment issue.

ASOT, finyank13, gruuv and 13 others like this.
  11. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    This whole thing is beyond stupid. Jon Martin was going to get benched and left the team b/c he was unable to deal with that. So instead he spins it to make the entire org. look like unsympathetic cavemen. (which Richie is). The media ran with the bullying saga.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  12. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Don't look for PFT or any other national media to pick up on this. Doing so would validate how foolish and wrong they normally are.

Disnardo, MikeHoncho and xphinfanx like this.
  13. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Combined with his well noted past incidents the whole thing makes him look like a jerk, which he is.

After all this, you think many owners are going to sign off on Incognito being on their team? He should have left it at the Fox interview where he said he was sorry, realized the language he used was offensive (espescially the n-word) and that he meant Martin no harm.

14. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    It's already on PFT. But don't let that simple fact get you down off your high horse.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I guess I can see what you mean, but that would be admitting guilt to something way worse than just beibg crude with a friend.

16. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Don't get me wrong; I think Pouncey is a great offensive lineman. I'm sure he would become an all pro OG if he was moved. Nevertheless, he is a friend and public supporter of a guy who has probably murdered multiple people. He was also hanging out Richies house after the suspension and publicly supporting him.

Making Pouncey the cornerstone veteran leader of a new line isn't starting fresh and it won't erase the blemish. It will allow it to linger.

I think the Dolphins have a much better shot of landing guys like Eugene Monroe,Jared Veldheer, Zach Streif, etc. if it doesn't involve any of the old crew.

I think we could get multiple draft picks for Pouncey including a late 1st from a Super Bowl contending team.

Puka-head likes this.
  17. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    "Incognito hires a PR firm to press the case he is not a bully"

I didn't even read the article before posting because I thought to myself it was written before the quoted comments from Incognito came out. Never did I imagine that a headline this misleading would have contained the alleged text Cogs provided.

If it was the other away around, the article headline would be, "Incognito uses Racial bullying taunts and profane sexual language in harassing bullying victim Jonathan Martin"

The title of the article reaches deep in to the disdain people have for attorneys and PR firms and fails to even highlight the substance behind it. Then again, since you universally agree with all negative, media driven agendas and non confirmed reports, I'm not surprised you would defend their stance on this.

MrClean likes this.
  18. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    All I did was point out to you that the story was on PFT, contrary to your assertion.

And the headline is exactly what happened. Incognito hired a PR firm who put out the statement to Fox which has now been picked up by other media outlets. And the whole point is that he is trying to convince people he isn't a bully. The headline is completely accurate.

19. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I've got to use the tranquilizer gun and sandpaper condom one. That one's pretty good.

20. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Martin already prepared for this response by Incognito camp by stating in his interview to Dungy (is that the proper spelling or is it Jesus?) that he was trying to fit in and be one of the guys. Hence the texts. His legal team preemptively attacked, and they accounted for this and will play it off as if Martin was doing what he could to not stand out, and act as he thought was 'normal' in an NFL locker room.

21. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    So when Martin had a stock of attorneys and PR people in full spin mode detailing how he was a poor bullying victim, and the headlines read, "Incognito uses N word" or Incognito forces Martin to pay for dinner, they were somehow more important than the legal strategy he used, however when Incognito does the same thing, the main focus should be on the PR firm he hired, not the substance. Obviously you haven't been following this story or you are on their agenda. Which is OK too, if that is the side of the fence you fall on. However, don't let it cloud the obvious bias that was apparent from day 1. Martin has been in PR mode since day one and there has been very little mention of it.

MrClean and gunn34 like this.
  22. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    I don't know what you're getting so upset about.

You said there would be no story on PFT. I pointed out there was a story. You now have a problem with the headline, which is completely accurate.

Incognito is not hiding that he hired a PR firm and in fact the name of said firm has been prominent inall the articles, inclduing the original Fox piece.

23. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    In order for "leadership" to do that they must first have Character themselves.....they dont

24. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Mike Florio? Is that you?

25. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    My cover is blown!

Though I was "incognito" enough. See what I did there

:lol:

MikeHoncho and Larryfinfan like this.
  26. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    But you didn't even harass anyone with a golf clu– I see what you did there.

27. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Man, this is really turning into a 'he said, he said' isn't it ?? All this stuff is purportedly in the Wells report, which will likely become public at some point.

I still find it funny that this stuff (Martin's interview with Dumgy and RI's response, thru his legal team) is now suddenly coming out just prior to the Wells report coming out... Sounds like both are doing pre-release damage control. The bad thing for RI is due to his age and prior 'record' he'll have a tougher time finding a home anyway and likely he was not going to be retained here, except for a cap and salary friendly discount in any case. Martin will likely find a home somewhere, but as a backup OT/swing tackle which someone will be looking for. That's all his play has shown him to be to this point. It's not like either of these guys are studs to build an OL around.

All this leads me to believe that the report will say something along the lines of "both Martin and RI were in the wrong" and kind of leave it at that. Turner will be guilty by association and be suspended/fired and there will be a host of new 'rules' the teams have to follow regarding the locker room. Up till now, the locker room has been the players' place and not the organizations...that will likely change...

On a side note, funny how there hasn't been much talk about JJ since this Bully-gate thing came out... Unfortunately I guess he's just the better of two evils...his play hasn't improved that much... I'm curious as to how they are going to tackle this OL... Will they pencil in last year's guys (that are left) and go from there, or just blow it up, likely leaving only Pouncey (assuming he doesn't go to jail) to build around ?? But, there still time for that discussion later...

gunn34 likes this.
  28. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol lol..I'm texting friends as we speak.

ckparrothead likes this.
  29. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    What????

30. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Some people were way too convinced by the initial angling of this witch hunt to admit otherwise at this point is what I figure.
    Those that live in some sterilized world ruled by what has become the absurd rules of the Politically Correct Police don't have a filter for considering other options or the possible context of personal interactions between different types of people.

This whole thing smelled to the high heavens of pig excrement from the beginning and all this information is just supporting that.
    Banter between friends that happens everyday anywhere in the world in some form. It was on the extreme side but that is how some people interact between each other.
    Just a lesson that in today's world you never know what innocent things can be twisted by people and the legal system to set you up and make you look like a monster.

31. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Looks like J-Mart never watched this:

[video=youtube;vDpVBZmqgls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDpVBZmqgls[/video]

2socks likes this.
  32. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    He later used that croquet mallet to sexually assault one of the women on the garden chairs in the background.

MikeHoncho and ToddPhin like this.
  33. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    He can say whatever he wants, it isn't bullying even if that is true. It becomes a misunderstanding between two parties.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  34. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Was there any question?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

35. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Yeah ummm, dinner's canceled, Chris.

MikeHoncho and GridIronKing34 like this.
  36. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    He is going bonkers on Twitter. #FREEINCOGNITO.

37. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Not yet anyway. ;)

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  38. schmolioot

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    He is free. He can sign with anybody who wants him in March and he got a 6 week paid vacation out of this

39. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Should be moved to general NFL, this guy isn't a Dolphins player anymore, thank god. Nevermind his personality, what a below average guard he is.

40. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

That's what I'd do. Find 2 starters in free agency and draft two. Something like the Bears did last year.