1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBN 3 round mock 1/29/14

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 30, 2014.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  2. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Cyrus Kouandijo, Tre Mason, and Will Sutton. Wouldn't complain. I hope we sign an FA LT. Then we can get either a TE if available or another DT like Aaron Donald.

sports24/7 likes this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    As that board stands i'd rather have Kouandjio followed by Morgan Moses and then maybe Christian Jones.

4. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Good lord. He has 3 UF cornerbacks in the first 3 rounds? Or is that a typo and one of them is from FSU or something? That's insane

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'd sign up for that.

6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    All three are from Florida. Florida's defense was never really the problem. It was always the offense mostly. I can't believe they didn't have Dominique Easley in the first three rounds. Wow

7. NUGap

NUGap Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 29, 2012
    They're all pretty solid, Loucheiz Purifoy, Marcus Roberson, and Jaylen Watkins. I charted all the way through Purifoy and he actually had some really positive stats between burn rate, passes defensed - better than I expected. I don't know much about Watkins, but a lot of people were talking about him at the Senior Bowl.

I think Vernon Hargreaves III who was a true freshman this year at UF was/is better than all of them.

Edit: In other words I have no clue how to spell "Loucheiz" consistently

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    From where I've seen Purifoy mocked in drafts Early 2nd mostly,I have him as overrated, I think he's gonna get worked at the next level for big plays, doesn't have the strength or physicality to match up well with #1 and 2's, special teams play may jump his stock a bit but I wouldn't trust the guy in coverage or to take NFL receivers to the ground..he's no Brandon flowers comin out of v tech.

9. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I wouldn't be quite this hard on Purifoy. He wasn't always a great tackler, but he did always seem to be a willing tackler. His best attribute which scouts love is his recovery speed. He was always making a ton of plays on special teams and made some plays on defense. I wouldn't want the Dolphins to draft him but there worst prospects to draft.

10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I saw the scouts talking about him too. I honestly just think he is average-slightly above average corner who got hurt a lot at Florida. I personally wouldn't be a fan of this pick. I think Purifoy and Roberson both are solid. They both have different strengths and weaknesses.

I agree on VH3

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think this phenomenon in and of itself is a red flag though. When you have four corners producing good numbers on the same defense then there's something systemic going on that is helping them. The chances are very slim that they have four NFL starters in one cornerback unit, and the fact that we can distinguish via tape study that Hargreaves is the most talented of the four also tells us that there may be something systemic affecting the charts of the other three.

12. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I agree with this completely. I don't know a ton about Sutton, so I can't really comment, but Kouandijo seems like a solid pick at 19, and Mason would be great with our 2nd pick. I too would like to see them sign a LT in FA though, so they don't need to take one in the 1st round. Even if they do, they still could take Kouandijo and play him at RT potentially.

I'd love a TE like Ebron or Amaro; or Donald at 19 though.

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Have read that Koundajiao has lots of holes in his game, and from a physical talent standpoint, is this a case of "OL sucked=Take a Flawed OL w/a #1 pick to on paper fill one hole?"

Da 'Fins likes this.
  14. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The guy is a beast. He's a large, solid and powerful OT, a road grader who is pretty nimble for his size, but the question is, is he NFL LT nimble? The same could be asked of Taylor Lewan. I could see Kouandjio playing LT, but the question remains as to whether the Robert Mathis types of the NFL world, the small, fast and deadly pass rushers, will give him problems. He invited even more concerns as to that in the bowl game against Oklahoma where the small DE went to town on him- that game cost him quite a bit of money, I would think. Regardless, he's a road grader who is pretty darned good at pass pro- a possible LT and a no brainer at RT imo, and if we could get a rock solid RT at pick #19, I'd be fine with that.

He slides out and mirrors pretty darned well imo, and this is a powerful 6-6 320 lb guy, a rock. Very solid base, looks to have an NFL ready upper body. Pass pro is obviously important, but our run blocking was awful last year and Kouandjio would be a step in the riight direction imo, would help with both. Sign him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT5oZojrSBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aOxLkn6TS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh13wobMI5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1xOt2TfGhc

djphinfan likes this.
  15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Skeet you yourself is saying that he's slightly above average, and you wouldn't want to draft him but your telling me I'm being to hard on him saying he's overrated relative to predraft projections which is about mid 2nd round.?

The guy doesn't have a lot of core strength, that's not gonna cut it at the next level..he also has other flaws..he's got strange reactionary instincts, He almost prefers to give his man a cushion using that recovery speed you mention waaaay to often..I don't like his game..but I'm pretty sure he do well at the combine in his drills..hopefully some one takes him before our 2nd round pick, which I think is to high for the player.

16. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I was referring to Jaylen Watkins when I said slightly above average. I don't want the Dolphins to draft a CB in the 1st if we can resign Grimes. I still think you being hard on him but you don't sound like someone giving him a mid 2nd round grade.

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm not giving him a mid 2nd round grade,thats where I see him projected most by the pundits.

18. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Well I disagree with your assessment.

19. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I am not a huge fan of Kouandjio. Watched him all year at Alabama. He is big and can road-grade pretty well. But, he had a lot of plays where he did not dominate or got beat (esp. against decent competition). And, I am not sure about his long-term work ethic.

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    right on skeeter, where do you think his talent deserves to go in this draft?

21. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I would say 2nd round - Early 3rd round.