1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Bowl Chat

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ToddPhin, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Will Sutton is up to 315? WTF.
    LOL at him going from quick, disruptive 3-tech to short worthless nose tackle.
    Does he not realize the fatter he gets the worse he gets? Who's his f***in agent, Chef Boyardee?

Lotta short QBs this year. What's the average height of the 5 excluding Logan Thomas? 6'1 1/4? Boyd checking in taller than Aaron Murray at nearly 6'1. Good for him.

Billy Turner at 6'5 315. Nice job.

Van Noy at 6'4 244. Should open some eyes.

Morgan Moses at 6'6 325 with nearly 35 inch arms? Muy Bueno.

2. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Bengals will spend a flier on Sutton and then near year he'll miraculously be at 285 and leading the league in rookie sacks.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    As I said before, Aaron Donald came in a hair short of 6'1" and 288 lbs with 32 inch arms. He's a big winner in the weigh-ins. Personally I think Sutton's weight shows that our theories of him bulking up too much are probably true.

Donald was a beast in practice. He handled Cyril Richardson like a kitten.

4. NUGap

NUGap Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Just gotta thrown in a positive note for my boy Kain Colter:

CB Aaron Colvin from Oklahoma got some good reviews and I saw him make a really nice play on a ball in a 1 on 1 drill. The problem is he rarely ever made plays on the ball at Oklahoma. Wondering if today is an aberration and if not, what's changed?

I didn't see much of him, but in a few drills I saw on the Jags live feed, LB Lamin Barrow of LSU looked really fluid. Reportedly had an interception in one of the drills too. He came in at 6'1", 229, so I'm wondering if he's potentially a safety convert.

5. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Love Lamin Barrow. I wish he had a little more explosiveness, but he is a really good all around LB.

6. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    This made me lol.

It'd be nice if Kacy Rodgers has the same effect in the upcoming year(s).

ToddPhin likes this.
  7. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    Hageman is 317 pounds?!?!

Holy crap. If he's sitting at the end of round 1 I would take him and not look back. He might just need some coaching.

8. NUGap

NUGap Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Aaron Donald from the Senior Bowl today:

[​IMG]

Paul 13, Da 'Fins, sports24/7 and 5 others like this.
  9. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    lolz He won't make it out of the top ten.

ckparrothead likes this.
  10. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Beast. One of the best players in the draft.

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    What I'm actually more interested in his how or if Richardson bounces back from that beating.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I can tell with the buzz Donald and Billy Turner are receiving, they both won't make it to the Dolphins pick.

13. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    of what round?

14. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Based on what I know of pit drills, the players go up against one another two times in a row, then the pit rotates to another set of players. What I've heard is that Donald beat Richardson with speed on the first rep, then on the second rep when Richardson tried to adjust, Donald just bulled him straight to the ground. I believe the moving GIF above is probably that second rep.

Thing is, they rotated through and the two players got down again for another set of two reps. According to Tony Pauline, Aaron Donald beasted him again in those reps.

ToddPhin, MikeHoncho and SICK like this.
  15. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Is Billy Turner receiving buzz? He ought to.

16. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    looks like Miami has had interviews with CJ Fiedorowicz and Caraun Reid (DT) at the Senior Bowl so far.

ToddPhin likes this.
  17. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I just saw that as well, reported by Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball? Or did you see that elsewhere?

18. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Hotdamn. Don't most people have Richardson in the top 50?

Any word on how Kyle Van Noy is looking? The idea of him at 19 is growing on me - better in coverage than he gets credit for, 3-down player with great instincts that we're really lacking at LB.

19. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

It is too early to tell. I think there is a realistic chance that both could make it to our pick.

20. MrClean

Justis Mosqueda @JuMosq
    Follow
    Tajh Boyd came in at 6006, but has an adjusted release point of someone 6040.

21. MrClean

How can that be? We have no GM. We are a headless horseman. Or is that a horseless headsman? :shifty:

22. MrClean

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN
    Follow
    The days of the sub-5'10" CB are over.

23. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Man, I'd be pretty happy if Miami came out with a round 1 and 2 haul of Louis Nix/Aaron Donald and Billy Turner/Seantreal Henderson. Any combo of those 4 sounds good to me and address arguably the two biggest "need" spots at this point. Obviously, this is before free agency.

24. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Van Noy looks thicker than he did during the season.

Christian Jones is an impressive prospect but where do you play him. He's not a DE, not a SAM, not a rush LB in a 3-4, and was moved from ILB at FSU b/c he had problems diagnosing and was causing him to play slow. Do you bulk him up like St Louis impressively did with the similarly framed Alec Ogletree and try to make him a MIKE or convert him to hybrid LB or LEO, or do you keep him at close to his current size to maintain his speed and move him to WILL where he looked better as a Junior? He reminds me a little of Zach Brown, a 4-3 WILL with great athleticism and speed but a rarer ability to rush the passer from that position. Jones could be an alternative to Van Noy the more I think about it.

25. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    If the Dolphins re-sign Paul Soliai (he wants to stay) then Aaron Donald would fit into the rotation perfectly.

People forget that dude can play defensive end. He actually pass rushed from defensive end on obvious passing downs and beat GOOD tackles. We're talking NFL caliber tackles like Justin Pugh.

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  26. TooGoodForDez

Feb 26, 2013
    I am not a fan of Henderson.

But then again, I am not a fan of any OLmen high.

27. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    For me, I'd rather have Morgan Moses than Henderson..... and Nix doesn't blow me away as a can't miss future Pro Bowler. I'd rather have Donald and Caraun Reid.... or even Da'Quan Jones or Reid over Nix considering the high draft pick it'd save us.

28. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    There are three routes I'd want to go with that [involving re-signing Soliai], and Donald is one of them b/c I agree about his ability to line up at end or closed end. The other is Dominique Easley who I coveted since last year as our future closed end/nickel rusher. His injury could be a blessing in disguise. The last is Caraun Reid who already has experience playing outside and inside.

29. TooGoodForDez

Feb 26, 2013
    The only reason I am against drafting Easley is because he plays with his head in the sand, loses action.

30. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Billy Turner got stumped by Chris Smith with a vicious spin move. Turner never saw that at the FCS level, lol.

Not really worried about Turner so much as I am more anxious to dive into Chris Smith, whom I've been putting off.

31. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    My main criticism of Nix is that, to me, it looks like he put on too much "bad" weight heading into the 2013 season. He looked smaller, an oxymoron for a NT, in 2012 and played much better IMO. That version of Louis Nix would be well worth the 19th pick, IMO, especially if Soliai isn't brought back. If you bring back Soliai, give me Aaron Donald.

I wonder, if Donald is the pick, if Kevin Coyle would revert back to his 2012 style in the base package with Donald as a 3-technique and Odrick as the Close End to mitigate the poor run defense of the LBs. Still plenty of snaps for Vernon and Jordan to go around as well.

Even then, I could be content with a rotation like this year with Soliai, Odrick and Donald in the middle. It'd be nice to see them do what they can to bring Dion Jordan along even more. If you can turn him into Michael Johnson (using the Cincinnati defense as an analogy), then I think that's got to be considered a relative success given what we know now.

ToddPhin likes this.
  32. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Billy Turner having a rough day. Beaten by Adrian Hubbard on the outside as well. They tried him at right guard for a bit and he got tossed around like a rag doll by Daniel McCullers. Moving him inside is not the answer. He's coming from the FCS. You have to coach him how to handle guys that have more advanced moves and athleticism. Get to the basics. Sink your hips, move your feet, time your punch, etc.

33. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Dolphins scout seen on the field talking to Billy Turner.

34. TooGoodForDez

Feb 26, 2013
    I don't know much about Turner. From the game footage, he looks raw like Robinson in pass pro, but he is strong and drives off blockers. The question is why hasn't he developed so far into a tackle? I can't find his history.(Unlike Henderson who just seems clueless in both run and pass game.)

35. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I like Jones and personally I could see him in the middle, SAM or WILL. He's physical and the guy can move, very good athlete. The knock on him, as you say, is his questionable grasp of the game- that being said, I think that he's definitely worth a look. I can't wait to get rid of Wheeler and Ellerbe, and as things stand now if we drafted him and groomed him for 2015 after Wheeler, Ellerbe and their bloated salaries are dumped, I'd be fine with that. From what I've seen he can cover, rush and he's versatile as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Stfji-Xflk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P3_vWbOWyA

Look at the coverage here in the first play- not the questionable technique, but rather the speed and acceleration- dude can move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tPU2PerxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTs2hHaxC8

Here at :34- those be some wheels, fantastic sideline pursuit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqC8dSzvKxI

Middle or outside, I'd take him over the two clowns we have in there now and let him grow on the job, sans ludicrous salaries.

ToddPhin likes this.
  36. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  37. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Dane Brugler said he expects him to be a top 40 pick.

38. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think that sounds about right. Tony Pauline had spoken with scouts a few months ago that said top 75.

He struggled today though. Pauline seemed to imply he struggled yesterday as well. We'll see how tomorrow and Thursday go, and then the game itself.

39. MrClean

Not just OL, but I think all players should avoid recreational drug use.

CaribPhin and Stitches like this.