1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cry Me a F'n River

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by GreysonWinfield, Jan 20, 2014.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I think he knows as he's probably had wes do it for him. Either way he is right, it's dirty.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    We'd (justifiably) be saying the same thing if he did it to Brent Grimes.

Can't say Welker intended to injure Talib. But he most certainly meant to hit him. Welker made no attempt to get open.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It was just like the thousands of other illegal picks set in the NFL every season....

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    In all honesty, the NFL either needs to be more consistent with the illegal pick move. It's been pulled so many times without even being called.

Stitches likes this.
  5. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado

There it is.

He didn't turn his head to look for a pass at all.

6. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Because he was intentionally setting an illegal pick. Not trying to injure him. If you want to injure someone, the way he hit him would be the least likely way. Talib got unlucky.

eltos_lightfoot and MikeHoncho like this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    One of New Englands main offensive schemes is pick plays to get open underneath. Welker probably perfected his craft in all his time under the Patriots. Its unfortunate he got hurt, but its a play that goes uncalled and happens in every single game. Whether its using another player or the field judge.

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    There was nothing dirty about that play...teams run these routes all the time......

You want dirty? Rodney Harrison whom BB coached was the definition of dirty...

Talib is a soft punk......good riddance....

What is the common theme when the Pats lose for the final time every year? Sour drapes....the blame game starts......expect this time there was nobody to blame expect Brady who was awful.

Lastly, it wouldn't have mattered if Talib was there or not, Manning was in blowtorch mode and there was no stopping him...

eltos_lightfoot, RGF and MikeHoncho like this.
  9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    So conflicted. I hate both of these human beings so much.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  10. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I thought Welker learned that play from his days in New England.

11. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Classy Bill as always. Its always good to see him be such a stand up man after a loss ( sarcasm)

finyank13 likes this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    you hate Welker? Why?

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    "Rub route". The whole purpose is for the guy underneath to get open. Receivers are coached to literally rub shoulders on this sort of route. This is supposed to create separation because the dback can't run through the oncoming traffic. If the dback is unaware of his surroundings and gets clipped, then oh well. Not a dirty play.

The irony of Harrison calling out "dirty" plays. One of the top 50 dirties players in sports history. Ok.

Did Belichick cry too? The same guy who sought players of the likes of Harrison and Merriweather? Ok.

14. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Belichick should just shut the **** up. It was fine though when his D-lineman purposely tripped Luck in the Indy game. Or, when Brady kicked up his leg into Reeds groin during last years Ravens game. He even cries when his team gets flagged for illegal chop blocks(Bengals game). Its the same old sob story every time they lose. He rather blame others instead of giving credit to the other teams that out play and out coach his team. Cant believe the balls on this guy....all this coming from someone who was caught filming opposing teams practices.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  15. LiferYank

LiferYank New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Figure out why Welker went to Denver yet? ;)

16. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Quite frankly, I've gained a new level of respect for Welker.

17. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Quite frankly, I'm beginning to be sexually attracted to Welker. nohomo

18. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I went from liking Welker( Dolphins) , to absolutely hating him ( Patriots) , to rooting for him (Broncos on Sunday). And I`ll be rooting for him in the SB also since I want the Broncos to win. Hate the Seahawks.

xphinfanx likes this.
  19. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Well, he DID look kinda cute in his oversized "George Jetson"-like protective helmet sunday. :mellow:

bigbry likes this.
  20. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    I was thinking more along the lines of The Great Gazoo dum dum.

21. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    it looked like the ball his thomas in the chest just as welker and talib made contact. in real time it is hard to break it down by the milisecond. the play was clean, this whole the broncos were sending wes welker to take out aqib talib that is going through new england right now if laughable and anyone buying into it should not be taken seriously again.

as for pick plays i cannot stand them, BB cannot go out there and rip pick plays because he and the patriots are the master of them, and they do them all the time, brady just drops back and hits a wide open guy due to a pick that never gets called and racks up the yardage.

22. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I don't see them sending Welker to hit someone so hard as to take him out when Welker just had three weeks off with a concussion. Looked like Welker making a play to me that's all.