1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sports math Oklahoma style.

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Aquafin, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I am reviewing some of our past rosters and I'M also comparing the Miami Heat to the Dolphins and some troubling things are poping up at me .

first let me say I know you shouldn't compare apples to oranges but I am going to do that anyways.

people will defend certain players who are not that good and I am no different but I have come to the conclusion that the dolphins don't have the star power that the heat have.
    Miami dolphins of 2013 to 1993 has painted me a clear painting of where the Dolphins are in terms of talent and depth.

MIAMI HEAT VS MIAMI DOLPHINS

LeBron James nobody remotely close to Lebron .

Dewayne Wade Brandon Gibson ?

Chris Bosh Mike Wallace or Charles Clay

Ray Allen Lamar Miller .

there are other Heat players that I wont throw out there. but the front Office between the two sports teams is clearly in the heat's favor.

comparing Miami dolphins from 1993 to the Dolphins of 2013 is like this.

1999 we had .

Dan Marino and Scott Mitchell vs Ryan Tannehill and Matt Moore . we all know the difference here.

Mark Higgs James Saxon vs Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas no contest here.

Troy Vincent and JB Brown vs Dion Jordan and the other cb who's name escapes me. its not even remotely close.

Jarvis Williams Louis Oliver vs the no name guys of this year 's team

Bryan Cox and Dwight Hollier vs the yo yo 's of this year's team . the back ups are better then this linebacking corp.

Greg Baty and Keith Jackson vs Charles Clay and Michael Egnew these guys are leagues apart .

Mike Williams , Irving Fryar and Mark Ingam . vs Mike Wallace , Brian Hartline . we could of drafted Mark Ingram's son the depth is much more recognized on the 93 ' team and the talent gap is as wide as the Atlantic Ocean .

Bobby Humphrey Tony Paige vs this year team we don't have a real full back and I don't know for sure that Humphrey is better then Thigpen but I would take Paige hands down .

Richmond Webb Keith Sims and Jeff Uhlenhake vs our oline of today . how good would we be if we had these guys on our oline.

notables we had Tony Martin , Marco Coleman , and Jeff Cross .

so the bottom line is depth across the board talent. granted some of those players on the 93 may not have been as good as Gibson , Cameron Wake but if you had to evaluate these guys who would be the biggest impact players excluding Marino and Troy Vincent.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. Phinfanjt

Phinfanjt New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Start drinking early today?

MrClean likes this.
  3. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Came for a Chris Chambers reference, left disappointed.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    really?

Stitches likes this.
  5. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    You're insulting the hell out of the Heat by comparing their Hall of Fame players to the likes of Brandon Gibson, Charles Clay, Lamar Miller and Mike Wallace.

I mean, Bradon Gibson is probably the 3rd or 4th best WR on this team, and somehow you're comparing him to one of the best shooting guards of all time.

I don't even know how to respond to the rest of this.

6. scotty_irnbru

scotty_irnbru Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Dundee, Scotland
    Ridiculous. You must have spent ages on this. Ridiculous.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Fighting mental health again I see.