1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ross does not respect the fans

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by shula_guy, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Whatever Ross is planning on doing even if it is likely that he does nothing. He needs to at least address us fans and tell us what his decision is.

I do not hate Ireland as much as some do but I do find him to be very mediocre and would have no objection to replacing him. Philbin does not impress me enough to be opposed to ditching him as well. I'm not even sold on the idea that Ryan Tannehill is anything more than another Andy Dalton level of QB.

I can understand giving RT another season to evaluate his growth. I can even see the same argument being made to defend keeping Philbin around. Ireland though has been here 6 years now and has had two different coaching staffs and has produced 0 playoff victories.

Bottom line is Ross needs to get in front of a mic and explain to the fans what he is thinking. I suspect he is going to do anything except maybe a few positional coach changes because if he was going to make a big change it would of already been announced. That's just my gut feeling. Ross needs to man up and tell everyone that he has not lost confidence in his staff and like it or not they are here for at least one more year.

I am seriously considering not only not spending any of my money on the Dolphins but also not watching them on TV either. I know them losing one viewer wont affect their ratings but its the only power I have to show how objectional they are and I may very well opt to exercise it.

2. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    For an NFL owner he sure is good in the real estate biz.
    Alot of the problems start at the top and in this case he has not made enough right moves.
    I doubt he understands the fan base other than what is he going to get out of it.
    Being the owner of the Dolphins seems to be a fun part time job he has- and does not treat it like his real job.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    absurd. he owes you nothing with respect to expediting his decision or announcing it. he's a businessman taking his time to make the best decision (whether you agree with it or not). stop whining because you want immediate satisfaction.