1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draft Tek 7 round mock 1/2/14

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Jan 2, 2014.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    MrClean likes this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    So many OL. :lol:

Not saying that it's wrong.

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Again, would prefer if you include which players they have us taking in the original post.

NaboCane likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Incidentally I'm not sure about Xavier Sua-Filo but I like the group of Taylor Lewan, Timmy Jernigan, Dee Ford and Xavier Grimble. Not bad there. Kadeem Edwards and Bryan Stork...not sure about.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Think about the OL, the talent level, injuries, Incognito and Martin gone- the unit is depleted of talent. I'm warming up to the idea of getting Anthony Collins in FA, and LT Ogbuehi is the guy imo, if he declares and if he's available at #19. I see a whole lot of NFL RTs that might make it at LT, ie Lewan and Moses, after that. Plus Cameron Erving, who I'm not crazy about. Later in the draft, the guy that CK mentioned, Billy Turner, looks interesting, very good feet and athleticism, and I also like what I saw on this site of Wesley Johnson. We should have drafted Bakthiari last year. he's getting the job done in Green Bay after Bulaga went down. As with Ogbuehi, all you needed was five seconds to see that he had great feet.

Anyway, we could get one OT like Collins in FA, maybe a Guard as well, and draft 3 or 4 OL and I'd be fine with it. The OL is nothing after Pouncey, just bereft of talent and solid options. Seriously, in this draft deep with OTs, if we drafted 4 OTs and and OG, then 2 LBs, I'd be fine with it. Maybe use one of those picks on DE James Gayle, Jordan moved to OLB and Ellerbe/Wheeler hitting the road, they're a waste of money imo.

6. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    In the recent mocks I've seen, this one included, Louis Nix keeps slipping further into the teens. He strikes me as just too good to not pick should he make it to 19. Thoughts on whether Nix is a fit for us? Depends on Soliai's situation, I suppose.

7. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I think that this #19 slot is a problem. If Ogbuehi isn't there (and he hasn't even declared yet) I think that maybe you sign Collins in FA, draft Billy Turner in the mid rounds as the LT backup to be groomed and concentrate on the plethora of RTs. Just go BPA- and quite frankly, this year, that bothers me a bit. I'm all about OL and LB in this draft maybe one DE- but if the BPA is a DT and we're probably going to lose Starks, that makes sense. I don't like it, but it makes sense. Nix, Hageman, who knows. But we need OL, badly, and we need LBs if the cap will allow Ellerbe/Wheeler to be dumped, and at their elevated slaries they should be. Aside from OL, OL, OL, my mantra this year so far is draft DE James Gayle, move Dion Jordan to OLB where he belongs. The rest- OL. As a side note, if Odell Beckham is available in rd 2...

8. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'd take Weston Richburg over Stork hands down.

ckparrothead likes this.
  9. PhinsFan93

PhinsFan93 New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Not ideal imo. No way Jernigan lasts until the 3rd. Sua-Filo is meh, he's more likely to fall to the 3rd.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    After the pile of crap that was Martin, I could easily see us pursuing a vet LT to protect the blindside. Even highly touted rookie tackles struggle routinely - hell, all of the top 3 this year for instance. You can argue that this year we have higher graded folks, but it's still a rookie. I'd think we would potentially be more likely to see a RT (like San Diego and Fluker) or a G (the Bears and Long) than looking for a day 1 LT starter.

11. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Looks like a deeper RT year than LT. I think that getting a LT in FA would be great, but we should still load up on OT and OG in the draft imo. Good year for it, huge need. The OL is decimated.

ToddPhin likes this.
  12. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Me too

ToddPhin likes this.