1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DE James Gayle

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I've seen some film of Gayle in the last couple of days while looking at OTs, and he's just demanded my attention when I've seen him on the other side of the ball, particularly against LT Morgan Moses of UVA, who I like. Good size for a 4/3 DE with room to grow, could also play OLB imo.

My focus when it comes to Gayle is getting a quality pass rushing DE and moving Dion Jordan to OLB where he belongs imo. Cam Wake isn;t getting any younger, and good year that Olivier Vernon had, he's not the most explosive athlete. I'd like to get Gayle in at DE, it would be great to get a Kyle van Noy or Christian Jones at OLB
    and send the less than dynamic overpaid duo of Wheeler and Ellerbe packing, I've seen enough of those two, cut them loose and save the cash for a LB or OL in FA.

Nice aggressiveness, fight through a double team at :50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8ZFjsp85s

Gayle's just a solid edge rusher, bottom line, good fit for us imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86bQEkRiaQQ

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    James Gayle is a guy I first got to know about May of 2012, I took a long look at his 2011 season. I immediately had him among the top pass rushers to watch for the 2013 NFL Draft. He took a little bit of a step back in 2012 and ended up staying in school (good decision). I've only barely caught up to him again in 2013 but he looks better and he looks ready for the NFL. This is a guy with tremendous athletic ability plus NFL bloodlines (Shaun Gayle). He's always been a tremendously resourceful and versatile pass rusher. He can rush from up or down positions.

The problem is what exactly happened that made him take a step back in individual games as well as a whole season. He's not an attention to detail guy, or at least he wasn't. He should rise in this class.