1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami's Beat Reporters

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Triggercut, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Just a note to remember...

Myself being a dolphins fan from birth in Hollywood Memorial to out of state fan in South Carolina. Newspaper days to fansites, blogs and Twitter. These beat reporters know NOTHING! They never scoop anything, their predictions are all wrong and suspicions are always said and never fulfilled. They never admit mistakes, just throw any and everything they hear at us fans without owning up to a thing. Everyone is almost hires, to left field hires that we're never reported on because they are truly oblivious. Think about every scoop that has happened in this immediate Information Age... It's always Darlington, Mort, Schefter (?sp) that tell us, then our illustrious beat writers opine. It's fun to read and for the banter back and forth, but we really get nothing from them but fluff.

finyank13, Larryfinfan and Fin D like this.
  2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Rant forum?

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    Not reading it ? You should know what a rant is by now.

The feud between the franchise and local media is well documented. We even won the prize for team that hates their beat writers the most, by holding out on final cuts until it was too late for them to publish on time. Trig is dead on, and this is relevant because so many seem to feed off of everything Mando and Omar spew like its fact, then take it an run with it. The team gives them nothing, so in turn they proceed with their smear campaign.

If you rely on the south Florida media for your dolphins info, news..... You don't know jack.

4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Why? Judging by Armando's most ridiculous pos that the masses are flocking too, I'd say he's not wrong.

5. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Seemed kinda ranty.
    Carry on.

6. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Andrew Abramson, Omar Kelly and Chris Perkins are useless.

7. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    If it were actually a rant, you'd probably have fist bumped him though.:knucks:

8. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    After looking at the main page for the past few days, and this gets moved as a rant? Nearly every thread and posting is a rant... I guess it's only OK if it is directed at the team, not the reporters covering for the team. the conspiracy theorist in me would take note of that.

slickj101 likes this.
  9. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house

well if that's the case how else are we to keep up with the team ? Espn has their collective lips on the Bills , Jets and Patriots,

Fox sports mostly focuses on the nfc

so how is the best way to get some information about what is going on ?

10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    lol No, it's ok if you post every piece of garbage that these, "reporters" throw out, but to remind people how awful they are at their jobs and how ridiculously bad their track records are is absolutely not ok.