1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Initial impressions:

Immediately I like this guy's feet, his pass pro looks text book to me. Total LT if he wasn't playing on the same team as Jake Matthews. The question is, is he coming out this year? If he is, he goes straight up to #3 as a pass blocking OT, ahead of Cameron Erving, and maybe #3 OT overall behind Matthews & Robinson. Of the 2nd tier OTs, only Erving and Billy Turner are even close to this guy as to feet and overall athleticism. Need to see more run blocking film, but this looks like a text book, classic LT to me, and I don't remember when I've seen better OTs on the same team than Texas A&M has with him and Jake Matthews, and last year they had Joeckel. Very impressive player, I like Ogbuehi quite a bit. I'll say it- if Ogbuehi comes out this year, I'm looking at him long and hard with that #19 pick. I like Moses, but he's a different animal, a jumbo OT that you try to project as a NFL LT. I like Erving and Richardson, but I'm not wowed by either. Matthews and Robinson drop my jaw to the ground. Ogbuehi strikes me as a guy who is worth that #19 pick in the first round, especially for a OT/LT starved team like Miami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZ3MJe9tKo

I would go the "heir and the spare" route for Miami as per OT in this draft. Ogbuehi and Billy Turner for LT. Maybe Santreal Henderson and Morgan Moses or Juwan James at RT. We need starters, we need depth, let's face it. Pick up a Guard in later rounds or FA.

1. OT Cedric Ogbuehi
    2. LB Christian Jones
    3. TE CJ Fiedorowicz
    4. OT Ja'Wuan James
    5. OT Santreal Henderson
    6. OT Billy Turner
    7. OG Jon Halapio