1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever seen...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LI phinfan, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    A football team play such uninspired football in two straight big games. While many on here are looking to the future..New GM or coaches. I want to look back at the last two games. Been watching this team forever and have never seen a disappearing act like this group did, including coaches. How , over a two game span, not a single significant play was made by any offensive or defensive player. NOT ONE! Two games, with your playoff lives on the line, no plays...defense and offense combined. Two games and what significant change or call did this coaching staff make? A whole franchise disappeared. Those last two games were carbon copies of each other, nothing happening. No emotion, no fire......no plays. Name me 1 player on this team that stepped up and elevated his game or this team in the last two? I am totally serious...NONE. Name me any player that played poorly or disappeared....Most of the roster. My question is this. How is that possible? Not one difficult catch was made, not one big block, not one great run or pass...not one. With all that was on the line, what is the answer? I need to know, I have no answers. Does the blame go on Ireland? Philbin? or the players? Do I blame Ireland because Jerry is on our roster? Do I blame Phibin for starting him? Do I blame Jerry for not being very good? Do I blame Sherman for running a crucial 4th down play behind Jerry just to see him whiff and fall on his face?(actually happened) Not a single play in two big games..think about that..On both sides of the ball...not a single individual, coaches included, was up to the task:no:

GMJohnson likes this.
  2. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    It was just two games man....let it go. Ireland and company will right the ship....they just need a few more years to grow.

TooGoodForDez likes this.
  3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I just threw up in my mouth..even when I knew you were being sarcastic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

PSG likes this.
  4. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I believe that the players, stuck in para-military organizations in which they can't voice their displeasure without repercussions, vote with their play. And that's what happened yesterday and last Sunday.

5. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Shhh, criticizing the guys who are actually on the field is not permitted here.

6. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Coaching.

The end.

I don't understand why people aren't just as gung-ho on getting that Cam Cameron clone out of here as Jeff Ireland.

7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I thought and typed in the game thread at half time, that this is it for Philbin. Were a talented and healthy team. That bloated sack Ryan was smiling and fist pumping and acting like the game was over. It was Regis' chance to prove his motivational leadership skills now. It was a ****ing layup of a pep talk challenge. And he utterly failed.

I lost a lot of faith and respect for Philbin as a coach over these past 2 weeks and especially Sunday.

PhinFan1968 and NaboCane like this.
  8. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    You mean the guys signed and drafted by the man you have unshakable faith in?

Those same players?

You can't blame the players and support the GM who acquired the players. Blaming the players AND the GM come hand in hand, unless you feel the GM who built the roster you seem to dislike should be given a chance to blow up the roster and rebuild it again.

Einstein defined that for us...

PSG likes this.
  9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hartline, Gibson, Binns, Keller?

We played most of the game with 3 receivers, one of whom was Marlon "ST only" Moore.

10. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    We had good enough WRs to get it done. Every team has injuries in week 17. As a whole team, we were remarkably healthy.

NaboCane likes this.
  11. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I think there is plenty enough blame to go around..from top to bottom. Players, coaches, scouts etc...you name it. Just waiting for the day when someone or some group steps in and steps up and put an end to the mediocrity we have endured for so long. Someone who has a vision of where we need to go..and has the temerity and conviction to get us there..with no excuses..no taking its eye off the prize. We all have waited way too long...

12. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I agree, plenty of blame to go around. Stubborn coaches and under performing players to front office blunders. I am ready to buy into another regimes kool aid. Those last two games showed so little on the field but said so much to my eyes. Big changes are needed. 2 lifeless games with everything to play for? Ireland has had his chance. Bye. Sherman will retire or resign.Bye. Philbin gets 1 more year? Would live with it, but think that is a mistake.

13. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Seriously...I haven't...EVER.

I've loved and supported this team with more vigor than the ownership and management deserve...and I will continue to do so. They gave us a big middle finger these past two weeks...what makes it worse is I was bought in, ignoring the little voice in the back of my head that told me they weren't really deserving of and even better than the 8-6 record they held two weeks ago. Why they keep making the little voice right is beyond me...is there a Doctor in the house?

I don't know if it's Philbin working against Ireland, Sherman working against a brain, or what...but it HAS to change in short order.

LI phinfan likes this.