1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We as fans need to boycott this organization

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by Trowa, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    We all need to commit to not buying any Miami Dolphins merchandise (which shouldn't too hard considering how ugly our logo and uniforms are now), not buying tickets for the games, not watching the games on tv, nothing.

We need to commit to not letting this business continue to make money off the backs of a fan base they continue to neglect.

We must hold Ross responsible in the only way he understands, by hitting him in his pocket book.

Aquafin and TooGoodForDez like this.
  2. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    the fans have been boycotting, just look at the stadium on home games. problem is ownership and the powers that be are too incompetent to do any meaningful change to fix it.

cdz12250 and Trowa like this.
  3. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Nah.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  4. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    The only way to get Ross out of here is to continue to make this team unprofitable. The sooner he is gone, the sooner this organization can move on.

I'm tired of seeing him f*** up my beloved Dolphins!

5. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
    Only until Ireland is fired.

6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Not watching it on TV won't accomplish anything. The attendance at the stadium already sucks and I certainly won't be making a 6 hour round trip drive to see them until they start winning. Gonna be hard to sell their gear much till they start winning too.

7. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This is ridiculously melodramatic, ineffective, and silly.

(Can you start with posting here?)

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Revenue sharing is too robust in the NFL. If you want to hit Ross' pockets, you will have to stop watching NFL all together. Good luck with that.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Two words: Revenue sharing.

10. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Trowa, now that you no longer support Jeff Ireland, can we be friends again? :lol:

11. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think you can even effect the ratings of a television show unless you are selected and allow them to send you a diary or electronically monitor your viewing habits.

12. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

I have been going to games since 1966. For over 40 seasons I have been a season ticket holder and have traveled to nearly 30 away games, including the game the Dolphins played in England in 2007.

Today was the last game I will every attend in Miami. This is not because I will be boycotting the Dolphins. It is because my wife and I will soon be moving to Hawaii and I really don't see that we will be flying back to South Florida to attend a game here. We will probably just try to attend a Dolphin game when they play on the west coast.

As upsetting as losing was today was for me. I will have to admit that walking out of the stadium and knowing that I would probably never attend another game there, was a little heart breaking. I will miss it, and the many friends I have made at the stadium over all these years. Even if the past decade has caused me more frustration than joy.

I understand your desire to boycott. Hopefully though, Ross will do what needs to be done and he will hire a new GM and maybe even a new HC and this will bring renewed hope to all Dolphin fans. Keeping the status quo isn't going to make many Dolphin fans very happy and Ross now needs to step up and show that he really wants to bring a winning football team to South Florida.

I'm sure that my leaving will hit him slightly in the pocketbook. Because I will no longer be buying the four season tickets in section 143 which I have for the many years I have been a season ticket holder. The loss of the $6,000 plus I spend on season tickets, parking, and food and drink items each season obviously isn't going to hurt him since he is a billionaire, but if season ticket sales continue to decline because fans are fed up with the overall organization, he will eventually feel it in his pocketbook.

So I won't be giving him anymore of my money, but since I plan to purchase the NFL ticket once the season begins next year. I can't promise that I won't be up early in the morning watching the Dolphins play on TV. When you have been a fan of this team since 1966, totally giving up on them and not watching their games on TV, isn't going to happen.
    The best thing about relocating to Hawaii is that the 1:00PM games will be on at 7:00 am or 8:00 am, depending on whether daylight savings time is in effect or not. At least with the games that early, if the team continues to be mediocre next year and they drive me crazy. I will always be able to get to the golf course by noon and take out my frustration with the Dolphins by knocking the crap out of the golf ball for 18 holes. Right now, I'm lucky to get in 9 holes after a 1:00pm game. Nine holes just isn't enough time to get my frustration out with the way the Dolphins have played these past two weeks.

Pro-X and cdz12250 like this.
  13. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    This is a dumb thread...Nobody is going to boycott the team. Its simple....Winning cures everything.

14. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    So is he wrong why bash him :pity:

Boik14 likes this.
  15. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    No...just no. Support your team 100% or nothing. Anything else is the slippery slope hat leads to being a fair-weather wagoneer.

Rocky Raccoon and Boik14 like this.
  16. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    waste of thread

17. Dolfan330

Dolfan330 My wein is so chaffed...

Jan 25, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Problems with this team started long before Ross got here.

18. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Bandwagon Haters: projected self hatred for being a loser. At least they're happy... Wish I could be like them.

19. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

I agree the problems started before Ross. The problem is that nothing has really gotten better in the five seasons since he became the majority owner of the Dolphins. Five years is plenty of time to correct the problems if he actually knew what he was doing as an NFL owner. Right now it appears he doesn't have a clue on how to turn this organization around.

We shall see if he is man enough to make the changes needed to get this organization headed in the right direction. This coming week should be very interesting in regards to the future management of the Dolphins front office.

20. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    The question is: What do you want Mr. Ross to do?
    He's tried everything, you know.
    They told him the f***ing Tuna was God on Earth. He went along.
    He tried to get Harbaugh to come here. Harbaugh didn't want to come.
    He tried to gey Peyton to come here. Peyton didn't want to come.
    He fired the fist pumper.
    He tried to get Cowher to come here. Cowher didn't want to come.
    He tried to get Chuckie to come here. Chuckie didn't want to come.
    He tried to get Fisher to come here. Fisher didn't want to come.
    He paid huge amounts of money to Wallace, Wheeler, Ellerbe.
    He paid Gibson. He paid Keller. He paid Clabo.
    He moved up in the draft to the third spot.
    He tried to get stadium renovations. Tallahassee shot him down.
    What does it take to satisfy you guys? Mr. Ross is a great owner. He plays the position well.
    If he doesn't give up, he's going to get us a winning team eventually.
    After he fires Ireland, will you guys be satisfied?

21. ABrownLamp

ABrownLamp New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Not in Clearwater!
    Buncha fair weather fans, holy Christ.
    Ya, stop watching and supporting your team until they're good, wow.
    Maybe if we boycott long enough, the organization will become not profitable, that'll fix em

djphinfan and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  22. Rouk

Rouk Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hollywood, Florida
    meh u cant ever really boycott a team most people that go to games just want to take their child to experience it or they go with friends and drink and yell and dont care about the score.

23. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Ill wear my dolphin gear with pride. I'm their Rihanna to their Chris Brown

24. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    great post I couldn't agree with you anymore .

by the by I hate the new logo but I m getting burned out on the all white unis as well.

how was attendance at todays game ? I could get the game back here.