1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another year of my playoffs being cheering for who plays New England....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dukane5, Dec 29, 2013.

1. dukane5

dukane5 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I do not post often (if ever!), but do enjoy following all of you great fans and reading your posts throughout the year.

I have been a diehard Dolphin fan in New England since the David Woodley years, have had DirecTV for nearly 10 years just so I can have the NFL Ticket and see my beloved Dolphins on Sundays. I also go down to Miami for a game every year (thankfully this year it was the Bengals game) and this year as the Jets game ends I am disgusted...usually sad, frustrated after previous seasons...but this year disgusted. At the end of last season soooo much promise and so much to look forward to. Five high draft picks and loads of money to spend because we were so far below the salary cap. We could shore up our oline and get a top WR...then some LB/DB depth. Could we screw this up??? Definitely not....finally a crack at the Patriots and playing AFTER week 17! Not thinking about draft position before Christmas anymore!! The years of sadness and frustration were going to lead to playoffs and a great team.
    We do spend MILLIONS (where we are going to have salary cap issues in 2014) but I am ok...all in for a great year in 2013!
    Then April and the draft.....not trying to be too excited I will be happy if three of the top five ("high draft picks") play a key part in our playoff run...
    Those high 5 picks yield:

DION JORDAN (he counts for two as we traded to move up!)

JAMAR TAYLOR

DALLAS THOMAS....this is how we address our oline woes!!...oh and we let Long go and our big FA signing....Tyson Clabo!

WILL DAVIS

I do not want to even try to figure out player moves for 2014....so disgusted. Seeing so many empty seats each week (and in person October 31....the lack of fans in the seats....sad, but understandable)

Would Nolan Carroll make any playoff roster?....but yet two of our "high picks" cannot sniff the field and start over him.
    Kansas City would have traded us Brandon Albert for ONE of our second round picks....hmmmm wonder if Mr. Ireland would like to re-think not pulling the trigger on that deal?
    and WR...after Gibson goes down do we sign a veteran or make a trade?....no we go with four WR and when Hartline goes down today we only have Wallace, Matthews and Moore?!?!...WHAT????

I do think Tannehill has great talent and with another OC can flourish. There are positives (especially beating New England) and this season was more fun than the past several....but, with so much promise ahead after week 17 OF 2012....a year later....DISGUSTED.

I will go back to enjoying all of your posts. Your passion for our fins is great!!! Thanks for your time and Happy New Year!

2. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i want someone with experience to help coach and mentor tannehill. i want an OC who knows what they are doing and wasnt in exile in the NCAA.

dukane5 likes this.
  3. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I just assumed that "cheering for who plays New England" was the purpose of the playoffs. Hopefully the future is better than what we have had for the past several years.