1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyde10: Ten thoughts on Jets 20, Dolphins 7

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Dec 29, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    So the Dolphins not only closed the season with disastrous losses against the Bills and Jets, two limited teams not sniffing the post-season. They scored seven total points in those losses. They end up with the same 8-8 record as the Jets, who played a rookie quarterback with the league's worst receiving corps.

This was a final two weeks that will stew through the off-season. Changes? The ony question is what changes are coming.

Stop me if you've heard this before. Mike Wallace runs open deep. Ryan Tannehill can't get the throw to him. The only difference in the storyline Sunday was Tannehill overthrew Wallace, rather than underthrew him, in the second quarter when Wallace was a step behind the defense. No one should have much issue with Wallace this season, as he has delivered the deep threat and changed how defenses have to play the Dolphins.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...on-dolphinsjets-game-20131229,0,2346036.story

2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
  3. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    hahaha number 10.

4. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Honestly, that was the most lame list of ten thoughts on the Dolphins I've seen in a long, long time.

Hyde not doing his best work there by any means. Any number of pundits on this site could come up with 10 more significant thoughts about the game and end of the season.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  5. Mr.NoName

Mr.NoName New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I think most people on here thought this team was a lot better than it really was. When in reality the fins are not much better if at all then the jets or bills. Go to any jets forum and you'll hear how they were a few plays away from being in the playoffs. The fins are a product of an awful AFC this year. Nothing more. This was the year to do it since the Pats got hit with major injuries to key players. They don't have the most injuries, but the ones they suffered were huge. Chances of that happening again are slim, closer to none. This was the year imo. I don't see any team in afce competing for the div next year. Fins still look about 2-3 years away from being an actual playoff team with any real hopes of making it out of round 1.