1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Your Wife Stress Out Over The Holidays?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bpk, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Mine is right now. And it's my job to stay calm and cool. Breathing deeply.

What is it about knowing company is coming that creates so much stress?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

**** if I know.

Social expectations?

3. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    probably because she thinks someone is going to finally find her in the basement and let her out.

dead give away.

RGF, finyank13, MikeHoncho and 5 others like this.
  4. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

McLovin and anlgp like this.
  5. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh just get it over with. Tell her to quit acting like her mother and remind her how much you hate the old *****.

I highly recommend it!

maynard and cuchulainn like this.
  6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Lol. I do that and I may as well be standing in a body bag. And actually, I like her Mom. She's waaaay nicer than my Mom (to me at least).

7. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Estrogen... lol... women dress up and decorate for other women and know they are going critique everything and they can't stress without making you stress along with them... Ply her with wine and chocolate. If that doesn't work, do what I do and take her on a Christmas vacation every year. I got tired of the yearly crap with the wife arguing with her sisters about times and who's home and who was bringing what and having to deal with my obnoxious brother-in-laws... With the Christmas vacation, there is no stress, no relatives, and you get to actually enjoy the holidays and have some fun. We spent today at Arches National Park in Moab, UT. Wife and kids loved it as much as I did... stunning scenery. Looks like something out of LOR or John Carter... tomorrow we're going snow tubing.

Happy Holidays!! :yes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bpk, bigbry, finyank13 and 1 other person like this.
  8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I'd just tell her to watch Cinderella in reverse so she knows her place :salute:

McLovin and finyank13 like this.
  9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    This is absolutely brilliant sir.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It's fine. They never have a clue.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Yeah. I think it's the holidays. I mean, the talking has increased and the tone of voice has changed. As far as what is being said, I couldn't tell you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RGF likes this.
  12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    My in-laws are about as stress free as you can possibly be. I dont have the problems others do with in-laws it is foreign to me, they are the coolest most nonchalant people in history, actually to a fault.

My wife gets stressed with baking, because she makes ALL the desserts for Xmas eve and Xmas for both sides.....after that she is cool (and after I toss her some D).....She has one rule "dont go in the kitchen, and leave her be" so what did I do?

I bought a 2nd refrigerator (for beer) and it is downstairs, and then I go in the living room and play videos games for 3 days straight.....hence "I dont go in the kitchen"

Boys this **** is easy, just listen to your chick, and dont try to help, anything you do isnt good enough so just be out...

cuchulainn likes this.
  13. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Stress Out ??? Understatement of the year my friend. One minute shes about to explode and two minutes later shes in the kitchen preparing food singing along to the Christmas songs on the radio. Emotional roller coaster. I choose to keep my distance.

Bpk and finyank13 like this.
  14. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

:up: :hi5: :knucks:

finyank13 likes this.
  15. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

splain