1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Glass

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sethdaddy8, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Andrew Abramson has been using these on the job for the PBP and it has been pretty cool. I acquired a pair, but with an iPhone and iOS, I have to admit, I think it is a bit limited other than interesting picture and video taking. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any info, insight, or experience with these? Or if anyone knows what's around the corner with Glass and iOS. They are cool, but I feel hamstrung not having a Droid.

Bpk likes this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Does 'acquired' mean it was temporary, or do you still have them? I'd love to see a pic or video of what they can do.

What *can* they do anyways?

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    It is essentially a computer you wear on your face.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I have heard of some places banning them, which is understandable to me at least

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Hm. Hard to imagine that one.

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I'll be putting some pics on twitter, same name as here. @sethdaddy8

Right now, it's basically just a super convenient camera/video camera and blue tooth device. Because I don't have a droid, a lot of the computer or tablet type apps are not available. I can add pics/video to twitter, but I can't navigate or "use" twitter, otherwise.

For now, Xmas morning will be an ideal use for this. I can put them on, run it and still be a part of the gift giving process. But that's why I'm reaching out, I am hoping to utilize these to their potential. They are mine. I am a "google glass explorer."

Bpk likes this.