1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings from Carolina

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jakob, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    As you probably guessed from the title, I'm a Panther fan. I didn't come here to talk serious smack or anything, I just want to talk about the upcoming match up we have with each other Sunday.

Don't get me confused with those fans that probably come here giving the Phins 0% chance to win.

NJFINSFAN1 and Boik14 like this.
  2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Welcome bro. Nice win last night. Anytime the pats lose is a good thing.

3. Kuechly59

Kuechly59 New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Thats somthimg we defiantly agree on screw the pats.

Boik14 likes this.
  4. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    What's your thoughts on Rivera so far?

5. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Welcome! Your team certainly looks like they're going places. I think they are another good WR away from being an elite team for some time.

As for the upcoming game, it's a terrible matchup for the Dolphins. That front 7 for the Panthers is scary and our line is trash. Also, the Dolphins play a good deal of man coverage, and you hate to take your eyes off of Cam Newton. I'm hoping they do a lot of spying him this week. That being said, I think the fact that you guys are riding this winning streak and won an emotional prime time game and will be getting major pub this week gives the Dolphins a little bit of a chance. I think so much of the NFL comes down to the situation the team is in that current week, and I'm hoping the Panthers players are buying into their hype a little bit and will underestimate the Dolphins. I just picked the Panthers to win in my weekly pool though, so that should tell you what I think about our chances.

6. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    It's going to be a good game for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the game comes down to a touchdown or field goal.

Rivera was always an average coach. Week 5 this season he got so upset that we lost, he ran a red light and almost got hit by a mack truck. He said that the near death experience made him want to change his coaching style. We are 6-0 since then.

7. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Interesting. What exactly has changed?

8. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Good, because I give us at least a 10% chance to win.
    I am glad to finally hear Patriots fans cry about losing a game because of the refs, whether it was valid or not.

9. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Rivera was once a very conservative coach who was scared to take any chances. Since his near death experience we have given him the nickname "Riverboat Rivera" because he is such a gambler. We go for it on 4th down 75% of the time if we are past the 50, unless it's 4th and very long. Our OC is letting Cam play to his advantages instead of trying to make him into a pocket passer. Since around week 5 we are brutalizing teams with weak offensive lines. Which gives me high hopes the Panthers will win Sunday. But, the Dolphins will be a hard team to beat.

if you've ever seen Ron Rivera coach before this year you'll see everything about his coaching style has changed.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  10. Jakob

Jakob New Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I'd say the Dolphins have a better chance than that.. If the Dolphins win they have to protect the QB. If not.. it's going to be a long day. The Panthers might only be tied for 6th in sacks but when we get to the QB it doesn't stop. I believe we sacked Eli Manning 5-6 times in the first quarter, or something like that.

11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Theyre calling him Riverboat Ron now as opposed to just another overly conservative coach. From where I sit it looks like hes simply trusting his players and his coordinators to do their jobs. Mike Shula has done a really good job with Cam as well. Last year after Cam went back under center and stopped operating exclusively out of the gun the offense took off (and so did one of my fantasy teams with Cam). Now Shula is realy coaching to Cam's strengths and putting him in position to be successful. Cam has also improved his accuracy and ball placement as well and while I wouldnt call it elite, its still become good which is more then I thought it would be when he came out of Auburn.

Nappy Roots likes this.
  12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Hey! "The Phinisher" or "Henne Given Sunday" over at Carolina Huddle here. Welcome to the site. If you're in Charlotte can you warm it up a bit!? Freezing this morning. Good luck, and I hope you guys lose by 20 Sunday :lol: