Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge game this Sunday...Pre game discussion.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,349 Fist Bumps in 3,501 Posts

Default Huge game this Sunday...Pre game discussion.

This is a huge game against Carolina. Right now they are possibly the hottest team in the NFL. Man Id love to have Luke Joekel on our team. Love watching him play LB. Reminds me of Zach alot...

So..how do you all think we will approach this game? Even though we havent...lately..I still think we can shut down their run game. The rest...boy I dont know.

I think its critical for us to somehow run the ball against them. But I have a feeling they will stack 8 in the box..and come at us on almost every play. Their D scares me. Lauren probably wont get much sleep this week.

Gonna wait a few days on predictions...see what the injury report looks like.

By the way..Cam sure is a smug cocky SOB. Hes due to get a smack down..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

2. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to vt_dolfan for a solid post:

Taking a poop MAFIA Champion Slug Racing Champion BlameItOnTheHenne's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,147 Fist Bumps in 2,835 Posts

Default Re: Huge game this Sunday...Pre game discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_dolfan View Post
    Man Id love to have Luke Joekel on our team. Love watching him play LB.

Best tackle/linebacker combo in the league IMO.

Professional Hipshooter Rick 1966's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,852 Fist Bumps in 1,020 Posts

I don't have any idea how we win this game unless the Panthers' coordinators get incredibly stupid and throw the ball 50 times and Cam Newton turns it over 3-4 times. We sure aren't going to score many offensive TDs against them.

Rookie
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    9 Fist Bumps in 5 Posts

Our coaches need to really develop a strong game plan to have any chance vs the Panthers, as you said they are hot at the moment. if we win, its def. a big upset.

I think our passing game can have success, but it all depends on if RT will have any time to throw the ball.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,292 Fist Bumps in 722 Posts

Roll outs / screens/ quick slants/ throw in a few reverses....and Pray.

7. These 4 users offered FIST BUMPS to RGF for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966 View Post
    I don't have any idea how we win this game unless the Panthers' coordinators get incredibly stupid and throw the ball 50 times and Cam Newton turns it over 3-4 times. We sure aren't going to score many offensive TDs against them.
    Come on Rick..dont bring it weak sauce. We can beat them. Remember how everyone cried Cincis defense was gonna kill us?

Id really like to hear your opinions on how we could...

TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

9. This Member gave vt_dolfan a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,802 Fist Bumps in 2,056 Posts

While it's always good to beat a strong team.......in the scheme of things it's also the least important of the remaining games. After Carolina it's all division games and a conference game which means more in tiebreakers.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,292 Fist Bumps in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanDolPhan View Post
    While it's always good to beat a strong team.......in the scheme of things it's also the least important of the remaining games. After Carolina it's all division games and a conference game which means more in tiebreakers.
    None of our games are ever a given, so this game is important.

12. This Member gave RGF a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    36,522 Fist Bumps in 20,637 Posts
    Blog Entries

Basically what we have been doing on offense only keep the hat on hat blocking scheme

Our DL has to win the los and ST has to make something happen, they have been quite this year and they have guys who can make plays they just have not been making them for us.

Basically shut down their running game, make Newton beat us throwing the ball

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,988 Fist Bumps in 1,043 Posts

I smell an opportunity for us here.

Carolina is coming off back-to-back wins in SF and last night against the Patriots. There has to be some sort of emotional letdown, I believe, especially also going the road on a short week.

IMO there's a good chance they may come out pretty flat, but we have to be sharp and ready to take advantage.

15. This Member gave PhinGeneral a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

I think the key is our OL. I just have a feeling that..losing both Incognito and Martin just may have been addition by subtraction.

Heres why. For the line to play as well as they did last week..they had to be able to communicate. Which means they really had to put the time in..and work together as a unit. They did that...new parts and all. I think the gained alot of confidence from that game.

Its not suprising our line played so bad early on...I think more then any other place on the team..the line has to be a cohesive unit.

We are 2-1 since losing both Martin and Cogs. If the line continues to get better as it has...it will be a very interesting final of the season.

If we could manage to sweep the Jets and beat Buffalo..we would need only one win against either Carolina, Pitt, or NE to most likely get a WC.

Which most likely puts us against the Colts or Cinci..both teams we have beaten.

TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

17. These 3 users offered FIST BUMPS to vt_dolfan for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    3,802 Fist Bumps in 2,056 Posts

I think the key is our OL. I just have a feeling that..losing both Incognito and Martin just may have been addition by subtraction.

Heres why. For the line to play as well as they did last week..they had to be able to communicate. Which means they really had to put the time in..and work together as a unit. They did that...new parts and all. I think the gained alot of confidence from that game.

Its not suprising our line played so bad early on...I think more then any other place on the team..the line has to be a cohesive unit.

We are 2-1 since losing both Martin and Cogs. If the line continues to get better as it has...it will be a very interesting final of the season.

If we could manage to sweep the Jets and beat Buffalo..we would need only one win against either Carolina, Pitt, or NE to most likely get a WC.

Which most likely puts us against the Colts or Cinci..both teams we have beaten.

With a 9-7 record the best scenario would be winning out our 4 division games as they help the most in tie-breakers. Next best scenario...especially if a certain team keeps winning is to swap Buffalo for Pittsburgh. Carolina would be the least important game to win in a 9-7 scenario.

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    7,407 Fist Bumps in 4,211 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VanDolPhan View Post
    TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
    Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    5. Strength of victory.
    6. Strength of schedule.
    7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    9. Best net points in common games.
    10. Best net points in all games.
    11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
    12. Coin toss

This game is definitely just as important IMO

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
    Last edited by anlgp; 11-19-2013 at 07:32 AM. Reason: link
    "A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Omar has a article this week showing how Miami actually sits in a very good spot. If 9-7 gets you in...every team besides Miami and Jets has to win out. Our biggest threat would be Ravens if they did.

TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

21. This Member gave vt_dolfan a FIST BUMP for this post:

Professional Hipshooter Rick 1966's Avatar
    Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,852 Fist Bumps in 1,020 Posts

Come on Rick..dont bring it weak sauce. We can beat them. Remember how everyone cried Cincis defense was gonna kill us?

Id really like to hear your opinions on how we could...

Well, the only way we can beat them IMHO is to shut down their running game, and that includes Cam running the ball. That's going to require some disciplined play from the LBs (which is why I don't hold out much hope: our LBs suck). IF we can force them to throw the ball, Cam is prone to INTs and that could be our opportunity. On the other side of the ball...well, Tannehill is going to get killed unless they roll him out. I'd let him take off and run it rather than take a sack. If I were the O-coord, I'd say "Count to three and if you haven't thrown the ball already, run."
    I'd also have some planned QB runs and some option plays.

23. These 2 users offered FIST BUMPS to Rick 1966 for a solid post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    1,625 Fist Bumps in 997 Posts

Personally, I think we get rolled. This could be New Orleans ugly but at home.
    http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3899/football0yz.jpg

Drink it in Miami.
    Hispanic Heritage Month...

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966 View Post
    Well, the only way we can beat them IMHO is to shut down their running game, and that includes Cam running the ball. That's going to require some disciplined play from the LBs (which is why I don't hold out much hope: our LBs suck). IF we can force them to throw the ball, Cam is prone to INTs and that could be our opportunity. On the other side of the ball...well, Tannehill is going to get killed unless they roll him out. I'd let him take off and run it rather than take a sack. If I were the O-coord, I'd say "Count to three and if you haven't thrown the ball already, run."
    I'd also have some planned QB runs and some option plays.

Muchos gracias man....liked reading that!
    TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

Quote Originally Posted by rdhstlr23 View Post
    Personally, I think we get rolled. This could be New Orleans ugly but at home.
    Ok...but why? Im not saying your wrong...but what about this game has you thinking this could be the case?

Our lineplay has improved. I believe our defense CAN stop the run, if they tackle. The key is containing Cam Newton. Now..he has improved, but he is still not a great pocket QB. This is how we beat them...I think, we need to stop the run, and force him into being a pocket QB.

This was earlier in the season granted....but....when you look at how Arizona and Buffalo beat the Panthers, it was to blitz Cam. Both teams got to him 6 times.

"On Sunday, the Panthers fell to 1-3 after a 22-6 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. It was the second time this season that Carolina has allowed 6+ sacks in a game (the other instance being at Buffalo). Additionally, the offensive line allowed 21 pressures on Cam Newton.

Not surprisingly, Cam had his worst game this season and one of his worst ever, throwing three interceptions and losing a fumble. The biggest issues arose when Arizona blitzed. All three interceptions and all seven sacks came on blitzes. When the Cardinals didn’t blitz, Newton had a passer rating of 79.9, which is relatively average. Conversely, when they did bring extra rushers, his passer rating was cut nearly in half to 40.3."

http://cover32.com/panthers/2013/10/...ins-the-blitz/

The Niners sacked him three times....and held him to 169 yards passing, and one Int.

I dont think you can just rush four and hope that takes care of things. I think Miami has to blitz..and has to be creative with it.
    TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:
    530 Fist Bumps in 320 Posts

Carolina's defense really underwhelmed me last night. They're good, but not that good. Pats moved the ball at will and would've put up almost 30 if not for Ridley dropping the ball at the 10 and some dumba$$ penalties in scoring range on other drives. They also benefit from a rushing offense that dominates possession.

I know Carolina is statistically a good D, but look at their opponents: SEA, BUF, NYG, ARZ, MIN, STL, TB, ATL, SF. Going against these weak offenses padded their stats, imo. They can be had.

28. This Member gave Limbo a FIST BUMP for this post:

Fist Bumps
    My Posts Inspired:

I do think our offense has the potential to be difficult to defend....IF the line play improves.

If our line can play the way they have the last three games...and Sherman mixes things up, I really think we can put some points on the board.
    TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!