1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you expect Ross to do a total clean house with Miami's staff?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JShady, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JShady

JShady Miami Heat lover

Sep 8, 2013
    Head coach all the way down to the Quarterback coach.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think it goes with the GM and all the coaches. I know he likes Philbin, but this last game has shown me he doesn't have it.

Larry Little and JShady like this.
  3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yes. Probably not until the end of the season though unless the NFL investigation reveals some ****ed up ****.

JShady likes this.
  4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    His history has been of giving his employees second chances so I suspect he will keep Philbin who he selected personally .

I think that is mistake because you are limiting your possibilities at GM if there are preconditions established.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I would sure hope that's not the case. He needs to bring in a football guy and let him make the football decisions including head coach. To do anything else would be a mistake of epic proportions and this team would continue to fail. I'm not saying that keeping Joe Philbin is necessarily a disastrous choice, only if it's Ross who makes that decision rather than the next GM.

PapaC likes this.
  6. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I agree. I think Philbin will stay unless there is some very damaging info, pertaining to Philbin directly, that comes out in the investigation.

I have been posting for the last few years that I believe Ireland wound not be fired after each year. Ross stands behind the guys he picks, until he can't anymore. I no longer believe Ireland is safe. I think he's gone. If this same investigation points to Irish, he will be let go right then.

7. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    That's what he should do. But I don't expect him to because he is just awful at running a team.

8. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    He put that council together and I think your going to see that council decide the direction and fate of this coaching staff. I think Ross is doing all the right things this time around and like anything else, being an owner takes a little practice.

I commend Stephen Ross !! I believe in this owner and of his desire to win and I think he has taken a step forward in finding his way to that.

edited to add: If I had a vote, I'd fire them all. Complete house cleaning. Let the players of this league know yesterdays rumors are gone and make Miami an attractive place to come to again.

PapaC likes this.
  9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    He should clean the deck entirely. I doubt he does as he's forming a committee to instill things within the organization that Joe Philbin already should have done.

When was Tony Sparano let go in 2011, once he got to 8 losses? I can't remember. Philbin, Sherman, and Coyle should be swept away at that point.

10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I think he fires the GM, GM makes the decision on the coach, and if the decision is a new coach, the new coach makes the decision on the assistants.

maynard likes this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Interesting.

12. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Completely replacing football operations is not feasible. Will be interesting to see how many of the 100 employed will change. My guess is around 7%.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I favor this on paper. But I think most of Phibin's assistants need to be fired. Where is Phiblin going to find new whole new staff?

14. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Not as interesting.....as your one word answer...interesting. Why do I sense theres more behind that...