1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How messed up is this team?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sumlit, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    I know we've got some gold nuggets mired in this deep pile of steaming manure, but...

2 rushing yards? Really?

Our online is in shambles. Thinking on the offseason, you've got to find 4 new starting linemen. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR!

Our coaching is a mess.

High priced linebackers? Playing like garbage.

High priced WR? Does not give a damn. Not one bit.

Daniel Thomas is still on this team?

Dion Jordan still being limited?

I mean I could go on and on. Not even getting into the legal matter. This is just sad. I'm more sad than angry.

Aquafin likes this.
  2. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The biggest collective group of losers I've ever seen.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    When this Incognito story is like 5th down the line of problems, you know our team sucks major ***.

4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I'm calling them the Miami FRAUDphins for the rest of the season.

They claimed they were so united, Hartline said the media was "bullying them now"...you DESERVED it. They managed to become the biggest joke on and off the field while in the playoff hunt, which they just kissed goodbye.

Jeff Ireland has wasted countless draft picks, his high priced free agent signings were a total bust as well (making us the new Eagles). They let their only team leaders go. Marshall & Bush are playing like stars over in the NFC North.

5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah uh... 2007 says hi.

Wallace is the softest receiver we've had since ever. No wonder Steelers' fans are tired of his ****. Desean Jackson recorded 2 TD's and 65 yards against Revis earlier this season and his skill set is pretty much the same damn thing, except one difference - Desean has an attitude that the ball belongs to him, he fights for it.

Wallace just got done reviving Revis' career cause Revis has had a bad year by his standards.

6. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I agree but why on earth did we spend 240 million on a offense that cant run the ball or pass the ball for that matter. 2 f ing yards rushing Gruden said we haven't got any rushing touch downs this season is this for real ? if so then Sherman should be flogged tarred and feathered.

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    2 yards rushing, after our offensive line lost 2 of 5 starters and was the subject of the biggest scandal in the NFL this year, is not a surprise. Disappointing? Yes. Surprise? No.

KeyFin likes this.
  8. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Its awful.

The OL is terrible.
    The D, or the DC is not good.
    The OC is dreadfully bad still when it comes to playcalling.
    Why is Dion Jordon still playing special teams, and barely on the field, Why were Starks and Wake off the field quite a bit very early on tonight? Coaching... Not good.
    This team NEVER starts well.. that's coaching.
    Then you want to talk about the Martin/Incognito issue... thats on everyone in the entire staff of this organization.

You're going to have a very hard time drawing players hear in the offseason. Nobody wants to come play for Ireland, and all this went down in the locker room on Philbin's watch. Who wants to sign up for that, not that the locker room issue is surprising to most players, but its the mess that its created that players want to avoid... The only way to fix that, is start all over I'm afraid.

9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    no we have several but who cares. in fact i think we have alot. but again. who cares.

10. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Sorry Fin D, there is NO excuse for 2 yard rushing. Even with 5 orange cones out there a team has to be able to rush for more yards. It is more than the o-line on this. Coaching and RBs are also crap.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Reasons are not excuses. I get we're angry and depressed, but I'm not stating anything controversial either.

12. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    There's really no controversy. Do you not agree with all the points I made. It is hard to disagree with anything in the OP.

13. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    It appears that Philbin probably isn't going to survive this mess. He just hasn't proved that he has the ability to get this team ready to play an entire game, week in and week out.

There was no excuse to lose to a team who was playing with a rookie QB who had NEVER won a game as a starting QB in the NFL. The Bucs were also playing the game with their 3rd and 4th string RB's for the majority of the game.

Ireland is the major problem with this team because of the players he has selected in the draft and in free agency. It appears he once again had a draft in 2013 which really hasn't provided this team with quality talent in the draft. He also missed in free agency on Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. To spend as much money on these players and get so little from them would be reason enough to fire Ireland today. The fact is has been so bad as an NFL GM for the past six years and still remains the Dolphins GM should be considered a travesty.

Philbin is now 11-14 as the Dolphins head coach. Unless Ross will only hire a new GM which agrees to keep Philbin at least through the 2014 season, I really can't see a new GM wanting to keep Philbin and this coaching staff under any other circumstances.

Whether some people on here want to agree or not. It is time to blow this team up and start over. Because other than a few players on this roster, this team just isn't very good.

MAFishFan and brandon27 like this.
  14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I love this team like you bro, but 2 yards rushing is not a good thing. Tampa had their 4th string running back running more than that on 1 play against our "good" defensive front 7. Two yards is ridiculous, and surprising.

15. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i think it is time just to do a clean reboot.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm not sure what you're jumping me about. All I said is that it wasn't surprising our oline did poorly tonight considering we're missing 2 out of 5 starters and the whole unit was mired in the biggest scandal of the year. You said they were in shambles.....what you said and what I said are pretty much the same thing.

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I didn't say or act like it was a good thing. We rushed great last week, when we weren't down as much starters and we didn't have a long ugly scandal about the oline. The oline sucked tonight, that's not surprising.

18. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    I wasn't jumping at you. My bad if it appeared so.

Fin D likes this.
  19. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii

Perhaps you missed the fact that Incognito missed most of the Bengals game and Martin didn't play at all in the game and the Dolphins had no trouble rushing the ball against the Bengals. There is absolutely no excuse for the Dolphins only rushing for 2 yards tonight. Blaming the scandal is ridiculous. I'm sure if the Dolphins had won the game and not lost it, you would have been stating that they rose to the occasion.

They took the lead in the game and then completely fell apart in the fourth quarter. That is on the players and coaches and not on the controversy of the past week.

20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    2 yards all night is surprising. The word surprised means not expected. If I told you 7 hours ago we'd have 2 yards rushing in 4 quarters of football, you'd laugh. Thats a surprise.

21. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    How messed up is this team? Two penalties defined us tonight. The Pouncey 15 yarder to start the game (when the offense appeared to be just short of a 1st down, it totally set us back to start the game offensively) and the 15 yarder by Wheeler to end the game. We had been very good all year with respect to penalties. That's the one thing you could point to and say, this MIGHT be a well coached, smart coached, football team. All that went out the window tonight. That speaks volumes about where this team is headed. Those were frustration penalties that are out of character for those two players.

FinSane likes this.
  22. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    GODDAMN. IT. I. WASN'T. MAKING. AN. EXCUSE.

Jesus, you guys are effing insane. I said it was disappointing. i agree it was bad. All, I'm saying is that it should not have been an effing surprise that our line would suck. Whatever bull**** world you live in where that is an excuse that merits another inane post by you, then hopefully it will enter another ice age soon.

KeyFin likes this.
  23. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Miami had the same 5 linemen the majority of the game last week against Cincinnati and carved them up. Just saying. It shows how contemptibly bad this entire coaching staff is.

The defense has allowed 20+ in 8 CONSECUTIVE Games!

MAFishFan likes this.
  24. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Outcoached by Dave Wanstache.

25. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    We shouldve fired everyone back when it was clear the last regime crashed and burned. Retaining Ireland after firing Sparano(and screwing up the Harbaugh situation) has really come back to bite us, as I feared it would. Not to mention the meaningless wins we racked up in 2010, putting us out of the Luck sweepstakes. This team continues to lose the future by screwing up the present.

Dolphins1Beatles likes this.
  26. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Late in the 3rd quarter is most of the game?

27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Thank you for the definition of surprise. I had never heard the word before.

Our oline is, as the OP pointed out in shambles. If I told you lost the game because we couldn't run block and two late sacks stopped outr comeback, you not have been surprised.

I get it, this loss sucked. this week sucked. We're staring at yet another complete rebuild. But jumping my **** for saying its not a surprise our line sucked tonight considering the circumstances is a bit much.

28. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    This team plays with absolutely no fire or passion. At all. None. That's on the coaching staff. I defended them before this game, but, no more. I just do not believe in those guys any more. Philbin might get another year, but, I have no idea why. Mike Sherman just needs to go. His calls are sometimes infuriating, and I think he's the main thing holding back Tannehill... who can still be a great QB.

Ireland is obviously gone. He deserved to be gone two years ago. One of the worst GMs in the NFL, and a huge douchebag to boot. His mother might be a whore. That, I cannot confirm.

I also have no faith in Ross.

**** this team.

FinSane and RoninFin4 like this.
  29. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I usually don't even post here anymore because it's a huge group of mindless zombies that believe everything that they see and hear on Sportscenter. Of course the line had problems, and of course the team was out of sync tonight. The whole world has decided that Miami was the laughing stock of football over the past 10 days and the players can't even get to their cars without the media chasing them like each was Princess Diana. Then you have an owner making threats behind closed doors and the time bomb has officially exploded.

You're 100% right though in everything that you said....stop apologizing for having intelligence.

MikeHoncho and Fin D like this.
  30. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Ross needs to fire Ireland before the NFL concludes their investigation. It will send a message to the fans that he's the owner, he makes the decisions, he decides what is right for this team, NOT THE ****ING NFL or NFLPA! It's time for Ross to grow some ****ing balls and do the right thing. Stop being a throat clearing babbling idiot in front of the camera. Time to be a ruthless dictator. Either that or pull a Green Bay and sell the team to shareholders. Let the fans of this team own the team and bring it back to respectability.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  31. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    It seems to me that both coordinators fail miserably at utilizing/scheming players to the fullest of their abilities.

RoninFin4 and Fin D like this.
  32. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    My inane posts have been telling you for the past two years that the talent on this team is subpar and that Ireland should have been replaced at least two years ago. All I have heard from you is excuses for this team, the coaches and the front office.

You blamed the lack of yards rushing tonight on the missing two offensive linemen and the so called scandal. Once again you make excuses for the play of the Dolphins and then claim you really aren't making an excuse. Typical BS from you as usual.

33. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Where in that quote did he say anything about the run game? If you want to pick fights and harass him, at least talk about his mother or something remotely relevant. To attack the guy just because you didn't like how he phrased something...when he agreed with you the entire time...shows a pure lack of class.

Fin D likes this.
  34. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The Patriots don't seem to be having issues with the Hernandez investigation. Good teams over come this crap.

35. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It wasn't an excuse. It was a reason. That's all. Didn't excuse anything. Didn't give anyone a pass. They sucked. Just saying why.

You thinking you're right about Ireland needing to be gone is like someone saying manhole covers aren't edible.....because they are round.

36. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Ya know... I respect you, and you and I have had some good chats here, and on the other board you took refuge too... but if you're going to come back here, and say that first and foremost... why come back?

37. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    After Demaurice Smith's comments, and the utter lack of competent depth and talent...Ireland has to go. I like Philbin, but a part of me gets giddy at the thought of a Shula(Mike) as head coach. We need some major F'N Karma from the Football Gods...Shula-like karma.

Ross needs to sack up though, and make the tough decisions promptly.

38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I appreciate it bro. But you won't make any head way. You'd be better off punching yourself in the face with a chainsaw.

39. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    hit the nail on its head...this is the main problem.