1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz: Report implicates Ireland in Martin saga, reactions from Fins players

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Former Dolphins offensive tackle Lydon Murtha, who was released by the team in the preseason of 2012, wrote an essay for Peter King’s MMQB web site and said, among other things, that Martin “wouldn’t look anyone in the eye.” He said Incognito used the N-word with Martin in meetings and “all Martin did was laugh.”

And what about those suggesting the coaching staff knew none of this was happening? “Coaches know everything. That’s the most outlandish lie of the whole thing.”

And finally, from Tannehill: "All I know about Richie (Incognito) is that he was a great teammate to me, I saw him being a great teammate all the time. Does he like to give guys a hard time? Yes. Does he like to pester guys and have fun? Yes. He brought a lot of laughter to this locker room, he brought a lot of cohesiveness to this locker room and he was the best teammate that I could ask for.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-fins-players-commentators.html#storylink=cpy

Aquafin, the 23rd and MrClean like this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Then there's this:

BROWN: I find it interesting that a lot of folks will try to put a lot of credence on what the other black (foot)ball players were saying about how they would welcome Incognito back because he is a tough guy. That bothers me to the core because that in no way gives any legitimacy to the fact that we ought to buy into that simply because a number of other black ball players said we could do that… Even though I played basketball I still understand the competitive arena and I understand what folks are talking about in terms of you’ve got to display that toughness. If I’m playing ball with you (turns to Cris Collinsworth, who remained silent) I know I can go on and battle in any situation because you’re not going to back down. Phil, a tough quarterback, (I) would go to battle with him any day. But there is still a line across which you won’t step. You tell me I’m going to get into a foxhole with the guy I know who does not like me and who is using those racial epithets or talking about my folks, I’ve got a problem with that, absolutely.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-fins-players-commentators.html#storylink=cpy

It's not hard to see both sides of the issue, but at the end of the day the Dolphins players' staunch defense of Incognito and the Ricky Williams piece both make me think that Incognito was more of a loudmouth than anything else, boorish as per the golf course incident. But who knows.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    no new info.

4. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    why would you care, you wouldn't believe any new reports anyway.

5. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    You're right, because they always slyly update the bigger picture the older an article gets anyways.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    This does not contain anything new. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.