1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miami Dolphins vs. The Media

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Stringer Bell, Nov 6, 2013.

Who's side are you on???

1. I side with the Miami Dolphins

98.5%
  2. I side with the media

1.5%
  1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Who's side are you on? Is the team in the midst of a media-coordinated attack, or is the team getting the coverage it warranted?

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    [video=youtube;TOMN9MY0oII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOMN9MY0oII[/video]

Turn off that bull****.

padre31 likes this.
  3. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I'm just glad there's an official investigation.

Seems like it would be a lot more legitimate than a "he said, she said" between Martin, Incognito, and Dolphins' camps through the media.

Though, that might be what this investigation ends up being anyways.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Been saying this all along.

Turn off BSPN, their mission to mislead the gullible, watch when this all hashes out does anyone think BSPN will ever apologize, of course not, they'll act as if the 24/7 coverage never happened.

5. Phinatic74

Phinatic74 New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Hey Jeff. I think this is exactly what Ireland wants. It takes the focus off the very mediocre football that is being played and puts the story on this very ancillary issue. People will quickly forget this o-line gave up the most sacks in NFL history and will remember a highschool spat between two d-bags who couldn't block a highschool DE(hyperbole). The real story is always hidden by piles of excrement.

6. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Aw trolls gettin creative now.

SICK, invid, gunn34 and 6 others like this.
  7. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    lol

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Ireland is a diabolical genius. He purposely drafted Martin two years ago and signed Incognito 4 years ago with the plan that during his 5th year, that the focus would be taken off of him and put on them. Brilliant!

Edit: Khan's plan from Star Trek Into Darkness isn't as complicated as this plan.

9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    I would of of went with "I side with no one until I hear more" or "Not enough info to make a decision yet", if there was a 3rd option.

10. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Takes the focus off? Are you blind? Its the very same unit or 2 players in that unit causing this negative media hype but i really think you know this. Seriously....be quiet or get with the program.

11. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    I'm going to pretend by his proper use of punctuation and vocabulary that this guy is being facetious and we all just fell for it.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm not concerned with what's gonna happen, what I care about is this team playing for each other and their coach..

13. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    What? That this is an Ireland ploy to take the heat off the sacks given up? I actually think with the Ireland hate there is more truth than myth and jokes. I Love Ireland. :yes: as long as it dont cost picks.....then i will get a bit niggled.

14. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    This is where I stand. People with pitch forks and shouting for heads could atleast support until all fact are actually disclosed.

Why so serious?

15. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I can't agree with everything the Dolphins have done but the witch hunt the media has done is even worse.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  16. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    [​IMG]

17. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    No debate here.

When the FULL range of facts on this issue are looked at including the context of certain "evidence" it's clear this whole issue is being blown way out of proportion.
    This is what the media does. Take an issue and if possible turn it into a good ole fashioned controversy whether warranted or not. This is gold for them complete with the keyword hot topics of Racism and bullying which can turn any discussion into mass hysteria.

xphinfanx and joenhre like this.
  18. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Cris Carter on ESPN did a complete 180 on his stance, basically now saying that what most likely existed between Cogs, Martin, and Pouncey was like a brotherhood and everything was cool, until for whatever reason Martin went off the rails.

Then of course it's followed up by Mortenson and Trey Wingo doubling down on this out of control locker room...so...sounds like maybe some ex-players turned pundits are changing their stories as details emerge, but pundits are just continuing with the "oh how horrible" narrative.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  19. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Scifi nerd....internet punch

20. Phinatic74

Phinatic74 New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Wow you Ireland apologist imply a lot from that post regarding Ireland. Where,genius, did I state this was a plot by Ireland? You are great at defending Ireland from an argument I never made. Straw man anyone? The argument which Ireland fan boys can't win is that Jeff is terrible at talent evaluation. If you see the topics of conversation this whole week, it is not about how terribly constructed this o-line is but instead the convo is regarding a spat between two mediocre players. The other narrative developing is this idea that the media has an agenda against the team, which is absurd.(what's the genesis of this media hate against a mediocre franchise?) As fans we can get past this ridiculous story and get back to talking about on the field issues, like who to target in draft n free agency to rebuild line and who will be making those decisions.

21. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    You labelmakers just don't know how to create a post worth reading. You just create weird insane posts and the defend them with weirder more insane posts.

22. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I just can't believe these idiots get paid for what they do.

SICK likes this.
  23. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.

24. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Didn't see this posted elsewhere... Hard Knocks crew weighing in...

http://www.reddit.com/r/miamidolphins/comments/1q2syj/hardknocks_crewmember_weighing_in/

25. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    ^ lol @ E!-SPN

That's a good one.

Dol-Fan Dupree and MikeHoncho like this.
  26. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Ben Violin's take:
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ple-appears/ifzcI7AjapFF4rPbi3aF2J/story.html

MonstBlitz, Stringer Bell and smahtaz like this.
  27. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Now I get it!

28. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    Well it looks like Miami fans are going back into denial . the dolphins are the worst orginaztion in all of sports they do nothing but bring embarrassment to the nfl . that is on Ireland and Philbin Only a dolphin fan can be blinded by their homerisum if other people can see the truth I would hope my fellow dolphin fans could wake up and see what has been done to this once proud team.

all I here now is just excuses on all this bull sounds like people are wanting to close their eyes . this fanbase used not settle for less when Wanny and Saban were here; now the fans seem to kiss the gm and coach's butts and do more pretending .

the truth is Philbin is not a good coach nor is Sherman , the oline coach. Ireland is the main guy I want to see fired because I want to be the best instead of being a soap opera.

29. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

cuchulainn and emocomputerjock like this.
  30. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I always support the Miami Dolphins. I can't imagine any fan that would side with the media who always wants to see any team burn in a situation like this. It doesn't mean I think the Miami Dolphins are completely innocent in this whole mess however. I support the Dolphins the same way I'd support my own children even if I knew they had done something wrong.

cuchulainn and SICK like this.
  31. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    The worst organization in all of sports? What an ignorant f***ing statement. No, what's embarrassing is guys like you continuing to ignore the actual facts and talk our of your *** so that you can continue to push an anti-Ireland agenda. Almost hourly more and more people are speaking up for Cogs and blaming BSpn, and the talking heads for creating this issue.

If you really think this sort of thing is isolated to the Dolphins, then you've had your head in the sand for many years. The difference here is that a reporter (Shefter) has an on-going beef with Cogs and Cogs called him out twice. Once for the previous wrong story, and now for this one. Then the media went on the assault.

Here is a perfect example similar things happening elsewhere - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-hated-coming-in-to-work-because-of-kruetz/

You know what else you didn't hear about? Kreutz breaking a fellow Bear's jaw. That season the Bears went 5-11. The next season 11-5. The GM and coaches remained. Did this guy quit the team and hide behind his parents? Did he try to extort money?

You should really do some GD homework before making an idiotic statement (with mispelled words) like "the dolphins are the worst orginaztion in all of sports they do nothing but bring embarrassment to the nfl ."

It's BSpn that brought all of this own. Not the Dolphins. The Ireland issue is a separate matter.