1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Next Coaching Staff and GM Pick would be...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fsualumizzy, Nov 6, 2013.

1. fsualumizzy

fsualumizzy Supreme Overlord

Jul 29, 2011
    Boston
    If the Dolphins were to replace the Coaching Staff and GM next year who would you pick to replace the current staff and GM? Also, these people have to be available or you think they will be available next year.

2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Let me watch Philbin's news conference today before considering this....

*EDIT - If he announces his resignation today, this thread will be very interesting to peruse.

3. fsualumizzy

Jul 29, 2011
    Boston
    *EDIT - If he announces his resignation today, this thread will be very interesting to peruse.[/QUOTE]

I Highly Doubt it. He probably will be very vague. Maybe if we are lucky we can hear about what happened at practice today.

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  4. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Jay Gruden as head coach, Coughlin as GM.

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    :lol: True, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

6. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I don't know what Coughlin would bring as a GM. How much input does he have in NY?

7. fsualumizzy

Jul 29, 2011
    Boston
    I love the Gruden pick as I feel he is ready to step up to the plate. Plus he is all about Florida, but I see him heading to TB if that job is open. Another thing about Gruden and anybody else, I feel the Fins this time are going to look for an Established Coach. Not that we haven't looked in the past but I don't think they will settle for less.

8. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    GM Candidates: Eric DeCosta, Alonzo Highsmith, and Brian Gaine.
    Coach Candidates: David Shaw, Rex Ryan, Mike Shula, and Jon Gruden.

9. bobw999

bobw999 Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Well I don't have a pick for next HC/GM, but I'd give it 3 months after we get a new one before the fans start *****ing about them and want to blow the whole team up again.

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This team is fully behind rich, they know he wasn't malicious..

vt_dolfan likes this.
  11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Gm: Decosta, omar khan or Marc Ross
    Coach: shaw, Jay gruden, Lovie Smith (if we run a 4-3),

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

GM candidate, for me it has to be DeCosta, and anyone else is a very distant second. I know someone who is a football writer, member of the PFWA for years, and he knows Eric personally. He raves about him as a personnel man. As good as it gets.

Coach candidate, since I do not believe Rex will be available, from your list I'd pick Mike Shula. Having watched the sons of Don through the years, I have always felt Mike was a chip off the old block much more than David.

13. MrClean

14. fsualumizzy

Jul 29, 2011
    Boston
  15. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Northern California
    No halfway decent candidate will want to come to Miami if this week's events blow up the whole organization.

16. MrClean

Especially the drama queens on BSPN, like Tom Jackson, Keyshawn Johnson, and Cris Carter. That article flies in the face of everything they said about Richie. They made him sound like some KKK Grand Dragon. Johnson especially has no room to talk about another person being racist, considering the way he treated Wayne Chrebet back in the day. Fvkcing god damn hypocrite bastard. :pity:

17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    HC: Joe Philbin
    GM: Dawn Aponte. Hiring the first woman GM in the history of the sport will go along way to improving PR after all this.

18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    they can't even understand that ribbing like this even exists without being malicious...lol...idiots..

We have a team that I believe is going to unite..and I believe that in order to accomplish something in football thats more important then some think, you can overcome a lot if your guys are playing for more than themselves, they now have a purpose.

I understand we probabaly get a new GM, but I would like to think that we have a real good head coach in place, and by no means do I blame him for this, and the only think I blame Richie for is not being keen to martins sensitivity, they were buds, and buds do what they do.

Fin D likes this.