1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few "Good" Men?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phintasmic, Nov 6, 2013.

1. phintasmic

phintasmic Banned

Oct 21, 2013
    Saw this on another site LOL!!

Armando Salguero: Coach, did you order the Code Aqua?!

Harvey Greene: You don't have to answer that question!

Philbin: I'll answer the question. You want answers?

Salguero: I think I'm entitled!

Philbin: You want answers?!

Salguero: I want the truth!

Philbin: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has formations, and those formations have to be guarded by men with pads. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Omar Kelly? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Martin and you curse Incognito. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Martin’s being hazed, while tragic, probably saved some sacks. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, gains yards! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at tailgate parties, you want me on that sideline. You need me on that sideline. We use words like "blitz", "screen", "A gap". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending an end zone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very entertainment that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some pads, and stand in at left tackle. Either way, I don't give a darn what you think you are entitled to!

Salguero: Did you order the Code Aqua?

Philbin: I did the job that—-

Salguero : Did you order the Code Aqua?!!

Philbin: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Differently done, but I think Disgustipate beat them to it.

The similarities to the movie, if the reports turn out to be true are shocking, sad, and hilarious all at the same time.

3. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    I have always viewed the Cruise/Kaffee character as the "hero" and kinda figured pretty much everyone did. But it now occurs to me that there may be a lot of people who see the Nicholson/Jessup character as the more honorable one. I get the impression that when the Incognito/Martin thing is put in that context, many people side with the Nicholson/Jessup/Dolphins Mgmt side of it.

I'm sympathetic to Martin personally, but my sense is that Incognito is not a racist and that his comments were made in jest. As I read about the black player supporting him and calling him "honorary" I wonder if the insult/barb wasn't in calling him the N-word but in saying he is only half N-word, i.e., in the same way that calling someone half a man isn't insulting because you're calling someone a man but rather because you are half not a man.

cuchulainn and phintasmic like this.