1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Point I want to make about this "Incognito vs. Martin" Case

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Robert Horry, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Robert Horry

Robert Horry New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    First off, I respect everyone's opinion. Everyone has a valid opinion and I believe there are reasons for why posters think the way they do. I do not mean to attack anyone's post or opinion in this thread. With that being said:

It sounds like most of you never played college or let alone high school football.

Its chaos in the locker room. Players talk crap to other players all the time. Its divided too. For example linemen wouldn't interact with safeties or kickers. Its segregated by skill position and half the time other positions have no idea whats going on until a huge debacle like this.

I will say this, bullying and hazing happen a TON. I think one year I took #84 for football at WR when I was an underclassmen. The rest of the wideouts found me coming out the bathroom, picked me up and shoved me against a vending machine. They asked me if I thought I was Randy Moss taking #84. They then proceeded to take my wallet and pants me. Yeah, I was 6'0 180 but I also had 4 other wide outs who were all 6'0 or higher teaming up on me. What the **** was I supposed to do? Say No and just stand there?

Coaches also have no idea whats going in the locker room most of the time. They can't. Players kick their *** out if they come in there for no reason.

So for players in general to say " I had no idea". Of course Brent Grimes, Derrick Shelby, and Will Davis would have no clue. Positions are divided. They aren't all interacting with eachother constantly other than in the locker room when they are playing dominos or changing.

The coach would be oblivious. For people to say Philbin should have known, please understand that if we was involved with personal issues and relationships, he would be seen as micro-managing or controlling. He let "Grown Men" handle their personal business and relationships, like a coach should do. These are not college kids. He does not need to involved with those aspects.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I know in my high school the linemen had a sort of, "we are our own team" mentality. The part of the team that does all the work and doesn't get any of the reward. All of the position players were "pretty boys"

I always assumed it was a standard practice.

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    That's how it was for me too.

I played tight end so I was a miscast though. :lol:

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They liked telling you not to move and peeing between your legs in our locker room. I always thought that was weird.

Jeff Jaeger's (longtime kicker of the Raiders) brother was a senior when I was a sophomore. That guy was an *******.

5. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    You're a monster

Bpk, SICK and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  6. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Another point about this is that these are grown "mature" professionals making millions in their lifetimes. They should be way, way above this kind of behavior and any other behavior detrimental to the team in whole. They are not HS and college kids any more. Time to grow up.

Phyl likes this.
  7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Lol....

We locked my best friend...who was also the smallest guy on the team, in the glass trophy case right outside the cafeteria, just before lunch. You dont think he was embarassed sitting in there as everyone in the school walked by on the way to get something to eat?

Dude took it, and knew it was just all out of fun.

Bpk likes this.
  8. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Wait a second. Really? These are big huge kids for the most part. Getting paid millions. I think thats where the disconnect is. Your trying to compare professional football players to normal everyday people. Everything about them is wired differently.

Bpk likes this.
  9. TooGoodForDez

TooGoodForDez Deion Sanders for GM

Feb 26, 2013
  10. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    Yes , really. They act like big huge kids. You don't have to make excuses for them. If what you're saying is true, then they would all be like that. Hard core criminals and psychotics are wired dufferently and I don't think these guys quite fit that mold.

11. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Bill Polian was saying last night that if this had happened he would have said to his veteran leadership how the hell could you let this happen.

While not all players would know , certainly some would and did . That it at least seems like Incognito strong armed Martin and wasn't called out or corrected certainly is on those who did know imo .

That this team seemingly doesn't have enough strong internal leadership from players is on the coaches and management at least to a significant degree , again imo .

Too many years have passed under this GM to be at this stage , too many instances , situations and negatives.

Bpk likes this.