1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets try a cool idea

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ducken, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    I believe we all have the right to express our own thoughts and opinions, and there are some very good ones here, but it seems things always get a little crazy after a rough loss. And now it seems that even a win over one of the best teams in the AFC can't even curb the crazy sunshiners or the doomers. I have seen posts attacking single people and whole "groups" niether is very cool. I would love to see this place revert back to what was intended and more thought out posts and fact based post reign supreme.

I know my self, I thought we sucked at 3& long and had to one of the worst at stopping it, even though we are not good we are far from the worst. As a well thought out post showed the fact we were 15th and just about league avereage. And that was what has inspired this thread. I would love to see a little less knee jerk, one way or the other , and more thought out fact based discussions. I know that will not work with some peoples agendas but hey, like I said we all are entitled to our own opinions. Take care Phin family and be good to each other.

Vengeful Odin, The Rev, toto and 3 others like this.
  2. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    You're right. We seem to be drifting away from what thephins.com was created to be in the first place - a sanctuary for real discussion and thoughtfulness from the insanity that became that other board most of us used to frequent. I have been back there three times in the 7+ years I have been on this board - No THANKS! I know there has to be an incredible storehouse of pent up frustration lurking just behind all of our eyeballs... just waiting to explode in ecstatic expression with a championship, or for that matter, even a meaningful playoff victory. But that also means that along with that frustration comes a bit of curmudgeonly fear of disappointment - yet again. (I know, I know, my wife wouldn't even sit in the same room with me for during the Parsparhenning era!) But, right now, are a lot of the negative posts on here the fearful expression of the possibility that our hopes might be dashed yet again, or have we just become so hyper-alert to what could be a false hope that we give no one a chance.

Our quarterback is, to use the parlance of one of the newer cinematic myths, yet a Padawan... The force may be with him, but he is not a fully hatched Jedi yet. But it looks a lot better than JarJar Harrington or Daunte the Hut being behind center, doncha think? And we don't have Darth Bill running the show, either!

Glory!!!

Paul 13, Ducken and Boik14 like this.
  3. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I already promised one of the mods I would't post for a day after a loss.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  4. phintasmic

phintasmic Banned

Oct 21, 2013
    just go check out Finheaven and you will appreciate this place more. There were posters over there actually saying Moore should be the starter! That was enough for me!

Boik14 likes this.
  5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Football good. 3rd down bad. Stop bad. More good. Yea!!!

- you're welcome

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think were fine...I'm all for fact based posts but I like people opinions too, if they spend some quality time here so we can get to know them..Ii think we do a good job policing ourselves and holding each other accountable, I think we have a way of weeding things out fairly that meets the standard of this board, it's kinda like life, I try to give everyone a chance to earn respect and trust, if you show your ***, then that's on you, don't expect continued respect, unless you admit to showing your ***, then it's about a 2nd chance..

Bottom line..this place is special, and folks who come here, and the ones already here, need to realize it and demonstrate it with good tone,respect and the best analysis they can come up with in their posts, jmo, and most importantly give everyone a chance no matter how they express their frustrations, and what thoe of personality comes out, some of the best posters here I can remember in the beginning started off a certain way, learned something about how we treat each other, and adapted their style some.