1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perspective.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JonnyRadioPhin, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JonnyRadioPhin

JonnyRadioPhin New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    The first 3 weeks of this season gave us something we havent had in Miami in a long time, hope. 3-0 was great, the vibe was beautiful, the organization was headed in the right direction, this dark tunnel we have been navigating for years finally revealed a light that has been long lost in South florida football, it was THERE. But then after 4 weeks of disaster, miscues, lost opportunities, ignorance, bad fortune, and just BAD football, that light was lost, wrong turn after wrong turn and we entered the maze we have grown so accustomed to down here. We all ( including myself ) were already singing the same old tune that has haunted us forever. Get rid of the coach, new GM, this QB cant cut it, Sherman is done, etc.

But.

On Thursday Night Football I found out something about this Dolphins team.... they have BALLS! Big, huge, BALLS!

It was no secret to them that if this game was lost then the ship is officially sinking.
    Lose this game and dread going to the podium.
    Lose this game and your job might be gone with it.

Lets forget for a second who our opponent even was, put yourself in that players position in front of his locker getting ready to head out on to the field, knowing that everyone in that stadium is expecting you to fail after just 4 weeks ago you were a contender. And now its time to see what you are made of, deep, deep inside what kind of GUTS do you have? What does pressure do to you ? Do you persevere? or do you fold. Do you scratch and claw for every inch? Or do you give up at the first sight of defeat. And my friends, dolphins teams of the past would not have done what was about to transpire over the next 60 minutes.

Come on to that field and face a Bengals team that is:

6-2
    fresh off beating the Jets by FORTY POINTS
    Dalton offensive player of the Month
    The "Nastiest" D-Line in the NFL
    and legitimate superbowl contenders on a HOT STREAK

And what did the Dolphins do? BALLS

Defense-

3 Int's
    1 Pick 6
    1 Fumble
    5 Sacks
    1 Cam Wake

Offense-

Incognito goes down, Garner comes in and plays GREAT
    Clabo the Clown? 5.0 ypc rushing behind him not 1 sack
    Lamar Miller career high 105 yards
    Mike Wallace 6 targets 8 catches and the biggest play in OT that shifted the field
    and Ryan Tannehill managed a beautiful game, no monster stats but just what we need to get the job DONE.

Now, you wouldve told me after this brutal schedule: ( Cleveland, Colts, Falcons, Saints, Ravens, Bills, Patriots, Bengals )

We would be 4-4? I would have said that is a Victory

Next 8 games: ( Tampa, San Diego, Carolina, Jets, Steelers, Patriots, Bills, Jets )

I'm not saying we are playoff bound, im not saying we are a superbowl contender, im not saying we are to be feared.

All im saying is when a light is lost it can easily be found if you have BALLS!

Perspective.

Fin D and MikeHoncho like this.