1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

post game discussion

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Nov 1, 2013.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

WE ENDED A 4 GAME LOSING STREAK! 6-0 ON HALLOWEEN!

The entire defense looked fantastic for most of the game I thought, except they were out there way too much for my liking, especially the 3rd quarter.

For being as banged up as the Oline is I need to give them credit, especially for the run game. They played fantastic.

Hartline, Clay, Wallace, Miller, Thomas even had a nice play or two, Grimes, Patterson, Soliai, Wake.. good ST's coverage..

Still had some sacks that we need to fix, and pass pro was not all that great except there were a few plays where Tannehill seemed to have a ton of time.

We're now 4-4 and in the playoff hunt.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    That's our first prime time win since November 2009. 7 game losing streak...SNAPPED!

ON A WALK-OFF SAFETY!

Wouldn't have it any other way. Team never quit. Proud of them.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I would marry wake

4. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    Fixed

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  5. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Defense was not great. I think the defensive line played very well today, but the linebackers played awful and the backs left a lot of plays out there despite the turnovers.

And by god, that 3rd down defense needs to be fixed. Just awful.

Soliai and Wake were awesome though.

Big props to Tannhill btw. He won't get a lot of credit from some people, and some other trolls are going to say he was bad, but he showed big balls today and made some great plays when the team absolutely needed it most.

phintasmic, Ducken, JMHPhin and 3 others like this.
  6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Great job by the D playing tirelessly...almost 100 plays. We have stuff to clean up like tackling, getting off the field on 3rd down etc but whatever, worry about that on monday. :yes:

Also, reported that Bengal Geno Atkins tore his ACL. Too bad, hes one of the best DT's in the league.

JMHPhin and Bpk like this.
  7. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    I screamed like I lost my virginity again. Woke up the zip code. Wonderful win.

xphinfanx and dolfan22 like this.
  8. Athrun340

Athrun340 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    i thought i was gonna have a heart attack.. my god my heart was beating so fast.. especially when sturgis kicked that game tying fg. Cardiac dolphins.

anlgp likes this.
  9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Defense was amazing. Our defense was terrible.

Seriously there is no other way around those two statements. Both are true. The defense won this game and came up with big plays. But they got their *** absolutely handed to them in the 2nd half. If not for the drop by Sanu, they score 21 straight points to start the 2nd half.

dolfan32323, Pariah, Boik14 and 2 others like this.
  10. anlgp

For the amount of time the defense was on the field they played great IMO. Yeah, there are issues (there always are), but for the time spent on the field I think they did rather well. Both corners got interceptions - one a pick six for 90 some yards, and they fought and fought and never gave up despite being relied on way too heavily in this game.

Totally agree on Tannehill.

RevRick likes this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati has a good offense.

Dalton is a good quarterback. They have a great receiver, two really good ones and two good tight ends. Their rookie back has been making a lot of people look foolish, not just the Dolphins.

I really don't know what people expect.

12. anlgp

I wonder how much it would take to get him in a trade... (Bengals rookie RB).. I know the deadline is over.. I'm dreaming.

13. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Really, so because they have an above average offense, we should not expect our defense to stop them? At all? lol. Give it up man. They got their **** pushed in the 2nd half.

Phinatic19 likes this.
  14. JonnyRadioPhin

JonnyRadioPhin New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    Brent Grimes.... that pick 6 was just beautiful

Ohio Fanatic, maynard and anlgp like this.
  15. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Well done!

16. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    I've seen enough of Mike Sherman to last me a lifetime. I wish I could replace all of that wasted time with memories of Cam Wake strip sacks.

Bpk, Pariah and mcdave21 like this.
  17. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Sherman certainly tried his very best to lose the game in the 2nd half, only 5 rushing attempts for 14 yards after 140+ in the first. The 6 man OL was killing it in first half, I don't think I saw that formation until late in the 4th quarter, when Miami threw out of it. Defense forced 4 turnovers and out scores the offense. Cincinnati held the ball for nearly the entire 3rd quarter, and Miami goes 3 and out and gives the ball right back. Defense was gassed and predictably gave up the lead. In OT on the first possession it's 3rd and 1 and Miami throws, ugh.

18. NY Finatic

NY Finatic New Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Queens, New York
    Glad we came away with this one. The defense never gave up. But what concerns me is all the 3rd and longs we are giving up and the poor tackling

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    They did get a pick six, force a few punts and a safety to win the game. That is stopping them "at all"

DPlus47 likes this.
  20. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Love the fight and the effort. I am still VERY concerned with SHERMAN and 3rd and LONG. I really l like miller and Tannehill tonight, I thought they both played within the game that was called to the best of their abilities.

21. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

See, here is the issue with some of you guys on this board. If you say ANYTHING negative at all, its hopped all over.

Did you not see how I said the defense won the game, the defense was amazing? There was two separate stories with the defense tonight. Face it. If you didnt see it, you didnt watch the game. The defense looked like a bottom 3 defense that second half.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I am not hopping all over you. The problem with some of you guys is you take ANY criticism on your without acting like you are being attacked.

I also so an offense with really good players make really good plays. Some of those long third down plays were just perfect. AJ Green is a beast.

cuchulainn likes this.
  23. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Sherman calling run plays over and over like a petulant child it seemed.

xphinfanx, Claymore95 and MikeHoncho like this.
  24. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    There were 2 defenses out there.

The defensive line was awesome tonight. Soliai and Wake were bossing people out there. Even OV, Odrick and Shelby had some good plays.
    On the other hand, the line backers were AWFUL tonight. Just terrible.
    The secondary was very hot and cold. Good with the turnovers, but really left a lot of plays out there. Specially on 3rd down.

25. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I never said I was being attacked. Your just hopping on me saying I was wrong because the defense had a stretch that played absolutely awful, and thats OK with you.

26. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I said Bengals had a good offense. How is that hopping on you?

27. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Was what you said when you quoted my post. Like I said, I never said I was being attacked.

28. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    The only thing I wish...

That the offense ended this game in OT tonight with a TD. As huge as this win tonight is regardless, I think it would have been even bigger for this team if the offense could have walked off the field, having scored the winning td and celebrating on the field. Think it would have just given much more confidence to an area of the team that really needs a boost. A win is a win, and i'll take it, and no doubt everyone in that locker room will too... just think offense winning it would have had an even bigger impact on confidence.

anlgp, Bpk, MikeHoncho and 1 other person like this.
  29. Marino1384

Marino1384 Member

Dec 8, 2007
    3 picks,5 ints,fumble recovery, 9 points scored and only 20 points given up... Yea ok they didn't play great... There's no such thing as a true shutdown 3 and out d any more in such a pass happy league. Even te best defenses on today's league will give up plays. Bend but not break is the new shutdown d. Really don't know how you can say that a defense that scored a touchdown, created 4 turnovers and literally won the game for a team, didn't play great.

MrClean and DPlus47 like this.
  30. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    Miami needs to get better a short yardage.. All game long we pounding it off guard with Thomas then third and 1 we run off tackle? Baffles me

31. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Does anyone know what happened to Patterson?

32. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    In all honesty, how much of your take on our defense tonight was colored by the 3rd quarter?

The Bengals put together a long drive to start the 3rd that we stopped with a pick 6.*They were gassed and rightly so.

RevRick likes this.
  33. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Solid win, Tannehill did a great job on the last 4th quarter drive. He's still shaky, but certainly looks like the best QB since Marino...though that is not hard.

The next time they get a boat load of turnovers, they need points. They scored 3 points off turnovers, the offense score 10 total. If they want to start a true winning streak, that is going to have to change. Maybe they'll can Mike Sherman like Baltimore did with Cam Cameron last year. Doubtful, but we'll see.

34. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

It wasn't just the 3rd. 2 very long drives in the 3rd. One for a TD. One pick 6. Then 2 drives early in the 4th. One for TD. One off Sanus hands for a pick.

I never said overall they had a bad game. But 4 straight drives where we didn't looked like we couldn't stop anything they wanted to do. Grimes made a great play for the pick. But the Ellerbe pick was just from the Bengals terrible play.

35. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Guys, I'm concerned.

I staved off a mean apple cider poo and now I don't have to go. Should I let it bake until the morning or trip to the ER?

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  36. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Victory dumps are underrated.

37. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    It's true though, they were not great. Like I said, the defensive line did play great, but the linebackers were not good tonight, and the secondary was really hot and cold.

A couple of great individual plays by Patterson and Grimes turned the table and really masked some other weak areas tonight. Like tackling and 3rd down defense.

38. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Bake that ****... no pun intended... but It'll be that much more glorious to have the victory dump in the morning... you'll get to relive this win... and the win you'll feel on the throne all at the same time, first thing in the morning. Great way to start the day!

39. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But you're not allowing for the fact that they played virtually the entire 3rd quarter. That's hard for any defense.

cuchulainn, Claymore95 and Ducken like this.
  40. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Whose fault was it they played the entire 3rd? lol.

Make a stop on 3rd down before complaining about being on the field to long.