1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do the Dolphins have the right men in charge?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Now this I consider the media smelling blood and going after the staff, Armando's article as well, way more than anything Barry Jackson wrote.

-------------------------

"Set aside, if you can, the topic of the day for the Dolphins -- an enraged right tackle Jonathan Martin leaving the team.

Look at the big picture for this franchise. Ross. Ireland. Philbin. Tannehill.

A loss, however, and everything is different. It means a 3-5 record, along with the burden of a five-game losing streak. It almost ensures the rest of the season becomes a referendum on owner Steve Ross’ decision-making, whether general manager Jeff Ireland, coach Joe Philbin and quarterback Ryan Tannehill, the men he picked, are the right men to lead this organization."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...rebuild-the-dolphins-20131031,0,3252199.story

ps I'm not a big fan of Perkins going after Philbin mercilessly as per the Pouncey/Hernandez story. Go talk to a team lawyer if you just have to know.

2. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    no they dont.

3. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    All this crap might make tonight's game the biggest game this franchise has played in a long time.

vt_dolfan likes this.
  4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I am moving towards the fire them all option.

Well maybe keep the defensive line coach.

Skyfire023 and ckparrothead like this.
  5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

We will know tonight....

Sucks it might have to come down to this....but. Big big big game, that which cannon be understated.

6. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    beasley
    I can't think of another GM who has done as worse a job as Ireland and rewarded with an extension.

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    So... what I gathered from that article is that if we win, we have the right people in place. If we loose, everyone needs to go. Makes sense...

:no:

8. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I agree it's crap. I disagree with it making tonight's game any more/less significant. Clearly the media is itching to write the obituary on the season, I have to assume it's b/c 1) they don't like the team they cover and 2) being negative drives traffic/ratings.

9. vt_dolfan

Well...one bright light is this.

If they are that bad...and Ireland gets canned. We can fix our oline in an offseason if they focus on it. Keep Pouncey and Cogs.

10. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    [​IMG]

11. vt_dolfan

I think its more...

If we win...given our schedule...we could very well make up some lost ground, and put alot of the negativity behind us.

Lose and it could plummit....FAST

jw3102 likes this.
  12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That's exactly how I feel after reading anything the Miami media writes.

This has gotten crazy. Just crazy.

It makes me feel like we're going to get just blasted tonight. In a perfect world, I think this team could compete with Cincinnatti tonight, but as bad as the media is making things seem in that locker room... it feels like we're 0-15, and on the verge of 0-16 tonight. Crazy.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  13. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    And then he wonders why the team gives him (and the other local guys) the absolute bare minimum, access wise.

They're not stupid. They know what they're doing and from the looks of it this is now a concerted and seemingly cooperative effort by the local guys to sabotage the team they cover. Does this type of stuff happen in other cities?

14. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I never saw it this bad, even with the Lions around here in their 0-16 season.

15. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah, these articles would be appropriate in Jacksonville or Tampa, but at 3-4 Miami is right in the thick of the playoff hunt and even a loss tonight wouldn't change that.

My dream scenario would be for the players to go out and kick the Bengals' *** then go back to the locker room and "no comment" every single question they friggin ask.
    They'd all get fined but IMO it'd be worth it.

MikeHoncho and brandon27 like this.
  16. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Incognito's in the last year of his deal and Dallas Thomas appears to have been drafted to be his replacement. I don't think Incognito has a future on this team as currently constructed. If a new coaching staff comes in and brings a man blocking scheme, there's a decent case to be made for giving him a new deal. Otherwise, Dallas Thomas probably gets a shot.

The Dolphins are not in the thick of anything right now. A win tonight would put them back in it, pending the rest of this week's football games, but right now they're nowhere near the playoff picture. As of right now, the Chiefs are the 1 Seed, the Bengals the 2 Seed, the Patriots the 3 Seed, the Colts the 4 Seed, the Broncos the 5 Seed, and the Chargers the 6 Seed. After the Chargers are the Jets, Ravens, Raiders, and then we're tied with the Browns.

17. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Kacy Rodgers is very good.

18. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Right on

19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    So wrong. Yet so true.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    This. I really don't miss the new York sports media and don't understand the obsession of some media members down here to recreate that atmosphere.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

21. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    LOL.

In all seriousness the answer is no, I don't think that's the point. I think the point is if they lose tonight that could be the breaking moment. But if they win, it just means they live to fight another potential breaking moment.

jim1 likes this.