1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The influence of Dawn Aponte

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Coach Joe Philbin's relationship with the media has grown tense and, earlier this week, even combative. It wasn't that way last year even during a 7-9 season. The difference this year is the increased influence of Executive Vice President of Football Administration Dawn Aponte, a member of the New York State bar and a Bill Parcells disciple. Aponte, originally hired to manage the salary cap underJeff Ireland, got from under the general manager's umbrella when the two clashed. She has become a close Philbin ally.

Aponte shadows Philbin during television interviews, radio interviews and press conferences. During one recent taping of Philbin's coaches' show, she stopped the taping to straighten the coach's tie.

The second-year coach meets with Aponte before every press conference and accepts advice on what to say to the media. Can you ever imagine Don Shula doing this? Aponte's typical advice is for Philbin to say as little as possible even though the mission statement from team owner Stephen Ross, Philbin's and Aponte's boss, was to have the Dolphins become a more transparent and fan-friendly organization after the Parcells departure.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...t-with-mike-pounceypicture.html#storylink=cpy

2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Wayne Huizenga, ultimately, had to take responsibility for his failings in hiring, directly or indirectly, key FO people. Looks like Stephen Ross will have to do the same.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Really? There is a big thread on this already, and you've posted in it!

brandon27 likes this.
  4. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Yeah, my bad, I was skipping through the threads and I missed it. Merge or delete.

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I personally think Dawn needs to take it in the ......

Wow...lost myself there for a moment.

6. phintasmic

phintasmic Banned

Oct 21, 2013
    I've never seen Dawn, is she hot?