1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If the Dolphins win tonight....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by JonnyRadioPhin, Oct 31, 2013.

1. JonnyRadioPhin

JonnyRadioPhin New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    We are half a game out of the playoffs.

I honestly was SO PISSED after losing that game last week and the way we lost to Buffalo before that, and EVEN the Ravens game :no:. And the dolphin fan inside of me wants to scream "Sameeeeee Old Dolphinssssss" SOOOOO BAD.

But.

WIN TONIGHT AND I WILL FORGIVE YOU.

I want to believe again, win tonight and I will.

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

We all do man, we all do. I love the Red Sox, and couldnt shake this empty feeling from my Phins enough to really enjoy their World Series win....more then anything, I want to celebrate a Championship as a Phin fan. More then anything....

3. JonnyRadioPhin

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    Yeah man I feel the same way. My Heat have just won back to back and although the Marlins are crap and a horribly run organization, they still gave us 97 and 03. And I would give ALL of those back for a Dolphins superbowl.

Dolfan330 and SICK like this.
  4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    There's always the chance they could steal a win tonight...but playoffs? Dude, get real. This team is not playoff caliber.

bigballa2102 and ASOT like this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You kidding me? Playoffs?

phintasmic, ASOT and Rick 1966 like this.
  6. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    MikeHoncho likes this.
  7. JonnyRadioPhin

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston

I disagree.

The team that started 3-0 and the team we saw in the first half against the Patriots is definitely playoff caliber, even the games we lossed to the Ravens and Bills we were neck and neck And we beat a Colts team that just beat the Broncos. So yeah to say we're not playoff caliber I disagree, the talent and the personell is here in my opinion its just a matter of putting a complete 60 min game together AND coaching not completely sh*tting the bed. I put a lot on this staff, they have not helped this young team at all. But if we win tonight we are still very much alive...

phintasmic and HULKFish like this.
  8. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    That's your prerogative. I'd be willing to bet money that I can't afford to lose on it, though.

ASOT likes this.
  9. vt_dolfan

Why do you feel the need to step in and crap in someone elses thread. TRUST ME...YOUVE SAID IT AD NASEUM. Your like Shouright...over and over and over with the same tired crap. We get it. You dont think they have a chance.

first&goal and GMJohnson like this.
  10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

[video=youtube;U7fjDS0jKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE#t=13[/video]

ASOT and MikeHoncho like this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Next 3 gms are pretty much the season, barring something really unforseen.

Win tonight sets us in the right direction, we also play Cinci tough, and it's at home

12. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Not really, with three conference losses already, this team is basically sunk. Unless we are the only team with a particular record e will lose on that conference record in any tie-break scenario.

13. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Buffalo hurt a lot. A win tonight could right the ship I hope.

14. JonnyRadioPhin

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    If we win we are half a game out of a playoff spot, thats not very much alive to you ?

15. vt_dolfan

Hmm..wonder if anyone has looked at where the losses came from ....for the other teams we are competing against.

16. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    It's only your opinion I'm crapping on his thread. Honestly dude, if you don't like what I say, put me on ignore. No one's forcing you to read anything I post.

17. JShady

JShady Miami Heat lover

Sep 8, 2013
    I'll run out in the streets with no socks on if we win.

18. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I Love all the good talk about playoffs, honestly d rather not make it then get a first round knockout, give me an extra week to relax and one less week of being pissed on Sunday night.

Personally i think we will miss the playoffs, we have 2 possibly three games non conference to win, we play in buffalo on DEC in the snow at Pitt in the snow Tampa and possibly San Diego we always play them tough.

This team is nowhere near a playoff team!!!!

19. vt_dolfan

Im fine with everything you say...outside of ...we are done and have no chance. I enjoy your other replies and threads...Im just sick of hearing we are done , over and over , and over.

20. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Not really given the fact that we would lose tie-breakers. You measure a team's playoff chances by where they are on the 8 team list of who goes to the playoffs. If we are tied for 8th place when you factor in the tie-breaks, we are actually out of the playoffs, and unless we can gain a game on all of them, we are doomed.

Now is not the time to worry about this season, its done, over, dead, gone. Smart & calculating people realize when they defeated and go and try to figure out what to do for the next battle. Its simply wasting energy to worry about saving this season now, resources would be better utilized getting our plans together for hiring the next GM and coach.

21. JonnyRadioPhin

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    Well this will be a good post to revisit when we make the playoffs (:

22. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Same applies to your attitude, ever think of that ? I get extremely tired of the people that are such blind homers they bury their heads in the sand so deep they never hear what's really going on - just their rainbows & lollipops everything is rosy in Dolphinland mentality.

23. vt_dolfan

So...let me get this correct.

Its your belief, that the Miami Dolphins organization, should realize this season is over, quit wasting energy about saving this season, and commit its resources to formulate plans to hire its next coach and GM?

at 3-4....with more then half the season to go. This is what smart and calculating people do?

24. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    If they can somehow by a miracle turn this around and get to a playoff game I'll be more than happy to do a Mea Culpa thread.

But I'm not sweating worrying about it...

25. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    It is when you look at the full picture. And of course its predicated on the belief we will lose tonight, be on a 5 game losing streak, have dysfunction on the coaching staff, a prominent starter has it seems serious mental issues, and an owner that I believe is getting fed up. Yes its time to move on and start building a winning organization, as under Ireland this has been a disaster.

26. vt_dolfan

except....I actually back what I am saying up.

Its not over. FACT. If we win tonight, we are half game out of the WC. FACT. Take a look at the teams ahead of us. Which teams win all these tie breakers you are talking about. Every single one of those teams, is where they are, because, like us...they are up and down. How is it you predict any of those teams will take the last WC spot...but the Phins wont.

Current 6th Seed
    San Diego (4-3)

Remaining games - @ Was, Den, @ Miami, CIN, NYG, @ Denver, OAK, KC

7th Seed
    Jets (4-4)

Remaining games - NO, @ Buffalo, @ Bal, Mia, OAK, @ Car, CLE, @ Mia

8th Seed
    Tenn Titans

Remaining games - Jac, Ind, @ Oak, @ Ind, @ Den, ARI, @ Jac, Hou

9th Seed
    Baltimore

- @ Clev, CIN, @ Chi, NYJ, PIT, Min, @ Det, NE, @ Cinci

10th Seed
    Oakland

11th Seed Miami

Remaining Games - Cinci, Monday Night @ Tampa, SD, CAR, @ NYJ, @ Pitt, NE, @ Buff, NYJ

Take a look at that picture, and please, show me logically how you can pick any one of those teams that have any better of a chance at getting the WC then we do.

27. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Well, I understand that, but the thread is about the fact that we would be mathematically a half game out of the last playoff spot if we win tonight. My point is, that's great in theory but to actually make that spot we're going to have to lose no more than two of our last 8 games. I just haven't seen the kind of play from our team that shows me we can do that.

ASOT likes this.
  28. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    Mostly because I don't believe the Dolphins will win more than 3 more games this season.

29. vt_dolfan

And our point is...when you look at the other teams we are competing against....where have you seen play that any of them will do it. We are ALL up and down. Not one team fighting for a playoff spot, is playing better then us. And actually...when you look at our losses. We have played better then all of them.

30. vt_dolfan

But..why? I mean...are you using astrological projection? Where are you basing this on? Tea Leaves?

31. vt_dolfan

The other thing...is everyone has anointed the Chiefs the division.

But look at their remaining games...2 against Denver, 2 against SD, 1 against IND, @ Wash, and @ Oak.

Yeh there defense is playing good, but what offensive juggernaut have they shut down? None. They havent really played any.

So..dont be suprised if both WCs are in play

32. Rick 1966

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I disagree completely. Have you watched other teams? San Diego and KC are playing much better than us and are going to snag those wildcard spots, if KC doesn't win the West outright, in which case Denver will snag it.

ASOT likes this.
  33. JonnyRadioPhin

Oct 20, 2011
    Boston
    :up::up:

34. vt_dolfan

San Diego and KC are playing much better?

Really...the same KC that beat Houston by one point? And yeh that 24-6 dismantling of Jac by San Diego. Very Impressive.

Never mind the fact that both of them play each other twice...

And they each play Denver twice...

Oh yeh...and San Diego has to come to the east coast to play the Phins...AFTER their game against Denver.

35. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    How they are playing, the confidence they have in each other, and what looks like might be a coaching change in the middle of the season if they lose tonight and then manage to lose to Tampa (which can happen, remember they lost at home to Buffalo with a 4th string QB)

36. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    Tennessee's schedule is ridiculously easy. If Locker comes back, I might favor them.

37. vt_dolfan

You might, and it wouldnt seem far fetched to do so. But..I dont think they really have any better chance then we do. Its a top heavy AFC with a bunch of up and down teams muddled in the middle. Im predicting KC ends up muddled here as well.

So...we have just as good a shot as any of them. Season starts tonight.

Tenn still plays Ind 2 times, and Denver. I look at our schedule and I dont see one game I would circle as a win or a loss.

38. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Considering they play Indianapolis twice and Denver... they'll go 9-7 if they win games they "should" win.

I'm starting to think a 9-7 team may get that #6 seed anyways...

39. vt_dolfan

And how would we look against them in a Tie breaker?

40. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well if Tennessee lost against Indianapolis twice and Denver but won their other games, they would have a 7-5 conference record.

We currently have a 2-3 conference record so we could only lose 2 in-conference games.

Our common opponents (next tiebreaker) are Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York Jets, and San Diego.

This is looking way too far ahead though... we need to win tonight for starters.