1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barry Jackson Sports Buzz

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Patriots coach Bill Belichick weighed in on the Dolphins today, in advance of Sunday’s game in New England. And as always, he made them sound like a perennial powerhouse.

But in between all the plaudits, he gave a few insightful answers, including this about where specifically Ryan Tannehill has improved:

“I’d say overall he looks like he’s much better at seeing the field and using all of his players in the passing game whereas maybe last year I think there were times where it seemed like he was more locked in to either one side or one guy. Now, I think his vision has definitely improved, his accuracy, particularly on the outside throws.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...sley-heat-chatter-um-notes.html#storylink=cpy

Generally speaking, Belichick is so full of sh** when it comes to talking about other teams that you should smell him a mile away, Brady's the same. Boy does he put it on thick- one of the few, or maybe the only, thing that he said which was negative in this b.s. fest was that Tannehill tended to lock on to a receiver or a side last year. When Bellichick says that in one of his bi-yearly butter-up-the-opponent fests, you know that it has to be true, a given. Otherwise he wouldn't say it and risk the insult and motivation of his opponent.

This is a classic:

On the struggling o-line: “Look, everybody has plays that they’d like to have back that aren’t perfect, but I think overall those guys have given them, that offensive line has given them a solid level of performance.” OK then.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...sley-heat-chatter-um-notes.html#storylink=cpy

What a complete load of crap, I wonder if Belichick laughs about these interviews when he gets home at night. Being respectful is one thing, but he plays opponent for fools to a certain extent. It's smart, he tries to diffuse motivation by complimenting and propping up opponents, but I can't help feeling that he's passive aggressively obnoxious. He takes it too far, Brady too, because they come across as generally insincere, as liars. In short, imo, they cross the line from being respectful of opponents to becoming flat out b.s. slingers. Maybe slinging too much b.s. is the cause of Brady's shoulder being on the injury report every week. "Probable".

Kucha, SICK and Ducken like this.
  2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    BB is buttering his toast .We need to make sure he chokes on it.:nutkicker:

ToddPhin and Kucha like this.
  3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    We only had Hartline and Bess on the outside last season. Matthews was used sparingly around the end of the season. Fasano at TE was usually a 6th blocker. So yeah, Tannehill was definitely looking for Hartline or Bess each game... lol...

Translation: "Please don't make any changes that would prevent us from killing Tannehill."

Can't wait to see what Rex has to say about the Fins when we face the stej... ;-)

4. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    It's Patronizing, but it's not a bad way to prepare.

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Well... Philbin said earlier in the week that we need to be perfect to beat the Pats. We should have that mindset for every game.

ToddPhin and maynard like this.
  6. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I don't think even he knows what he is going to say until he says it. FWIW, he's been better this year.

7. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Yes, I think the past few season's of eating crow; beaks, talons, and all, has weakened his normally blustery constitution... :yes:

8. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    For his BS, as a Jets fan, I still want him as the coach. His clock management is abysmal, but I think he does a good job everywhere else. It will be interesting to see if he survives the off-season. If he becomes available, and doesn't land a HC job, what a steal it would be if you guys got him as DC. Just think of what he could do with your personnel. Damn.

MrClean and cuchulainn like this.
  9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'd take Rex. I've always thought he was a defensive genius, unlike his twin, and I like that he shoots from the hip and wears his heart on his sleeve, when he addresses the media or is interviewed. Supposedly, he was the Tuna's 2nd choice to the Pizza man as our head coach in 2008. I wish the Tuna would have went with his second choice.

10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I hate saying this, however Rex Ryan always seems to get the best out of his players. I do not think this Jets team should be 4-3. I think talent wise, especially with a rookie quarterback they could be a 1-6 team. However Rex Ryan always has his players playing hard and solid.

Anyone who can take Mark Sanchez and get one game away from the Super Bowl is impressive. I would be excited if he became Miami's defensive coordinator. Jets would be fools to let him go.

Their GM, they might consider getting a new one.

MrClean likes this.
  11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I agree, though I keep this heresy to myself.

12. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Poor guy hasn't even been on the job a year yet! You must be thinking of Tannenbaum, and they canned him after last season. Idzick is new and had a decent first draft.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I didn't realize Tannenbaum has been fired.

14. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Yeah. He took the heat for last year and the Tebow disaster. Thrown under the bus.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk