1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Sec.126's Season Recap

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Section126, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I am calling this the "Season Recap" because for all intents and purposes, the season is over (Heavy Sarcasm..but with a nervous giggle).

There was one game on the entire schedule where they were gonna be the biggest favorites....at home....completely healthy (relatively).....against a 3rd string quarterback from Hialeah Miami lakes (he was a terrible HS QB BTW...got a scholarship to Duke..flourished...)..and....they blew it. Why?

Here's why:

. Our QB, who we have sunk so many hopes into apparently used the bye week to paint the guest bathroom at his wife's behest..or maybe took that car for 4 new tires....or maybe he helped plant a nice spice garden with his wife. Because he sure didn't spend it on preparation and improvement. This man played that first half (most of it) as if he had a bet on the Bills. Bad Read...followed by a bad pass...followed by a bad decision...followed by bad body language. At one point..I wondered.."Oh no..don't tell me this is happening again...We need ANOTHER QB?"

. Hey! There is Mike Wallace! Nice of you to join us! You didn't get led correctly there buddy...but we will work this out! I Promise! Hey Mike...Mike...Mike...MIKE? Where he go? Oh.....can't throw it to himself. Hey Mike..stop running past people......

. Cam Wake's Vaginosis is a serious problem. or that Knee Injury was much more serious than they led on. Dion Jordan..as advertised...at least something good is happening in this current cluster**** of a stretch.

. And Now the Go-to play for teams facing a hopeless 3rd and 17 is obviously a screen pass for 22 yards. The evolution in play calling is amazing. I was completely fooled! I mean..it's 3rd and 17...and you run a screen pass? Nice job Buddy, I never seen that before (Extreme Sarcasm).

. The Kansas City Chief Front 4 is getting called the new Fearsome Foresome. Why isn't ours? Oh..that's because Kevin Coyle is an incompetent, Vanilla, douchebag. A little harsh? He is wasting MILLIONS of dollars of Defensive talent in the most vanilla flex schemes that belong in the 1990's.

. So let me tell you a story....the Colts run Heyward Bay across the formation in motion but stop him at the tackle....this causes Champ Bailey to move to the inside man and ask for new identified matchups...BUT...Heyward Bay is not lining up on the opposite side of the formation...he is coming right back as Luck runs PA and gives the play a screen look on the right side...except that he throws it back to Bay...who is now alone as Champ Bailey basically blocked himself by moving himself onto a blocker. Touchdown. Creative. Where is that in our game?

. Holly ****! Thigpen ran this thing back!....but didn't score....

. We can't get 25 yards in 30 seconds to setup a measly 47 yard FG. Oh well...but we can sure go for broke on the best looking over throw in Dolphin history. Oh jeez Hartline..why couldn't you find a scooter or a dirtbike to hop on at the 30 yard line so you can catch up to that one?

The problem is that throw gets made by few QB's and none of them are named Manning, Brady or Brees. I say Aaron Rodgers, RG3, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, and Russell Wilson do it. Our guy is evidently not one of these guys.

Hailmary time? Oh jeez. Has it really come to this? Oh wait...what a play by Tanny. Catch it Brandon Gibson. Simple as that. You got position...and you misjudged the ball. You judge it right..you catch it, because afterall, you were playing against a putrid and incompetent football team that was hoping you guys would beat them.

I refuse to mention Tyson Clabo. Cut him. Enough.

Dolphins Football. Same ****..Different Laxative.

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    That's a 30 second skim I won't get back.

Suggesting that the season is over 6 games in at .500 is asinine, even half jokingly. Losing to the Bills sucks a lot, but this is where a lot of fairly optimistic outlooks at the team at this point.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    The coaching staff had some BS excuse of Wake being 100% but they didn't want to give him all those snaps right away. Dion Jordan doesn't play many snaps either.

All season we put some of the best QB's on the field first when we defer the kickoff. This time we don't want Thad Lewis on the field first?? I have no idea what our coaches are doing.

4. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    but you commented. I did not suggest the season is over. I was making fun of those that suggest that the season is over.

BTW, I read your "recap". Nice analysis there chief.

finyank13 likes this.
  5. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Oh..and Mike Wallace is apparently stupid. Forgot to add that.

6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I could be wrong but it looked like Hartline had no idea what was happening on that overthrow

7. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Looked like he was expecting the ball to be over his outside shoulder toward the sideline. When the ball was released, it looked like it was going toward his inside shoulder. The ball ended up pretty much directly over his head, not toward one shoulder or the other. I think the placement was as bad as the overthrow.

8. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I'd have to see it again and I'm not trying to excuse the pass at all. You may be right that the placement was worse because Hartline cost himself a couple of steps trying to track it

9. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Didn't we have six seconds on that fourth down hail mary... ? I haven't seen this mentioned but why in the world did we not throw a quick out to one of the underneath guys on the right side of the field? We throw that first down pass to Wallace, quick out... do you know how many seconds that took off the clock? FOUR. We had SIX seconds... not TWO or THREE. Of course Tannehill probably would have gotten sacked in the less than 2 seconds it takes for someone to make the cut on the out route.

Also... I don't point the finger at the defensive coaches as much as the ones on the other side of the ball. The screen passes are depressing though... one of our guys needs to find the running back on 3rd and long and tackle him before he gets out into space and catches the ball. Zach Thomas could still make that play today.

10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's the same rubbernecking phenomena that causes back-ups near traffic accidents that have pulled off the road.

Seriously, Vaginosis?

11. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    We just lost 3 in a row. The lastest coming off a bye, at home, against Thaddeus Lewis and the running back less Bills. Make fun of me all you want. But this season is done. We aren't winning 6 or 7 more games this season that's for sure. No playoffs = season over.

finyank13 likes this.
  12. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Vaginosis. A Disease brought upon by fear of further injuring what is in essence a "cured" or rehabilitated Injury. More Mental than Physical.

OR

He is injured.

13. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    But again...I listed what I believe to be the guys that can make that throw....You don;t think that Tanny is ANY of those guys do you?

14. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Definitely not.

15. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    You agree with the list?

BTW..did you guys see that the Jets beat the Patriots?

I think I care too much. I am unreasonably angry at this.

finyank13 and BicketyBam like this.
  16. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Maybe add Kaepernick to the list. Philip Rivers on a good day. Thats about it.

finyank13 and Section126 like this.
  17. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Case Keenum :couch:

18. OkiePhin

OkiePhin Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Also I swear I saw a bills defender covering Hartline wearing a cast. WTF?

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Also see: Rose, Derrick.

phintasmic, SICK, dolfan32323 and 2 others like this.
  20. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    The Hartline overthrow was a ball you expect big time QB's to make. However, once again, he was being rushed heavily, moving up in the pocket throwing off one leg. It wasn't ideal to make a wonderful throw. I just expect him to give Hartline a chance.

When does the coaching take a little bit of heat? Cam Wake wasn't in the game because Philbin said that was there decision. Tyson Clabo was playing at RT because they believe he's the best guy they have. Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller keep sharing carries and they've yet to understand "who has the hottest hand". For me, this game was so disappointing because it was double impact. Ryan Tannehill played poor, other than 3 drives. He played poor. We missed tackles at important times. And of course the offensive line showed it's ugly head at the worst time. But, we come out of a bye, at home, against an inferior opponent and we go down 14 points immediately? We lose that game? I'm sorry. The coaching staff needs to take some brunt too. They're stubborn & un-flexible. It's irritating.

SICK, dolfan22 and Finfangirl like this.
  21. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    I think it's worth pointing out that many of the top QBs in the league play like absolute garbage for large stretches in the game and make up for it. Guys like Flacco and Ben come to mind. I have seen many Steelers and Ravens victories where the QB only has 3 good drives in the whole game. Idk. I might be turning into an apologist, but I also have to wonder where our standards should be

22. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    About the worst thing that could happened did in NJ yesterday.....

Brady is pissed, BB is STILL *****ing about that penality and they lost.....now they play Miami this week up here.....

They are going to stick a blowtorch up Miami's anus....

23. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Regression to the mean.

24. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    I like the list section.... But, I really believe this is on Philbin. Every week we come out flat, and have to make halftime adjustments, that should really have been installed to begin with. He's responsible for everyone being ready, for coaches getting their guys ready and for play schemes and I just don't see how he's succeeding. Maybe it's too much responsibility, maybe he's a better coordinator, maybe he's too stubborn to make changes. I understand that coaches don't play, but these guys look like they've been handed keys to a Porsche with no wheels.

cuchulainn, SICK, evz and 1 other person like this.
  25. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Yeah I mean Tanny should not have thrown that ball by any means, but we come out in the 1st possession and the Bills DB knows exactly what the play is? Then we have the balls to run it again

Finfangirl likes this.
  26. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Nah, we're still in it.

27. Caps

Caps Movimiento Juvenil

Mar 23, 2008
    I'm starting to agree with you and it kills me. Philbin let Sherman call a pass on 2nd and 8. That playcall is the reason we're not 4-2 right now, and the buck stops with Philbin.

28. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    F*** Them. The way they have played this season, I think they're scared s***less that they'll lose to us. More pressure on them IMO.

I expect us to come into that game pissed off as well. Hopefully we see the same effort and execution that we demonstrated in the Colts game.

Junkyard Dog and Paul 13 like this.
  29. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    So, I just listened to Philbin's presser and it irritated the hell out of me. Deep down, you're looking for reasons to blame, and just was holding this idea that Philbin was a problem down. But, the presser just did it for me.

It upsets me that the players had a predetermined about of snaps - Jordan & Wake specifically. If those players are healthy, which the player and coach confirmed, how can you not feel those players (graded by scouts, PFF, pundits, and passing the eye test) give you the best chance to win? Or that in certain situations shouldn't be on the field? It's like if a pitcher has a 100 pitch count, depending on the situation you may forgo that number and allow them 107 pitches to get out of the inning. There is just no flexibility there.

I'm also beginning to question if Joe Philbin and his coaches ACTUALLY KNOW the players that give them the best chance to win. I don't think they do.

Paul 13, Finfangirl and cuchulainn like this.
  30. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Maybe it's just me, but if my best players are able to go - they are out there. Pre-game predetermined snap count be damned. Football is always situational.

Finfangirl likes this.
  31. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I have to believe that those players aren't 100% and that is why they have a rep count. No way are they 100%, Wake especially. He has been nowhere near as dominant as he usually is since the knee injury.

32. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Personally don't know why that throw to Hartline has become a sticking point.

He was pressured because Tyson Clabo was once again getting his own *** handed to him. He had to step up and make a pressured throw on the move as a defensive tackle was laying right into him.

I don't believe any quarterback makes that throw in that situation consistently. Median completion percentages when under pressure are about 46%. Do you imagine that percentage is going to go up, or down, if you were to isolate pressured throws 40+ yards down the field? I'm going to say quarterbacks make that throw maybe one time in five generally speaking, and some of the best ones out there make that throw maybe one time in three.

It's too bad Tannehill hasn't shown us the ability to make an incredible throw on the move under heavy pressure in a critical situation yet this season. What's that you say about the very last game the team played prior to this one? Something about 4th & 10? Oh...

33. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Tannehill sucks should cut him, I told you Moore was better!!!!!! (Rolling eyes)

34. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I am done arguing with ARM chair qbs its pointless we overanalize everything. RT can't make that throw that was overthrown to hartline. nope neither would 29 other qbs getting hit as they threw.

Like I said RT has improving to do, he is in 2nd year. He may not make it but I swear some can't wait for a bad play, a bad game to say "see I told you I was right"

35. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    That was my point. I contend there is only a handful of QB's even capable of that throw. But Dolphin fans I spoke to yesterday were freaking out about it.

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    His ability to escape pressure on the last two throws of the games were an amazing throw away from being a heroic play that will go down in the history of the NFL. Especially on breaking two tackles on the hail mary.

37. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Yes, too bad our WRs didn't make the same level of effort to catch the damn thing. All 3 were out positioned by the Bills DBs.

38. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Chances of making the catch was so small. Gibson was in position to try, Wallace was there for the freakish bounce forward and Hartline was in position for the bounce back. Bills did a good job of wapping it down.

39. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't agree with the way you're thinking about it though, in terms of who can make that throw and who can't. By the way I have seen Brady and Peyton make that throw in that situation several times.

All I'm saying is nobody makes that throw consistently. Like I said, the BEST quarterbacks at executing in those circumstances probably make that throw on one out of three attempts. Tannehill just made several incredible throws like that in the Baltimore game. Missing one in the next game does not suddenly un-member him from any kind of exclusive club of QBs that can make that throw.

40. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That hail mary was stupefying how he was able to get away from that pressure.

And also stupefying how incredibly quickly the pocket collapsed on a four-man rush on a play where the offensive linemen had to know they needed to give Tannehill at least 3 seconds to wind up and throw that ball.