1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All a Dolphins fans...Serious question for you....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cdnfinfan, Oct 20, 2013.

1. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Do you guys EVER watch any other teams play besides the dolphins?

i swear most of you only ever watch dolphins games and completely lack perspective in respect to our players in the nfl.

i read this board daily, and take part in game day threads every week(mostly reading) and it always seems like our players are always the worst, our coaches suck, everything about his franchise in trash,etc

I especially laugh when I hear ppl talking about how tannehill is trash after throwing a pick 6 like Brady didn't do the same thing today.

bad plays happen, it sucks but what makes a great player a great player is how they comeback, and today thill brought the team back and had a lead late in the fourth.

but I digress, the main point of this thread is that it seems like some of you guys need to watch other teams play more often. You will see great defences make bad plays. You will see great qbs throwing ints
    you will even see questionable play calls by other ocs and dcs

our team is young, our starters are young and learning. Our head coach is still learning how to be a head coach but improving.

we aren't far off from being a really good team. A few players and we are there. We were never gonna win the Super Bowl this year. So let's stop acting like bad games are the end of the world.

i was devastated today after that horrible call on 2nd that resulted in the fumble. I don't really care for Sherman at all. But I don't think this team is terrible.

an still, let's put this in to perspective most of you would have been happy to be 3-3 right now.

Lets just think about it this way, if we were 2-3 going in to this game and won to make it 3-3 I guarantee most of you would be happy right now.

2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I watched the Pats game, and Brady sucked today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

cdnfinfan and SICK like this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    You're right, we aren't far off from being a good team, but I'd start with a new RT.
    I spout it all the time what you're preaching.
    and I disagree with the other thread. Yes, Tannehill started off pretty crappy, but he played pretty damn well the rest of the game. so did the defense.

cdnfinfan likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I can only speak for myself, I do watch a **** ton of NFL, every time slot I record one game and fast forward through it (just looking at the plays, not the in between parts). This isn't college football, where the good teams DOMINATE and the bad teams get DOMINATED. Most NFL games, there's a series of like 10 plays per game that determine who wins or loses because MOST teams are close to one another in talent and quality. Today, for us vs the Bills, we lost the majority of those plays and that's why we lost. Specifically the turnover battle is always huge. Making mistakes on special teams (Don Jones) is always huge. Penalties negating positive plays can be huge. Missing tackles at the most inopportune of times (Wheeler at the end of the game) can be huge.

cdnfinfan likes this.
  5. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Yeah, I watched 5 other Bills games and the opposing team put up more than the 21 points we did against them.

Basically, the Bills defense best game of the season was today. How's that for perspective?

6. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Definitely need a new rt, that is something that can't wait. If we don't fix that right away we might as well just throwin. The towel. Defences are watching this and are just licking their chops at facing that pilon.

7. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    With a good OL this would be a decent team IMO.Yes Tanny hangs on to the ball too long .Yes the RBs and TEs are not great blockers but those weaknesses would be masked by with an adequate OL play.

Also our deep passing game would me more effective with adequate OL play IMO.

As it is our OL is not good enough to overcome those weaknesses thus I think we will have to wait another year for that area to be addressed.

8. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    It doesn't matter how many points the opponent put up. Every game they played minus one they were withing one score. So it's not like they are a horrible team

they could have easily beat New England and even Cincy.

My point is, do you only watch one or two teams? When you compare them to ours?

9. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I watch several games per week and never miss a dolphins game, but Tannehill is trash. To compare him to Brady is laughable at best. One guy produces almost every game and wins, not lose games by stupid throws or fumbles. I said my piece and it grieves me but Tannehill is not a good qb.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I basically LOL at your piece, because it is ridiculous.

11. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I wasn't comparing the two players. Just the individual plays. My point is that even great players make bad decisions or bad throws.
    ive seen Brady throw plenty of them.
    ive seen him gift Zachary Thomas a td once.

if you don't think tannehill is a good qb then you must feel the same about at least 20 other qbs in the league. Cuz even in his second year he's playing better than most of them.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Lmfao. Man our ****ing fanbase makes me disgusted sometimes.

This is one of the guys chanting "Kyle orton" while henne was leading our team during a ****ing scrimmage. Makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

13. Kingtut561

Kingtut561 New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    West Palm Beach Fl,
    Interesting

Nice try! I'm watching the Colts/Denver its like a different kind of football.:tongue2: Yes, mistakes happen but our Dolphins have a special way of making mistakes and disappointing. We are so prone to shooting ourselves in the foot and losing in EPIC fashion that it's common knowledge in my city! I am from Florida and we have people who make a killing every year betting Dolphin fans. I haven't placed bet on this years team yet, (and I love to gamble) because I was waiting to see if this was real. I can't count on the dolphins nor do I trust them "Same ol' same, with a little twist". My Home girl asked me last night "what do you think going to happen tomorrow?" After laughing for a minute or so I replied "I don't know, you never know with us". Guess I was right...still SMH

14. Gunner

Gunner Rock Hunter

Jan 5, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    I watch all Miami games and the Sunday/Monday/Thursday niters ... it usually takes until those late games for me to cool down enough after a Miami's :lol:

15. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Watch plenty of other games. I watch games to see how some of the other professional teams do it. crappy teams always pass us up when we are suppose to
    be up and coming, too be honest I give Tannehill 1 more season. fix the O-line, bye bye Sherman and possible Coyle 1 more as well

16. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    so long ago we won the division, Sparano 1st year, overachieved maybe, Brady gone for the season. wow, seems like eternity

17. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posted this in another thread...

Comparing QBs, ALL the AFC QBs struggled today. Tannehill was actually the best - after the opening drive.

[TABLE="class: cms_table_mod-data"]
    [TR]
    [TH="align: center"][/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]C/ATT[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]YDS[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]AVG[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]TD[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]INT[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]SACKS[/TH]
    [TH="align: center"]RTG[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: cms_table_even"]
    [TD="align: left"]R. Tannehill[/TD]
    [TD]19/37[/TD]
    [TD]194[/TD]
    [TD]5.2[/TD]
    [TD]3[/TD]
    [TD]2[/TD]
    [TD]2-21[/TD]
    [TD]71.2[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TD="align: left"]T. Brady[/TD]
    [TD]22/46[/TD]
    [TD]228[/TD]
    [TD]5.0[/TD]
    [TD]0[/TD]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]4-23[/TD]
    [TD]29.5[/TD]
    [TD]53.5[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TD="align: left"]G. Smith[/TD]
    [TD]17/33[/TD]
    [TD]233[/TD]
    [TD]7.1[/TD]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]4-27[/TD]
    [TD]38.9[/TD]
    [TD]71.9[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TD="align: left"]T. Lewis[/TD]
    [TD]21/32[/TD]
    [TD]202[/TD]
    [TD]6.3[/TD]
    [TD]0[/TD]
    [TD]1[/TD]
    [TD]4-24[/TD]
    [TD]70.1[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

The protection was much improved today, but unfortunately was at it's worst when we needed them most...

18. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Yeah, I watch a lot of other games, so I can see what successful NFL franchises look like.

19. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    You can't call Tannehill trash and you can't call him a franchise QB either like some people have as well. He's been inconsistent...but in this month long losing streak he hasn't been the big problem. But he's also not as good as a Brady to put too much on his shoulders. There is also that flipside of people acting like Tannehill was better than or as good as Luck after we beat Indy, which isn't true. Luck is better and the Colts would probably beat us 7 out of 10 times. Tannehill is not bad yet, he's not great yet, but we'll find out which he is closer to as we watch more games.

But this organization is especially frustrating. We've watched all but 4 teams (Cleveland, Detroit, Buffalo, Cincy?) win a playoff game since Miami last did. So its hard to blame frans for freaking out when organizations like Arizona, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, the Jets, etc have been more successful the past decade while the Dolphins just seem to stay in the same place besides their one tease (2008) of a season. So it should be understandable.

20. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    My complaint is that I just want to see some consistancy from Tannehill. We got it from the first three games of the season...He played like crap in New Orleans, bounced back against Baltimore, and played a bad half and a good half today. We are going to be 3-4 by the end of next Sunday and thats fine with me, but I want to see consistancy from Tannehill. Mike Wallace 5-76 today...Not bad...not great but not bad...He needs to do it again next week.

21. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    yes, I have 6 games playing at 1 pm every Sunday [2 on TVs and the other 4 online on Sunday Ticket Max]..... Then I have all the 4 pm games going. Plus Sunday, Mon, Thurs night. So I'm well aware of what the rest of the league looks like, and by watching all these games I'm well aware that this is a good Miami team that's been playing sloppily down to our level of competition lately and should be 5-1.

22. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    Yea we all watch plenty of games.. And I'm excited about 3-3 and feel like we can beat anyone if we clean up the self inflected wounds...

23. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    what's laughable is you calling Tannehill trash. shows you know nothing at all. When we went into Indy and the Oline gave him a little more time, he outplayed A Luck who has since beaten San Fran and now is beating Denver. Our Oline breaks down in critical situations and that is what cost us the last two games.

24. joenhre

joenhre Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Miami,FL
    I know that it's going to hurt you when you lose two straight home games (one that you had two weeks to prepare for) against average teams. Also losing to a Division foe at home, one that has a Rookie 2nd string QB starting and a banged up backfield is inexcusable.

25. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    *beat Seattle too*

We didn't play sloppy against Indy like we have the past few weeks.

26. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Tannehill is bad now? Lol. oh man. Some people need to step away and go outside or something.

27. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    And the only AFCE QB not to throw a pick 6 today? Thad Lewis. His INT was caught by Clemmons, who never catches an INT.

Tannehill, Brady, and Smith all threw pick 6's today. Any other QBs?

28. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Playing sloppy is the responsibility of who?

29. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I'm sorry but after just over 20 games Tannehill has shown that he's nothing more than a mediocre quarterback, the stats say it and the win/loss record says it.

30. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    So a season and a quarter of a season determines what QB will turn out to be?

31. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    coaches 65% players 35%??

32. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    No, all I'm saying is that it's not looking good.

33. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Based on what? Andrew Luck's success? Tannehill has been more than solid save for this game's first half. He has looked every bit the part.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Ok..so..where do you wanna go from here?

We've played two sloppy games at home, one coming after the bye, do you feel that one of the responsibilities of a head coach is to light a fire under their teams *** pregame ?

35. Serpico Jones

Feb 1, 2012
    Based on his stats and record which are both a mediocrity.

36. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    somewhat..... but I also feel they could have a better fire lit under their asses from a more exciting & enjoyable offensive game plan. That's why I hate being depleted of playmakers. At least with playmakers you can scheme up low-risk ways to get them extra opportunities to do damage on their own end.

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The serious question is why did the GM think these two tackles were good enough..

They weren't..Clabo wasn't, and I watched all his snaps to make that determination, Martin, hell no, hated the pick..said it a million times, Andrew luck made that dude money..

I wouldn't have taken any lineman in the first with DJ, Richardson, or Eifert on the board, but the evaluation of those two tackles going in were real bad TP.

It's debilitating to the offense and the development of the Qb, especially if your gonna run this offense.

Hiruma78 likes this.
  38. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    We have playmakers now. We can't use that excuse anymore. This falls squarely on the shoulders of 3: Mike Sherman, the offensive line and Ryan Tannehill.

Sherman needs to start calling a better game. One that isn't bland and predictable. The offensive line needs to protect better and open up lanes for the running backs (:deadhorse:) and Tannehill needs to take better care of the football.

39. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    How bout dem Noles?? :)

40. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Really? So who can we throw a 50-50 ball to or even a fade or semi jump ball in tight coverage and be confident in completing the pass? There's NO WAY this team is converting a hail mary. Who can we throw a quick pass to and let him straight up run over or juke a DB? What are we doing with our running backs out of the backfield? 99% of what we're doing revolves around straight-up execution rather than incorporating a little bit of sandlot football that involves the pure naturalness of the game where we're letting the PLAYERS themselves do damage against the opponent.

I agree Mike Sherman needs to be more creative & unpredictable but the offense still needs an uptick in playmaking ability.