1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When are individuals going to be held accountable for inconsistent play?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dullfandan, Oct 20, 2013.

1. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    Coach seem to always deflect this question referring to the old saying, "I have to review the tape"... Why is it so bad to jes say "I won't tolerate inconsistent play"...

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Because the kicking and screaming about accountability that goes on in this message board has very little to do with good football operations.

3. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If something doesn't happen at RT, I'm calling for everyone's head. Philbin, Ireland, Sherman, he'll, coyly too why not

4. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    There's a difference in message board bickering and an organization cutting losses with a player or sitting him down or even some one on one time to get said player refocused.. Us as fans want to start over every year with new coaches and players which is complete ludicrous... But if a player is not good, why do teams say we will work on it and pat the guy on his back.. In mlb if you don't produce you get sent down, in the nba if you can't play you sit, in the nfl it's a we win n lose as a team and he will get better or we will go down in flames with him...

5. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    The problem is he is our best option at RT. That blame goes to Jeff Ireland.

NolesNPhinsFan likes this.
  6. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    If he leads the league in a stat that he doesn't need to be leading the league in he should be sat down, the next guy can do that and might learn from his mistakes.. I understand that Williams is an elite player and for most of the day he was quite but you can't coach clutch and this guy clearly isn't even close to clutch.. Who says the next guy doesn't make a play when needed.. You will never know unless you try...

7. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    So wait a minute....you don't think Tyson Clabo's job is in jeopardy?

I think we see a new RT next Sunday, and I'll bet the coaches regret not making the move during the bye week

This, IMO, is a valid thread. Tyson Clabo was never held accountable for that atrocious 5 weeks of football. He will be come week 7......1 week too late

8. dullfandan

dullfandan Active Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Charlotte N.C.
    Let me clear the air, I'm not blaming "that player" for the loss. I'm jes chiming in on his inconsistencies and the fact that our leader has his back.. And probably will let him play thru this slump..

9. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    This is the Miami Dolphins we are talking about. When you find the , "good football operations", you are referring to, please let us all know. I think the , "good football operations", for the Dolphins, started and ended with the Don Shula era. Everything else since then has been anything but, "good football operations.