1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some wednesday practice notes..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 16, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dimitri Patterson is starting alongside grimes..

Ellerbe has missed three strait practices, Jenkins with the call up.

Clemons is practicing without limitation.

Ryan is the 9th best passer on third down with an over 90 qbr.

Dolphins defense doesn't feel like they have played their best....blaaaaaaaaaaah...yeah well freakin show me somethin...talkin asses.

Dolphins getting their customary Thursday off.

Philbin thinks Jenkins is developing very well.

These were from Omars tweeter account, couldn't copy and paste them, sorry.

Nice to see Patterson out there, last time we saw him he was all up in some brown ***..

Wish we could move Misi to middle and Jordan to outside linebacker and just drive along.

Maybe someone should show the dolphins defense those t shirts they were wearing preseason, some marine type sh&$..... Marines would be disappointed in how they have repped.

The message is clear this whole bye.." Fast start"... That's all I've heard for two weeks..lets do this...

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    People need to get over the Marines T-shirt thing.

3. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    To further off of DJ's post, here's some tidbits from James Walker's blog: http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins

Interesting that Jenkins was called up. The other day Omar pointed out that Jason Trusnik was manning the MLB spot. Yet, Ellerbe today says he plans on playing. We'll see. As far as it relates to the defense, I still think there are some schematic problems that Kevin Coyle needs to adjust versus players not executing.

HULKFish and Bpk like this.
  4. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    wait what?

jegol71, PhinGeneral and MrClean like this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Jenkins is a different player from Ellerbe or Trusnik, more of an athlete with lots of range.

To me, he's a natural coverage Lb who is going to struggle shedding blocks

HULKFish likes this.
  6. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I suppose it makes more sense against Buffalo; lots of quick guys, plus Lewis and Spiller are both pretty shifty out of the backfield. I'll still hold out hope Ellerbe plays though.

HULKFish and CrunchTime like this.
  7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    That's not hard to get around. Put Shelby at RE, Odrick/Starks at RDT and move Wheeler inside.

8. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    I liked what I saw from Jenkins out there but I think I'm going to like it a lot more in a couple of years when he is starting alongside Ellerbe and Wheeler is gone.

I think Patterson will help but moreso I'm excited to see wake and Jordan on the field at the same time for extended time.

9. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Piggy-backing off of that, that's one of the unfortunate things as it relates to this draft class. Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor, and Dallas Thomas were all coming off injuries heading toward training camp. Then Will Davis got hurt toward the end of preseason. That's the first 4 picks in the whole class. As it sits now, we've at least gotten some contributions from Dion Sims, Jelani Jenkins, and Don Jones. Caleb Sturgis looks like he'll be the kicker for quite some time. I think the 2013 class as a whole might end up being better than the 2012 class.

Consider, by the start of next season, you could have Dion Jordan, Jamar Taylor, and Dallas Thomas starting. You could be getting solid contributions from Sims, Jenkins, Sturgis, Davis and Don Jones. Mike Gillislee is the only question mark.

Where as with the 2012 class, B.J. Cunningham and Kheeston Randall are already gone. Josh Kaddu has been inactive for the most part. Michael Engew is still learning. Lamar Miller I think is still a question mark. Jonathan Martin and OV are starters...but should they be? I think that's an honest question. Of course, the continued ascension of Ryan Tannehill could trump everything else.

gunn34, Bpk and GMJohnson like this.
  10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

What you mean by we?? I never saw Patterson having anal sex with anyone. Where did you see this? Are you a voyeur?

Killer Bees likes this.
  11. MrClean

IMO, Martin has shown modest improvement this year so far, while playing the tougher left side. I think he still has a decent chance of ascending. OV has improved too over the past 3 games, so have some hopes for him being a solid contributor for a few years. Miller just needs to be fed the rock much more often, instead of wasting carries on Thomas.

gunn34, the 23rd and cuchulainn like this.
  12. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Your going to be waiting a long time for that one. Ellerbe is always nicked up and hasn't been effective pass rushing. Where as Wheeler's the 5th most productive pass rusher at his spot and 4th at run stop %. Ellerbe is near dead last at run stop %, Bottom 1/3rd in pass rush productivity, tackling efficiency. Coverage he barely cracks the top 20. He's the LB that needs to show a lot more.

13. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    lol we all know MrClean appreciates "some brown ***". You go from that to Rodger from Doug Funny? I'm dissapointed.

14. MrClean

I don't want to do any rodgering with Doug, as the pitcher or the catcher. Perhaps I am confused by your meaning.

Killer Bees likes this.
  15. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    :lol: yes, yes you are

16. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Nice to have Patterson back. I like seeing Jenkins playing in nickel and dime packages.

I initially thought the same thing when contemplating Ellerbe's absence. Just move Misi to the middle and throw Jordan on the outside. He'll play, so it's a moot point, but I'm glad they're prepared for it.

Bpk likes this.
  17. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I was a huge fan of Jenkins when he was drafted. Linebacker with speed and athleticism. Glad to see him showing enough to be getting an opportunity. He is only 21 years old too. Plenty of room to grow.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Bees....I have no idea what your talking bout, I was just talking about Pattersons first game against the browns..lol

19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    A HUGE fan huh Rocky, what'd you see there coming out of college?

20. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    lolol I know I know, I was referring to MrCleans old sig's with all the fine brown women. And In his sig now I think Johnny U looks like Rodger from the show Doug Funny in that picture.

So that was your quote about Patterson not Omar's lol even funnier.

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol, ok gotcha, is that even johnny u in that pic? Kinda just doesn't look right.

22. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I went to UF and watched many of good games live so I'll chime in. Jelani was a great linebacker for us, I'd suggest he was better than Bostic who is currently starting for Chicago. What hurt Jelani was injuries as he was banged up a lot, but he is a guy who will always play through an injury if he can. Played several games with a cast like club. As for his abilities, he seemed to always be in position to make a play. This plays into how well he can drop into coverage. I think I remember Will Muschamp saying at times they would use him like a safety. He was often in position to make interceptions. Unfortunately he struggles with holding on to them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

gunn34 and HULKFish like this.
  23. MrClean

I do not know a show called Doug Funny, and therefore a character named Rodger, hence my confusion regarding your previous post.

24. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah, it makes sense to have Jenkins in on 3rd down, with DJ. Maybe even use this on running downs if there are any containment issues. Trusnik is definitely not a runner.