1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Christopher Columbus was Adolph Hitler....

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Then Bartolomé de las Casas was Oskar Schindler

[​IMG]

I think that this part at the end of the site was equally important

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Completely unrelated, but the oatmeal is so full of ****. It's like neckbeard crack.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I like the oatmeal cartoons. HOwever, he pissed me off with his tesla vs edison cartoon lol Hard for me to take much of what he says seriously anymore.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What were the inaccuracies? (Not arguing, I honestly don't know.)

anlgp likes this.
  5. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Not sure if he has any inaccuracies. I do think his narrative seemed to paint edison as an over the top devil and tesla as some sort of saint. In other words it comes off as rhetoric rather then completely honest.

6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Hypothetically, if the facts he listed were true, then is it rhetoric? Again, I don't really know, I've heard both sides in the past.

7. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    you can paint facts in other lights. So, yes it can be rhetoric.

8. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Fin D likes this.
  9. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

I spent a great deal of time around both of Edison's homes in NJ and FL so hearing about him was common. By most accounts he was an extremely intense and somewhat humorless individual who engendered either great loyalty or intense dislike. It is not a coincidence that he should be a hard subject for biographies and "factual" accounts. Likewise Tesla was something of an extreme eccentric. Both had egos as large as their IQ's. The battle between which should deserve credit for what will never end or be "solved" in my opinion.

As to the original point of this particular thread, I am less willing to demonize Columbus than some other students of the period. He was a rich combination of saint and sinner. Having said that de las Casas was indeed a remarkable figure and very much a man who was capable of seeing right and wrong in terms that were not as controlled by the societal norms of his time than others. William Wilberforce was another of those extraordinary people.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    amen

Ohiophinphan likes this.
  11. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I think the Oatmeal is hilarious. I don't really delve too much into Tesla / Edison and this kind of stuff. I more go for the bobcats, grammar, and any personal story he has. His house burned down when he was a kid and he made it a very humorous story, and he enjoys running and has a few cartoons about that, as well. Also, the pterodactyl song.

12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah I like him too. I just think in terms of some of his science and history its a bit hard for me to not second guest what he's saying.

anlgp likes this.
  13. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." Christopher Dawson

"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." G. K. Chesterton

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    What if Martha Stewart?