1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post HS Recruiting.

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by dolfan22, Oct 12, 2013.

1. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

MSDOLFAN has two football playing sons that are very talented and as I like to phrase it , also genetically blessed size wise. The older son is 6-4 and 220 lbs and the younger one is almost 6-2 and about 185 pounds . Both boys have a huge wingspan .

The older one is 18 and was recruited to play in BC for a program that has won several national junior championships. He had some interest from Canadian Universities and two juco programs from Minnesota ( we then lived just north in Winnipeg ) . By playing at the program in BC he has kept options open for next year. They play in the league championship next week and then likely play the Ontario team in the national playoff round.

The real question is for her younger son who is 15 and in grade 10. He was approached at a national U16 tournament in the summer to play in the same city as his older brother for a consistently dominant program . He lead the U16 tournament in tackles as a LB . He has become the first grade 10 starter for the team ever and imo is more focused and motivated than his older brother. Part of why the decision to move to BC was made because here they play American rules football as opposed to Canadian rules in all other areas of Canada .

His goal is to play at the next level in the US , I have told him that the JUCO avenue may be his/our best option and he is not against that at all. I know many of you on here have previous or current football coaching experience and contacts. Looking for input , direction on how to proceed and what steps to take at what time.

I have told him we can make information packages and dvd's as he gets older and forward that to the appropriate programs as I do know , especially at the JUCO level it is imperative you initiate this. Any advice or information will be much appreciated , and know there is a wealth of information held by posters here.

2. dolfan22

Update , older son is playing in the Canadian Bowl next weekend , the championship game for Canadian Junior Football , starting as an 18 year old at DE. They beat the team from Windsor Ontario , in Windsor 50-3. They play Regina in Regina and will be the underdog , but we all know being the underdog isn't a bad thing.

Younger one starts playoffs next week , they finished in first place and he lead the division in tackles as a grade ten 15 year old LB.

3. dolfan22

Another update , hoping to get some input from those in a position to offer insight or have been involved with this before.

HIGH SCHOOL championships were this last weekend in BC PLACE in Vancouver , pretty exciting and a very close game that ended positively in a win.

Youngest son was contacted by a former coach that is now affiliated with NCSA which is a program to provide resources , assistance to players and parents to help navigate the recruiting process.

Seems to be upfront and so far it doesn't appear to be a program to pull you in and then get you to pay for various programs. The contact was a former college coach as I mentioned with University of North Dakota . We used to live just north of there in WINNIPEG , so that is why he was matched to msdolfan's son #2 .

He is now based in Jacksonville and he had his second call tonight and I would term it his first session , as the first call was to review the process and get a feel for future goals.

Has anyone had experience with this program? As I mentioned Parker is in grade 10 so he is a couple years away but he did start all year and was the first grade 10 to do that for the school in their football history. They play American rules football in BC , ie 4 downs , smaller field etc. Quite a few players have gone from here south and this years top rated player's brother is at Arizona State and doing well.

Hopefully some insight from the knowledgeable football posters here to kind of give some direction , would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.