1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Malaria vaccine on course for 2015

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by padre31, Oct 10, 2013.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

http://www.newscientist.com/article...dium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer#.UlQDtmRgZ6I

Hmm, not a big fan of the link (it has SEO stuff in it) to me this is a positive development overall.

It also creates future challenges as the population grows it requires essentials, can the world feed itself with an exponentional growth in population?

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Double-edged sword IMO.

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    The world could feed itself if it stopped live meat production.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Indeed, I do think it is quite possible to make it happen, do also think Hawking was right, mass migration off world is in humanities best interests otherwise we shall otherwise be miserable together..

What is worse, population booms tend to also produce wars.

I see China's "one child" policy, and think there is going to be a horde of young men with absolutely no investment in their society as they have -0- chance of even finding a wife, let alone payoff for slaving away on low wages.

Such conditions make China ripe for revolution.

Sadly, we do live in interesting times

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Paired with regular use of treated malaria nets it should cut the incidence of malaria way down. Still a more effective vaccine is still needed.