1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mike Glennon

Discussion in '2013 GM League Forum' started by wakeupitsfootball, Oct 3, 2013.

1. wakeupitsfootball

wakeupitsfootball Master Pimp

Feb 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Looks like trading A.J Jenkins to Paul for 4.100 paid off. Mike Glennon was my pick at that spot and guess who's the Buccaneers starter now. Not to mention I picked Alex Smith over Kaepernick. And although Smith is now with the Chiefs, his team is sitting at 4-0. Credit Smith with minimal mistakes. I'm digging the decisions I made at the QB position for that team.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Just because you drafted the current Bucs starter doesn't mean it was a good pick. Someone probably has the Jags starter on their team for example. But the trade to Paul sure makes Paul look like a bit of a loser on that one.

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Ripping off Paul isn't necessarily an accomplishment. It's like outsmarting a turkey.

ToddPhin and Boik14 like this.
  4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    How's MJD and his $8.6M salary treating ya? :shifty: You weakened your Oline for that? You were set up for Eddie Lacy to take over.

Plus you traded Pierre Garcon, a 2nd, and your backup RB [Kendall Hunter] for Randall Cobb. That's an ankle grabber. Garcon is currently 5th in receptions and just shy of the top 10 in yards with 339. Having Garcon & Decker as your starters didn't need to be tinkered with.

You also cut 2 players you traded for [Ryan Pickett & Eric Wright].... plus San Fran's current starting nose tackle [if not injured].

In trading Kaepernick, you essentially netted Johnathan Hankins [2.33], Sylvester Williams [2.42], Margus Hunt [2.62], Greg Jennings, the unproven Melvin Ingram, Brandon Taylor, and Chris Gragg, but in the process tacked on $20 million to your salary cap, which includes the cost of staying with Alex Smith. Considering Ray McDonald, Isaac Sopoaga, and Derek Wolfe are firmly entrenched as a solid starting trio, your draft picks were overkill, making your return on Kaepernick poor. You basically traded a franchise QB for an expensive 30 year old WR coming off an injury and a few redundant rookie defensive linemen to compete with the competent ones you already have. You could've kept your best QB, saved yourself $20 million to use toward FA, and traded Alex Smith for a 2nd rounder to use on a single defensive lineman to compliment your trio. Considering Jennings' hefty $10.0M salary, he doesn't count toward the trade b/c you could've picked up Welker in FA w/o trading Kaep, and it would've saved you $5.0M overall which could've gone toward Dline depth which somewhat offsets one of those 2nd round linemen. Trading Alex Smith would've balanced out one of the other 2nd rounders. So when it's all said and done, it's like you traded Kaepernick for Johnathan Hankins, Melvin Ingram, Brandon Taylor, and Chris Gragg, which is a sucky trade, and keeping Smith over Kaepernick is even suckier. Just sayin.

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    wat? Jenkins 1 reception for six yards for the Chiefs isn't good enough to even out the trade? Hey he's still on the roster :shifty:

6. wakeupitsfootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    You have to remember that it was my first year doing this and I was taking over for you and the trades that you had made. Not too sure why you traded Frank Gore. But I had to go out and get someone and that someone was MJD. I still back up all the trades I made, even the ones where I cut Pickett and Wright (it was all part of wheeling and dealing). I didn't trade Kaepernick for Greg Jennings. That would be laughable. I traded for Greg Jennings with 1 of the 4 2nd round picks that I had.

It just sounds like you have an issue with me trading Kaepernick which would mean that this is a matter of opinion. Trading Kaepernick, a 3rd, 6th and 7th round pick for 7 players is fine with me. Kaepernick has yet to start 16 games in the NFL or a full season of football. I'm not sold on him yet. Alex Smith on the other hand, he's getting the job done over in Kansas City. If you watched Kaepernick play in the two losses he suffered this season so far you would know that he looked uneasy in the pocket, he didn't look comfortable and his team was only able to mange 10 points in two games.

I knew what I was doing, and I kept tabs on my salary cap the whole time when it came to a sign-and-trade for Greg Jennings and I knew what I was doing when I applied the Franchise Tag to Dashon Goldson. Everyone manages their team completely differently. If you want to critique the other 31 teams, be my guest. I'm positive that decisions made by some of the other GMs would leave you dumbfounded. If you think you could have managed this team better, you shouldn't have stepped down.

7. Mach

Mach Cap Dude

Apr 20, 2009
    Yeah, about Mike Glennon...

8. wakeupitsfootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    About Case Keenum.

9. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    About Luke Wilson

10. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    *Owen*

11. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    "why I traded Gore"? Why not? I traded Crabtree, Gore, and a 3rd for Eric Decker, Derek Wolfe, a 1st rounder, and $8.6M in extra free agency money which would've just about paid for Aqib Talib after trading Tarrell Brown.

So as far as the overall net goes, you can essentially look at the trade as:
    Crabtree
    Gore

for
    Decker
    Eddie Lacy
    Aqib Talib
    Derek Wolfe [a high 2nd rounder capable of succeeding Justin Smith]

Gore is 30, and any year now his value will become nothing. So I used him to secure San Fran's back of the future while he still had some value left. Years with Lacy or short term with an aging Gore? Cmon, that's a no brainer.

12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    lol u suck.

ToddPhin likes this.