1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saints' Junior Gallette: "Dolphins aren't any good, we abused the o-line all game."

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Serpico Jones, Oct 1, 2013.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    He's right. Last night, we weren't very good. This is not controversial.

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I think we naturally buy into it cause we're the fans but he's right. Our offensive line outside of Pouncey is very mediocre.

I think we're a good team though.

Mike Sherman calls a sneak.

Tannehill doesn't fumble.

Tannehill doesn't throw an interception.

That's the 18 point difference. 3 stupid mistakes. We could play with the Saints, but those mistakes were huge.

We kept giving them excellent field position and leaving our defense in an island against the second best offense in the NFL.

3. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    Every team we've played has abused our offensive line. Should be no surprise to us.

4. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    They wernt 'abusing' the line in the 1st qtr and if I remember Miller looked good until Sherman decided to go away from using Miller. 2nd half..yep....total breakdown. Trying to get at least some balance. Even Gruden made comments in that 1st Qtr saying the Saints D Line were being manhandled. Didn't last long but play calling and strategy had an input on that 'abused' comment.

PapaC likes this.
  5. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Just print it out and put it in the O-line's lockers and move on.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fairly obvious we need to shake up the OL, the right side is dreadful

7. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Wow, what a classless winner. I thought our OL did fairly well until we got behind and became one dimensional.

MAFishFan, MrClean, Zod and 1 other person like this.
  8. NolePhin15

NolePhin15 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Jupiter
    I agree with this. It took until it became obvious to them that we were gonna pass for them to finally get significant pressure.

9. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks, Junior... because everyone was thinking we would get the W in New Orleans.

MikeHoncho and Zod like this.
  10. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    My life is ruined.

11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Best reaction I saw on twitter was, "Soooo, Junior Galette is kind of a dick."

Boik14, Phinfanjt, DOLPHAN1 and 4 others like this.
  12. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    You guys are a good team still. Beating the Saints in NO is a tough task for anyone.

Bpk likes this.
  13. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Junior, all class.

Douche.

Zod likes this.
  14. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Lol. What a douche. Way to be a sore winner.

And in other Junior Gallete news ____________

MikeHoncho, Boik14, Tone_E and 2 others like this.
  15. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I didn't like how the Saints kept passing with under 5 minutes to go.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  16. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought the line played well until they had to play from behind and had go to the air every play. They were in the game until Tannehill started giving the ball to the Saints.

Winning 3 games against teams that are 6-4 in the other games they played means nothing now?

People are just going to hate no matter what. People were giving the Jets credit for beating the Bucs and Bills? But the Dolphins get no credit for beating the Browns, Falcons and 3-1 Colts?

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Sad part is, he's not wrong.

1. Dolphins were not as good as their undefeated record indicated. The Saints were.
    2. The Dolphins have weak tackles.
    3. I would wish if I were him that I could play every week against what the Dolphins showed last night, too.
    4. They did indeed get us into catch-up mode and then take advantage of the aforementioned weak tackles.

The only statement he was wrong about was sort of a half-truth when he said they abused the offensive line all game long. It was more like half the game, but then again if I were him I might also agree that the abuse was going on during the first half as well but was thinly veiled by the play calling and the circumstances.

MikeHoncho and Bpk like this.
  18. Dolphrank

Dolphrank New Member

Jan 10, 2013
    PA
    Couldn't say it any better, myself. Put those Saints on some grass too.

19. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I think not enough has been said about playing 3 of the first 4 games on the road. That can't be easy for a team. Next 2 games are at home against subpar teams with a Bye in the middle. Let's see how this "horrible" team handles that.

20. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    They abused the line once we went into one-dimensional mode and they were able to tee off. Congrats. Prior to that we did a pretty solid job.

The Saints are the Saints and they played about as well as they could, which typically is the case in their house on a Monday night. To me, I saw a difference in experience and some key mistakes on our part that proved costly. It may sound silly, but I really didn't see 'that' vast a divide between the teams. I really didn't. I feel the same way today as I did last night. We can play with them. The crowd didn't affect our team.

I guess you could say we're still a year away. But I really wish we could play the Saints again in a month or two. Their house or ours. And I'm not upset that we lost to an elite team in a buzzsaw situation. We're still a good young team. We were absolutely as good as our record because we earned those wins and they didn't come against cupcakes.

Gallette can go pound sand. Typical front runner.

Sethdaddy8, MrClean, DOLPHAN1 and 5 others like this.
  21. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    The guy speaks of what he knows. He was going up against what is the worst part of this team.

They really need to find some answers on the line, and I'm not sure they can. These upcoming games against teams that many here believe we should win easily (Bills, Jets, etc.) may be a lot tougher than expected because both the Bills and Jets have front 7's that can cause some problems for subpar offensive lines like ours.

22. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Tip your cap, learn from it and move on.....

Honestlty the best thing to come out of last night was no majors injuries....I was so nervous playing on that rug that somebody was going to pull a Wilfork....I literally had a dream....

It would be nice to play them again, if it does it will be in Feb in NYC where it will be 20-30 degrees out and ole Junior wont be abusing anything but a long trench coat...

Kingtut561 likes this.
  23. Kingtut561

Kingtut561 New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    West Palm Beach Fl,
    No news here! we already know what time it is! I hate/love this stuff... C'mon Dolphins its time to MAN UP!

24. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    He just RT this laughing at Richie:

NuLa C.E.O. ‏@JuniorG93 11m
    “@68INCOGNITO: Tough loss tonight. Too many mistakes on our part. We will get that corrected. Back to the grind #FinsUp”HAHA

25. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

^ this. We weren't really THAT far out of it until we abandoned the run. They'll rebound against the Ravens.

26. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I bet his coaches will argue with him in film study that they abused us. As Miller was avg 5.6/carry. Tannehill had some big runs. Yes when the game got out of hand they got sacks. Abuse is a joke. I'm pretty sure our coaches and players would love to have a replay of that game as well. I bet we learned more than they did. They won, hats off to them. I love Payton's way of closing games, foot on throat. Love it. Trying to run the clock out isn't in his DNA

27. fins104

fins104 New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Hey guys this is my first post but ive been watching the dolphins my entire life unfortunately and here are my two cents on the o-line.

We have been putting off finding a longterm fix for the entire right side of the line for so long now, it needs to be addressed in the offseason. I think our first round pick (I know its early) should be a RT and we need to sign a good veteran RG in free agency. Generally rookie tackles can have a little more success right off the bat than guards for some reason and I think there are a lot more quality guards available than tackles not to mention they are cheaper.

I think the John Jerry experiment has to end. He isnt a train wreck but he needs to be improved. The combination of him and the pinwheels we have had at right tackle for years have destroyed us. This offense become prolific with quality blocking and this, along with the lb's are the only thing i feel needs to be improved on in the offseason.

28. filaphill

filaphill New Member

Oct 1, 2013

Your missing the 3rd and inches in the red zone as well as the crucial sacks on 3rd down that allowed the Phines to punt.

29. STColeridge

STColeridge Banned

May 2, 2013
    He's absolutely right.

30. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I totally agree with your view. We have to go thru these moments if we are to continue to grow and learn.

Muck and Bpk like this.
  31. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Saints' Junior Gallette: "Dolphins aren't any good, we abused the o-line all ...

If like to see him laugh in Richie's face

Bpk and NolePhin15 like this.
  32. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    What a douche.

cuchulainn likes this.
  33. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    When your left tackle ranks #40 out of 60 in pass block efficiency and your right tackle ranks #52 out of 60 in pass block efficiency, I'm not sure we get to call an opponent out for referring to our tackles as "weak".

The Dolphins have a pair of weak offensive tackles right now. Hopefully they improve.

finyank13 likes this.
  34. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    my 1st thought reading those rankings of our Tackles is....why was Miller not used more then? He was moving the ball. You got the run block efficiency ratings?

35. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Junior Gallette? lol... The guy had like a career night for him and thinks he is a HOF'er now and feeling his oats. Ritchie must've been f***ing with him during the game, winking at him, blowing him kisses or something to get this nobody this fired up.

There were ton's of Dolphins fans at the game there last night and all around Nola with some good natured ribbing going on pre-game. Didn't have one negative thing said to me pre or post game by the Saints fans.

Bpk likes this.
  36. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    They don't have a stat for run blocking, just their ratings which are subjective, opinion-based. What I quoted as Pass Block Efficiency was an actual statistic, not a subjective opinion-based rating.

As far as the RATINGS for run blocking go, they rank Jonathan Martin #69 out of 72 in their Run Blocking ratings. Tyson Clabo is #66 out 72.

Mile High Fin and Bpk like this.
  37. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I wouldn't say we aren't "any" good, but they sure as hell abused the O-Line all game.

Bpk likes this.
  38. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Well I did mention it by saying Sherman calls a sneak instead of giving it to Thomas.... Ryan is a big, strong quarterback lined up behind one of the best centers in the league... that was stupid..

39. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    You said it a nut shell to me, talent wise etc we aren't far off, big diff is they r experienced vet team on top of the heap w payton back, we are a young team growing who will limit mistakes as we get exp in big games. We have issues for sure, both players and coaches. 3 man rush 3 n 21? Multiple times no pressure 3rd n long, give up 1st down. Tsnnehill makes bad int and fumble. Issue that need fixed but can be fixed