1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Debunked Lies of Week 4

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin D, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    [table="width: 750"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #ff8200"]
    [td]LIE[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]We’re gonna beat the Saints.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [TR="bgcolor: #009ca5"]
    [td]TRUTH[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Granted, this wasn’t a widespread lie. Beginning of the week, no one thought we’d win and by the end of the week with anticipation and homerism kicking down the door in the logic part of the brain, people started to predict us winning.

Well, that was clearly stupid. [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[td]LIE[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Mike Sherman is devoid of talent.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [td]TRUTH[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]It does not take talent to do impressions. It takes talent to do accurate impressions. That 1st drive was a spot on, dead nuts Dan Henning impression. I mean to march down the field, only to stall on 3rd and inches, was the single greatest impression I’ve ever seen.

(***Note to Desides & MrClean: Yes, no one said Mike Shemran was not talented. It was merely a set up for me to say he pulled a Henning last night and still fit into this ridiculous format I started. Please set your Semantic Phasers to “Levity”. :tongue2:) [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[td]LIE[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Size matters in football.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [td]TRUTH[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Darren Sproles & Drew Brees stole our lunch money, gave us a wedgee, took our girlfriend, then punched us in the face. After that, they broke into the school office and hacked the computer changed all our grades to F, got us arrested for crimes they committed and while we were being lead away in hand cuffs…they had sex with our mom on the front lawn in front of our dad and neighborhood. (Years later when we’d try and seek revenge, they would forget they even knew us at one point.)

Further proof that Bill Parcells “big man theory” is dead.
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

[td]LIE[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Tannehill is pretty.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [td]TRUTH[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Some jack *** last week was talking about how pretty Tannehill is. That guy is a stupid, stupid, jack-***-face. In fact, the last time the number 17 was associated with something that ugly, CashInFist took it to Bob Evans then tried to hump it.

This is not the end for Tannehill though. In fact, I think relative to his long term development, this game was actually a good thing, because he is not the type to fold because this. He is the type to learn and be motivated by this. With that, hopefully the fumble issues stop.

Who am I kidding, he’s still pretty.
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

[td]LIE[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Mike Wallace….[/td]
    [/tr]
    [td]TRUTH[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]…is a lie right now. He owes the Dolphins about $5 million in refund as of this date. His drops last night were inexcusable. His lack of effort on the late INT is even more ridiculous. I’ve defended his signing, but if he doesn’t pull his ample head out of his goat ***, then I’m done with him. And yes, the notion of me being done with him most likely fills him with dread and despair. My opinion is very important to him….probably.[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

MonstBlitz, SICK, Claymore95 and 6 others like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    :sidelol: nice!

My take is that I hope that no one on this board is stupid enough to start claiming the sky is falling (too late from some of the posts I read this morning).
    We are 3-1, including 2-1 on the road in what is (on paper) the hardest part of our schedule.
    Let's look at the remaining schedule:
    1) if we can win at home vs Baltimore and Buffalo (very doable) then we are 5-1 going into New England game
    2) we lose at New England, just chalking that one up, now we're 5-2
    3) we have left: home games vs Bengals (Sun night) CHargers, Panthers, Jets and Patsies. I think we realistically go 3-2 (wins vs Bengals, Jets and Panthers). It wouldn't surprise me if we go 4-1, but trying to be a little cynical here.
    4) we have left: road games: at Tampa, at Jets, at Pittsburgh, at Barfalo, we can go either 3-1 or 2-2 on the road.

so, IMO, if we can start 5-2, we have an excellent shot at 10 or 11 wins, securing a wild card spot along the way.
    that's why I didn't get upset over last night. Hold Wake out another game, because we need him vs Baltimore and Buffalo way more than we needed him vs the Saints.

PhinFan1968, FinsUp and Fin D like this.
  3. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Getting exposed was a nice wakeup call, for the players, coaches, GM and fans. It could potentially be setting up nicely by getting an angry win against the Ravens and then go the bye to clean things up.

I'm not ready to hate on Wallace yet

Fin D likes this.
  4. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    There are some posters who, having been fairly quiet during the run to 3-0, will now take perverse joy in posting about how bad we are and how they knew it all along. We suck, Ireland sucks, Ross sucks, Tannehill sucks, etc, etc. Some people get off on being miserable.

I agree that the response to this that we hopefully will see against Baltimore will mean a lot. I'd go as far to say that it will make or break our season.

I'm not ready to hate on Wallace just yet, and I can easily ignore not putting up big numbers or lots of touchdowns, but another game with as little effort or heart as yesterday will test even his biggest supporters. There's no excuse for not trying.

cuchulainn and Fin D like this.
  5. FinsUp

FinsUp New Member

Apr 5, 2013
    New York, NY
    What confused me was Sherman. FinD, as you said, a few drives really reminded me of Henning, which was scary. Also, why not run some screens? Get Miller and Wallace involved even more. What also confuses me is the way he used Thomas. He's a between the tackles kinda runner, but sure let's get him to run outside. What? Thigpen broke a nice run and that was it for the night. Why? And why give up on the run so early, even though despite being behind, Miller was gashing their defense... It wasn't that we lost, it was how we lost... :pity:

Fin D and PhinFan1968 like this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You have to understand, that Henning wasn't an idiot. Henning over thought things which resulted in him outsmarting himself. That's what Sherm did last night. He was trying to be 2 steps ahead of the defense, when just lining up and QB sneaking would get you a yard.

I think its a symptom of older OCs, to be honest.

7. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Sherman, as well as Coyle, got cute rather than sticking to the KISS principle several times. Add to that RT's fumble and INT's and its a blow out. Which took only 8 minutes of game time, by PFF's watch, went from 4 to 25 down. :pity:

Note to Jeff .... resign Soliai ASAP and pay him properly.

8. PhillyPhin

PhillyPhin Banned

Sep 30, 2013

Make or Break, really? In this watered down NFL? I don't think a win or loss will determine the course of this team. The Defense is OK, not Seattle but definitely good enough to kind of carry this abysmal offense through the ebbs and flows of the season.

9. FinsUp

FinsUp New Member

Apr 5, 2013
    New York, NY
    How dare you make such an accusation! :pointlol:

Fin D likes this.
  10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

To be honest.. How do you defend that screen to Sproles. I watched the game.. And yes we got beat down. But.. I still maintain we were in that game until the 3rd Qtr.

I see no reason why the Phins can't beat the Saints in a less hostile environment

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

11. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Personally, I don't think Sherman or Coyle have been on their "A" game yet this year. Sherman tends to abandon the run too early, and I agree with FinD in that he overthinks things and that messes with him. Kevin Coyle's game plans the past 2 weeks have been poor, and I'm starting to notice some misuse of certain personnel groups - things that weren't exploited by Cleveland and Indy that were by Dirk Koetter and Pete Carmichael. I'd like to let it play out against Baltimore before I delve into it further; perhaps it's a symptom of going up against a really good and elite quarterback in the past two weeks respectively.

Fin D likes this.
  12. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Nice job Fin D.

Fin D likes this.
  13. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Tannehill looks like Stiffler.

14. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    I'm not talking about the result being make or break, I'm talking about the performance and how we respond to this week's loss. A win or loss won't determine the course of the season, but the performance might. They need to show that they can put this week behind them and bounce back.

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    The worst part about the "we were going to beat the Saints" is we kept it close until the final two minutes of the 2nd half, ball in hand, down by 4. Even three points there would of been big for us. The turnover that ensued was potentially an 11 point swing at worst and a 14 point swing at best... Im not saying we win if it doesn't happen, but we hung in there for awhile. Would of liked to see what the team could of done with momentum going into the 2nd half, getting the ball back.