1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill Exercising the Demons

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Sep 23, 2013.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    In week 2, Ryan Tannehill out dueled Andrew Luck. The guy many of us Dolphin fans (myself included) were hoping Miami could "suck for". The QB who has received the lions share of the media attention from what could prove to be the best QB draft class since 1983. Leaving all us Dolphin fans to ponder those meaningless wins orchestrated by the lame duck Sparano. But last week Tannehill played the better game, and Miami won. 1 demon down.

Yesterday in week 3 Ryan Tannehill squared off against Matt Ryan. The guy who could have been Miami's franchise QB. But the GRAND FUPA Bill Parcells had other plans. A plan to build a team that would have won games in the late 80s and early 90s but was horrifyingly mediocre in today's NFL. In his defense, he did draft a pretty good LT in Jake Long. But Jake Long is no longer here and Atlanta still has Matt Ryan who has had a very good (maybe not great) career so far. Leaving all of us to ponder that first round pick that could have been. But yesterday, despite having better protection and arguably better weapons at his disposal, Matt Ryan looked more like a game manager than a franchise QB. And it was Tannehill who put his team on his back with an epic TD drive to win the game. 2 demons down.

This week, week 4, brings the ultimate poltergeist for Tannehill. Miami had not one chance but 2 chances to have Drew Brees as their QB. First they should have drafted him in 2002. Then they should have signed him in 2006. Watching Brees win a superbowl, all while shattering our beloved Dan Marino's records has been the ultimate dick kick. Should Tannehill excercise this demon Dolphin fan souls will no longer be trapped in purgatory. We can celebrate the coming of our very own franchise QB and no longer dwell on what could have or should have been.

It's a very tall order for Tannehill in week 4. Personally, I think even if he and these Dolphins fall short in the Big Easy this week, it won't mean he's not still the franchise QB we've all been waiting over a decade for. But boy would it be sweet if Tannehill can continue purging these Dolphin spirits of "what might have been".

2. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Do you mean "exorcising" or is this a play on words that I didn't get?

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I meant what I typed!!!

[​IMG]

Not really... :lol:

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    This message brought to you by...

[​IMG]

MikeHoncho likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    An interesting way to look at it :lol: It would be very, very sweet though to defeat Brees and the Saints. As far as I'm concerned the NFL owes us one after handing the Saints the game the last time we played with some horrendous calls. However, we shouldnt have been in that position at that time I guess.

This has been a great start for us, especially to get to watch Tannehill essential win us three games is come from behind fashion, but the Atlanta game was especially beautiful to watch. We need Patterson healthy, along with Taylor and Davis in our secondary to help us beat the Saints though, along with Soliai to stop their run. Of course, lets not forget Wake. If we get everyone back or at least most of them, we've got a damn good chance. I'd love to beat Brees, give them that first loss, in their house, and move to 4-0!

MonstBlitz likes this.
  6. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    No, I wasn't just being a Grammar Nazi...I thought maybe there was a pun involved.