1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill shoulder injury??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins_Fan_87, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    adam beasley
    I hope it's minor.

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I do remember Tannehill seemingly holding his shoulder funny after something early to mid in the Colts game, unless I imagined it.

3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That was it.

@AdamHBeasley: Tannehill dinged his shoulder on the fumble that was reviewed. He never missed a snap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

4. Drowning

Drowning ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH

Dec 20, 2007
    Its a rope-a-dope. No worries.

5. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    He got hit on a 3rd down play and his throwing arm seemed limp. It looked bothersome.
    He did come back and play, though. I'd think he's fine for this game.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    don't think it is anything serious or that threatens the game. that kind of info is impossible to keep secret & he ended the game well. much to do about nothing...

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yep, he really looked to be banged up initially but then he came back and looked fine. It made me think of Chad Pennington and his shoulder injuries. A gust of wind can separate his shoulder.

8. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That's not true about Penny.

A forecast of wind could separate his shoulder.

SICK, eltos_lightfoot, bberg and 3 others like this.
  9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Oh boy...hope this isn't something that nags at him all season.

10. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    he will be fine, he even gave a press conference today, the thing that i was the most exited about when he said "we are excited about our game plan"

GreysonWinfield likes this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    This does worry me a little because something did happen, his shoulder was the apex on a compromising position if you recall the play, when something hurts like that it means there is some damage somewhere, Unless it was some sort of stinger...he threw the ball well though after, the bad part is missing reps, good news he has a day off 2maro.

xphinfanx, ckparrothead and Bpk like this.
  12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Most likely its the usual bumps and bruises of playing football.

13. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Hopefully it's just the new Tom Brady shoulder

14. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    OL needs to protect well this weekend even more so.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  15. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    He did stretch out his arm after getting hit on a 3rd down play. I remember asking, what's wrong with Tannehills arm? after I saw him stretch and swing it in a windmill motion.

16. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah, Tom Brady has been "suffering" that injury for years.

maynard likes this.
  17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yo he tweaked, strained, sprained something in that moment

18. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This is what happens when you are the second most sacked QB in the league. I think I heard that stat on Finsiders today.

I'd like to see how many combined hits and sacks he has absorbed. My feeling is, if the protection continues on the current clip, he won;t make it through the season healthy, let alone post season.

For anyone wondering why he doesn't run more, this is why... he is already getting abused enough, and I doubt the coaches want to expose him to even further hits by designing runs for him.

xphinfanx likes this.
  19. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    not very hard sacks though so far

20. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    He tweaked it on the fumble that wasn't a fumble. It hurts like a b#$%^ when you get hit in the arm as it is coming forward and it prevents or slows the torque of that motion. The worst is when your arm stops completely, that will leave your shoulder and elbow in a dead state, your done for the day and possibly longer. As it was, Mathis caught only a piece of his hand...still tweaks it but he'll be fine. Been there and done that on that injury.

He'll get it warmed up on Sunday and everything will be go.

Agree on the Pass Pro - We need to get this figured out. He cannot get sacked 72 times this season and everything be ok, with his health and/or wins/losses.

CantinaJack likes this.
  21. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    The only way Tannehill is going to make it through the entire season is if the OL can improve significantly in pass protection. Tannehill also needs to have better pocket awareness. A few of the sacks he has taken in the first two games were when he stepped up, right into the tackler. Hopefully he will become more aware in the pocket as he gets more experience as an NFL QB. As far as the OL is concerned, they have to do a much better job than they have protecting Tannehill in the first two games.

Paul 13 likes this.
  22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    A couple of points to make.

1. Being on the injury list isn't important. As has been pointed out, Tom Brady appeared on the injury report for NE for some ridiculous span of weeks. The Patriots stopped doing that when the NFL re-vamped their rules for reporting, so perhaps it's more significant than it used to be, but you still see plenty of people around the league on injury reports even though it's not serious. For example just in this upcoming Week 3, Tony Romo, Geno Smith and Colin Kaepernick are all listed on their team's injury list. They are all expected to play.

2. That said, being listed as "Limited Participation in Practice" absolutely IS significant. The Patriots to my knowledge have never listed Brady as being limited in practice heading into the game, since the NFL went to that format for the injury reporting. The thing about Tony Romo, Geno Smith and Colin Kaepernick all having been listed on the injury report? All of them are listed as "Full Participation in Practice". I'm not saying it's a sign that Ryan Tannehill will end up missing the game. Blaine Gabbert was listed as being a limited practice participant heading into Week 1 and he started that game. But I think anything that forces a QUARTERBACK who is vital to the installation of the game plan to miss some practice is pretty significant, IMO.

Thus far I'm seeing a lot of extreme reaction but it all seems to be extreme reaction going one way. Some people are destined to freak out about this and that will be unnecessary. But on the other hand there are far more people pretending that there are a bunch of people freaking out, so that they can make fun of them, and insist that this has no significance whatsoever. That's not true, either. It's in-between.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I would say the Oline and backs are responsible for about 65 % of the sacks, Ryan is responsible for the others..he's got to get better, quicker, more alert in the pocket.

24. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    And there are also a bunch of media conspiracy theorists out there pretending the media are just trying to start some sh-t or whatever. That to me is extraordinarily laughable because I've only seen the media straight up report the fact that Tannehill was a limited participant in practice. I mean that's it. It's a simple fact. But I guess you can't report simple facts anymore, even entirely relevant ones, without being accused of agenda.

25. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    not in this thread....?

26. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I believe Ryan said somewhere this week that he's been responsible for roughly half of them. I think that is a fair statement actually.

27. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    since that hasn't happened in this thread... some might accuse you of baiting them to come out of their caves?

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    When you rewatch the play several times, he injured the shoulder, and he babied it the whole way to the sideline, the injury happened early 3rd quarter..I will be looking closely at his velocity early in the game, and if Sherman is protecting him at all.

I wonder if their keeping the MRI on the DL...gonna have to check the club.

29. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Not hard enough to break a bone? Sacks are a matter of time if they keep coming at this rate we are in trouble.

30. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Twitter mostly.

Paul 13 likes this.
  31. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I am not really worried about this specific injury, I think it was just dinged. I am worried about the sack total however. Second most in the league, Brandon Weeden is the most sacked and he is already missing playing time. I don't care who's fault it is, whether it is the Offensive Line or Tannehill they need to do something to protect him better or he will be missing games too.
    Here is an article where he addresses the injury and the sacks he's had:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/19/3635785/dolphins-ryan-tannehill-cant-make.html

32. mcdave21

mcdave21 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Yikes!! So Tannehill Was Limited, Solai And Clemons Did Not Practice, And Will Davis,Jimmy Wilson, And Dmitri Patterson Were Limited As Well?? This Is Not Looking Good.

33. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    A lot more people banged up for this game than I thought

34. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    There are so many injuries on both sides of this game. I'm really having a hard time adjusting my thoughts as far as what happens. I'm inclined to pick the Falcons as I worry about our secondary versus their receivers and overall passing game...but I mean, injuries! They're everywhere on both sides. Inserts a lot of randomness I think.

35. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree with your initial reaction to pick the Falcons this week. I am thinking their offense doesn't miss a beat but Tannehill being sore worries me.

Falcons 31
    Dolphins 24

36. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You have certainly become a media apologist. Which totally fits my media conspiracy!

maynard likes this.
  37. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    He had a 20yd strike to Hartline after the injury. It was a great throw, and velocity looked perfectly fine.

38. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    maybe its time to sign another veteran qb for depth . if Tanny keeps getting sack excessively then the oline needs to be discipline or just flat out let go and replaced but its too late for that. its amazing at how quickly other teams have rebounded from being bad but the fins is taking longer what gives ?

I am referring to the oline , in that we seem to keep having oline issues ,so when was the last time we had a top 10 oline ?

39. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm seeing a lot of media types picking the Dolphins... since they picked against us the first two weeks and we won... now they'll pick for us and guess what?? we'll lose. media conspiracy is right! I just hope Soliai is going to play because I have a feeling it's going to rain, which will make running the ball a priority. Good thing the muddy infield is no longer though.

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He did..did you see anyone look at Tannehill after he went to the sideline.?...I wonder why there hasn't been an MRI scheduled.